SportsWrath

3 QBs =

JMFP

We might as well keep Nassib as our number two. Painter showed that he clearly fucking blows tonight and David Carr is David Carr.

If Eli goes down our season is fucked no matter what.

yeah Painter was horrible

at the end of the day .....it's decision time . I reckon we have to go with 2 QB's ( Eli , Carr ). To be honest , Nassib was a mistake as a 4th rounder by JR. We should cut him and he will end up on the PS ( he will surely clear waivers easily .....he's not an NFL calibre QB and probably never will be .... we should just admit that it was a mistake and move on .........and we need the bloody roster spot ). Painter was never worth keeping anyway IMO.......

at the end of the day .....it's decision time . I reckon we have to go with 2 QB's ( Eli , Carr ). To be honest , Nassib was a mistake as a 4th rounder by JR. We should cut him and he will end up on the PS ( he will surely clear waivers easily .....he's not an NFL calibre QB and probably never will be .... we should just admit that it was a mistake and move on .........and we need the bloody roster spot ). Painter was never worth keeping anyway IMO.......

UK, I really think writing Nassib off at this point of his very young career is way premature. The guy played behind no line and that's not way to show what he can do. I'm not saying he's the 2nd coming of Peyton but Jesus brother.. give the kid some time.

They drafted him in the 4th round to develop him into a back-up QB. I would be shocked if that changes. I would think Eli and Nassib are locks the question is Carr vs Painter... or neither. I would bet on Carr

Cut him anyway Nas ....... Nobody else in their right mind is going to claim him ...... Then we can sign him to our practice squad and see if he has any vague potential to develop into an NFL calibre backup ( which I doubt )

Regards UK

This man makes a very level and sane point.

If Reese & Tom wanted Nassib to be the #2 they would have played him a LOT more over the last 4 weeks. The fact they gave Painter an extended run in Week 3 suggests they saw more potential in him.

I think they will cut Nassib, nobody will put him on their 53 and he'll wind up with our practice squad. "Fortunately" for us, Nassib hasn't shown enough to compel any team to make room for him on cut down day.

As for Painter or Carr, I make that a jump ball, with maybe a slight edge to Painter.

This man makes a very level and sane point.

If Reese & Tom wanted Nassib to be the #2 they would have played him a LOT more over the last 4 weeks. The fact they gave Painter an extended run in Week 3 suggests they saw more potential in him.

This is what I don't get. Why not give him the majority of the snaps last night? Instead of four QB's getting ten snaps each. Are we really going to release him though...after spending a fourth and sixth.

This is what I don't get. Why not give him the majority of the snaps last night? Instead of four QB's getting ten snaps each. Are we really going to release him though...after spending a fourth and sixth.

All we spent was a sixth in all honesty.

We swapped fourths, it's not like we gave them an extra fourth round pick somewhere.

I think they will cut Nassib, nobody will put him on their 53 and he'll wind up with our practice squad. "Fortunately" for us, Nassib hasn't shown enough to compel any team to make room for him on cut down day.

As for Painter or Carr, I make that a jump ball, with maybe a slight edge to Painter.

You dont think some team would take a chance to steal him here? He has lots of physical talents and potential... i could imagine the Jets taking him as their 6th QB! LOL

You dont think some team would take a chance to steal him here? He has lots of physical talents and potential... i could imagine the Jets taking him as their 6th QB! LOL

LOL! Maybe but I doubt it. Every team is agonizing over every spot, trying to fit that kid(s) who had such a good camp, while still holding onto a veteran who can still contribute. To throw both of them overboard for a 4th round QB who showed little....? I don't see it. Roll the dice.

That was pissing me off. Did we need another look at Carr? Twice?

Because you think the Giants would lose him to another team's 53, so we'll keep 3 QBs? Or because we want him as the #2?

Because I think it's just obvious giants won't try to put him there.

if im wrong you can fart in my dinner.

They drafted him in the 4th round to develop him into a back-up QB. I would be shocked if that changes. I would think Eli and Nassib are locks the question is Carr vs Painter... or neither. I would bet on Carr

I think Painter is the better of the two...

Jets cut Greg McElroy. He's young and cheap and he's played NFL games. Would think he'd be more likely picked up by a team with QB needs than Nassib. Just don't see a team giving a roster spot to a project.

You might be right, maybe the Giants keep him but I'm sure he could get through waivers and make it back on the practice squad. I'll pass on the farting thing, though....

Jets cut Greg McElroy. He's young and cheap and he's played NFL games. Would think he'd be more likely picked up by a team with QB needs than Nassib. Just don't see a team giving a roster spot to a project.

You might be right, maybe the Giants keep him but I'm sure he could get through waivers and make it back on the practice squad. I'll pass on the farting thing, though....

Seeing how the Patriots picked up a battered Ballard, I say yes other teams would pick up Nassib in a heartbeat.

Ballard had produced as a starter in the NFL. Nassib hasn't beaten out Curtis Painter.

Yet.. :). And Painter looked a whole lot better than Carr out there too... again Nassib is a kid... he needs time to develop.