SportsWrath

Hi Guys- Sorry Ive been away so long

JackStroud

Ok Wilson is the 8th Block of Granite and he's money on 1st and 2nd downs

LOL Give me a break Nas........but thanks for the welcome

I'm feeling pretty secure that Wilson, Baas are done for the year, and I wont have to watch Ol Iron Pants try to prove that a college scat back can be a feature RB for the Giants til next year.......hopefully we win another Trophy and the Ol Goat retires

Stubbornness is Coughlin's middle name

You know who was clueless blocking? Fucking Scott... I'm 134 lbs and I could block better than him... glad he's gone.

You know who was clueless blocking? Fucking Scott... I'm 134 lbs and I could block better than him... glad he's gone.

He was awful.

If anything Hillis has really impressed me.....he's a decent runner, but good blocker and receiver.....very versatile dude.

I think once we have everyone healthy, he should stick as a #4 back.

He was awful.

If anything Hillis has really impressed me.....he's a decent runner, but good blocker and receiver.....very versatile dude.

I think once we have everyone healthy, he should stick as a #4 back.

Hillis is amazing... not the fastest but he runs like a bull... Conner is good too... and I'm in love with Beason... we actually have a MLB.

Hillis has not even hit his stride.......hes not in football shape yet

the man ran for 1200 yds just a few years ago

Andre Brown is as good a back as we've had since Tiki........were loaded at RB now.........we don't need any midgets back there........let him try out for slot back if he has hands.....otherwise he is a very expensive KR in an era when most kicks cannot be returned as wasted a 1st round pick as we have ever had IMHO.

Wilson is a great back when he gets a huge hole to run through

If he has to break tackles or find a seam or follow a blocker or block a blitzing player......he is the worst NYG RB in team history

Yes worse than Rocky Thompson

Thompson and Wilson have the same YPC around 3 and ROCKY avg 28 yds to Wilson's 26 in KR

I've actually seen Wilson fall to the ground to avoid being hit by an attacking Blitzer......I've also seen him tossed like a rag

I know a lot of you read Wilson's college stats and seen the incredible acceleration but its fools gold in a block 1st play action offense

I could see how increasingly nervous Eli got as he was hammered, had no protection and always had to complete a 3rd and long due to Wilson's many many no gains on 1st and 2nd down........Wilson also has a hard time catching a swing or screen pass and does not

Find open space to catch them........the guy is clueless

I know what you're saying here, Jack (though "worst RB in NYG history" is vintage, classic Jack Hyperbole!). Wilson has to be in less of a rush when he gets the ball and learn how to read the blocking and hit the hole. It's not uncommon with young backs - they just want to unleash that super speed right away. I think Wilson will learn and grow. He just has too many raw tools not to. This is no Rocky Thompson, believe me.

I'm praying the Spinal Stenosis is the end of his Giants career.........this is no place to learn on the job..........as a Pro you either have it or you don't

point out to me one scat back who started our gawdaful and became a star in the NFL.......there were none

the worst part is not the no gains..........the worst part is he blocks like tissue paper

Jack .......I think you are being a bit harsh to 'pray' for Wilson's Spinal condition to end his career in New York. Also he can be a very good running back , especially with a decent full back and a healthy O Line. He is not the worst back in our history .......unless your medium term memory is deserting you ?

I'm praying the Spinal Stenosis is the end of his Giants career.........this is no place to learn on the job..........as a Pro you either have it or you don't

point out to me one scat back who started our gawdaful and became a star in the NFL.......there were none

the worst part is not the no gains..........the worst part is he blocks like tissue paper

Jack, even for you, that's an extremely stupid statement. To suggest guys come into the league and don't learn, develop and become better players in their first few years is a typically stupid statement for you. To root - make that pray - for serious, career threatening injury would be stupid for a 3rd grader. Grow the fuck up.

Im not praying for his career to end

I'm just hoping he takes his learning curve somewhere else

He was a major component in the 0-6 run.......no the whole cause but certainly a part of it

Yeah, I'll give you that he was a negative this year. Easy for me to say now in hindsight but he was miscast as a lead back so early in his career. Brown going down killed him, as well as the team as a whole. Wilson could have used a year or two as a complimentary part of a committee and let his role gradually increase, like Bradshaw's career path.

