SportsWrath

Scary statistic

JMFP

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/giants/will-beatty-confident-giants-can-fix-running-game-1.6085195

The 23 rushing yards against the Broncos were the Giants' fewest since they had 6 yards at the Los Angeles Rams on Nov. 12, 1989, in a 31-10 loss.

According to Pro Football Focus, an analytical website, the Giants' running backs had 24 rushing yards after first contact with a defender. In other words, had they not broken tackles, they would have finished with minus-1 rushing yards for the game.

To be honest, we haven't had a real running game for several years now. When Bradshaw and Jacobs were in their prime, we could move the ball on the ground....and we did so in Eli's first Super Bowl. But it's been downhill ever since.

Has a lot to do with our O-line, which has been built primarily to protect Eli rather than the run game.

But it is scary though, because a team isn't going anywhere if they can't pound out yards on the ground as well as have a good aerial game.

I fault Gilbride and TC for not taking the ground game more seriously.

Hell, even if we had a short passing game to speak of, we'd be in better shape. But everything is 20+ yard passes or a run that doesn't go anywhere. Shit, we don't have linebackers, you'd think it'd be easy enough to practice some intermediate throws in the 5-10 yard varieties.

Has anyone revisited our schedule? It doesn't look nearly as favorable as it once did given our performance these past two weeks added to that of our opponents. Our saving grace might be that the rest of the NFC East isn't all that dominant.

Hell, even if we had a short passing game to speak of, we'd be in better shape. But everything is 20+ yard passes or a run that doesn't go anywhere. Shit, we don't have linebackers, you'd think it'd be easy enough to practice some intermediate throws in the 5-10 yard varieties.

Has anyone revisited our schedule? It doesn't look nearly as favorable as it once did given our performance these past two weeks added to that of our opponents. Our saving grace might be that the rest of the NFC East isn't all that dominant.

With our luck, the 'Skins will get their act together just in time for their tilt against the Giants. But they look like total ass right now.

With our luck, the 'Skins will get their act together just in time for their tilt against the Giants. But they look like total ass right now.

Only way we see RG3 is if they get him the rest he needs. I have a feeling he'll either be done for the season at that point OR he'll be equally ineffective as he's been thus far this season. Either way, I'd bet we don't see the RG3 of last year, this year.

Only way we see RG3 is if they get him the rest he needs. I have a feeling he'll either be done for the season at that point OR he'll be equally ineffective as he's been thus far this season. Either way, I'd bet we don't see the RG3 of last year, this year.

The skins are doing with RG3 this year what the Giants did with Nicks last year...

I remember that 31-10 Rams loss like it was yesterday ................it was bloody awful ....I was 19 and at University .................we were 8-1 going into that game ...........and then the bloody Rams beat us again in the bloody playoffs with that Flipper Anderson OT nightmare ...........bloody horrible !

regards bloody UK