But assuming his health allows him to play, he'll be a Giant next year and I think in time, you'll be glad he is.

He's No Bradshaw

Read This-

Bradshaw at 199 lbs was rated the NFLs BEST RB BLOCKER last year 2012.........PUHLEASE do bo compare the little back flipper to the NFL's BEST
GOOD F GRIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Bradshaw is a talented runner who can run on the front-side and back-side of plays, has the vision to bounce out into the open field, and he possesses an underrated game overall. It’s unlikely that Bradshaw’s running style appealed to Grigson the most, however. Instead it was his pass protection skills, a very important skillset that Bradshaw excels at and last year’s Colts running backs did not.

Of the four running backs on the roster last season, only one — Mewelde Moore, a well-known pass blocker — graded positively (0.6) last year for his pass blocking, which he did on only 79 snaps according to Pro Football Focus. In comparison, Bradshaw registered a league-best 3.7 grade on a far greater 199 snaps for the New York Giants."

A) I didn't compare them. I said Wilson would have been best served to be used like Bradshaw was early in his career and B) Bradshaw didn't play as much in his first few years because......wait for it....his blocking wasn't up to par!

Bradshaw played a lot in his 1st few years........he maintained a steady 4.5 YPC throughout his career.........not as good as Tiki's 5.2 but right up there

As you may recall Bradshaw came in mid third Qtr after Jacobs had softened up the Defense.........it was a great idea and might be the better way to use Wilson if he sticks around

Throwing Wilson to the wolves in the Dallas game may have ruined his career

All offseason the talk was Wilson going to be breakthrough player this year. By season two he should of learned how to follow blocks and not try to bounce every run to the outside for a huge gain.

I would agree, but with the way they limit contact in practice these days... well, practice time, period... you need touches in a real game to get experience.

Wilson has been carrying the ball since he was like 7, and until last season he was always by far the most explosive guy on the field.... those bad habits aren't going to go away overnight.

With his neck issues, it may be a moot point.

All offseason the talk was Wilson going to be breakthrough player this year. By season two he should of learned how to follow blocks and not try to bounce every run to the outside for a huge gain.

And how was he supposed to learn from the bench? I think we all know that game time experience is 10x more effective than practice. Blame Coughlin.

He started week one

And was promptly removed from the game.

I really think he just rubs Coughlin the wrong way. Knowing next to nothing about his personality, only seeing his potential, I leave him in there and let him work it out. In the NFL you have to know when to hold 'em, and know when to fold 'em... and this kid has always had the best hand at the table, he doesn't know what it is to have to fold. Hence lots of effort-related fumbles, ala Ricky Watters.

The Giants lost 6 straight games anyway... as little as Wilson was on the field during that period, the team would have been no worse off though that period with him getting a feature back's workload. And would have been better off going forward, with a more confident, experienced player at runningback. This of course being a hypothetical world in which 1) Wilson doesn't get injured, and 2) he isn't (apparently) an immature little prick whom the head coach cannot stand.

And was promptly removed from the game.

I really think he just rubs Coughlin the wrong way. Knowing next to nothing about his personality, only seeing his potential, I leave him in there and let him work it out. In the NFL you have to know when to hold 'em, and know when to fold 'em... and this kid has always had the best hand at the table, he doesn't know what it is to have to fold. Hence lots of effort-related fumbles, ala Ricky Watters.

The Giants lost 6 straight games anyway... as little as Wilson was on the field during that period, the team would have been no worse off though that period with him getting a feature back's workload. And would have been better off going forward, with a more confident, experienced player at runningback. This of course being a hypothetical world in which 1) Wilson doesn't get injured, and 2) he isn't (apparently) an immature little prick whom the head coach cannot stand.

I thought that when they drafted him. I said Coughlin is going to go nuts the first time he tries to reverse field and when he holds the ball losely. Which he did...maybe they thought Ingram could fix him and be patient with him. That wasn't the case either.

And in fairness to Wilson, our OL was beyond bad for those first 6 games. On an inordinate percentage of his carries, he was hit by two or more defenders the second he touched the ball! The guy seldom saw a crack of daylight!