SportsWrath

3 QBs =

JMFP

I don't like his throwing action ,time to trade the Carr in.

I'm not sure I want Nassib to be the #2 yet...although who are we kidding, if Eli goes down, our season is down the shitter anyway.. might as well give the rook the experience he needs.

It wont be much longer and the free agent market will be filling up with cuts.You never know who will be there Maybe our next fill in back up QB. By fill in I mean a QB that will be there just in case ELI gets hurt and until Nassib "get's it" both the cerebral part of the offence and the physical Back up position. both will probably come hand in hand. I get this Fave/Rodgers feeling(watch, learn/ Mentor,student). Not saying Eli is done in 2 years, he could have 8 more years.

The Favre/Rogers situation is ideal.... just not the way GB handled it...

The Favre/Rogers situation is ideal.... just not the way GB handled it...

No, it's not ideal. I can't see under any circumstances that 1. Eli Manning retires in the next 3 years and then un-retires within months to comeback. 2. Green Bay handled that fine, it was Favre who acted like a bitch.

Anyone who says that Nassib is going to be a "Favre-Rodgers" take over is well, wrong. Eli is going to play for atleast 6 more years.

No, it's not ideal. I can't see under any circumstances that 1. Eli Manning retires in the next 3 years and then un-retires within months to comeback. 2. Green Bay handled that fine, it was Favre who acted like a bitch.

Anyone who says that Nassib is going to be a "Favre-Rodgers" take over is well, wrong. Eli is going to play for atleast 6 more years.

...and Rodgers was a fucking 1st round pick! He was their succession plan from the moment he was drafted. Rodgers and Nassib are not comparible situations.

It just seems everyone liked the idea of grooming a backup when we drafted Bomar a few years ago, when Eli was even further away from retirement, and Bomar wasn't viewed by some experts as 1st or 2nd round pick.

Jo-Load was a rookie, and Wright was nowhere near Carr's ability.

Most likely, we dump a decent DT to keep Nassib....the rest of your commentary was below what I expect from a man of your caliber.

actually that super bowl year was Lorenzen's third or fourth season.

I do not see the issue. Carr knows the offense inside and out, can step in and possibly win a game or two if Eli gets banged up, while working with Nassib this season. I would not be shocked to see Carr ending up as a coach when he decides that playing is not part of his plan.

Drafting Nassib I think guaranteed us 3 QB's this year and maybe even next. Watching them at training camp you can see no one there is in Eli's league he is pretty amazing to watch. Hopefully he is behind center for years to come too, but you never know what happens in the NFL to a QB. I think investing in the next three years at QB is worth a roster spot

Not what I meant... Having 2 good QBs = one can be traded. That's all I meant to say.

Pdub, that is fair, plenty of people liked Bomar. I was not in that camp... to be fair, it was a "whatever" kind of pick for me. I think I remember Bleedin' really liked him back then and touted him a bunch. And who knows, had Bomar gotten into a more favorable situation where he had a chance to play earlier maybe he would be a good QB, I'm not bagging on Bleedin'.

I do think that if Nassib pans out as a good backup QB that for the next several years we don't have to worry about that position... that's fine. Nobody cares about the 4th round pick 2 or 3 years ago and nobody will care 2 or 3 years from now. I just understand guys that feel the way Joe does, in that it's not a draft pick that is likely to ever play a meaningful game in for us. But people buy good insurance plans hoping they never have to use it. So a 4th rounder on a hopefully very good insurance plan? I suppose that's ok. I just hope that some way, Nassib really catches on the radar of some team 3 years from now and we can parlay him into a high pick. I have a plan... Giants can go 13-1 this season, and Nassib can play heavy minutes in the final 2 games as we rest Eli. I'm sure most of us would sign up for that.

Pdub, that is fair, plenty of people liked Bomar. I was not in that camp... to be fair, it was a "whatever" kind of pick for me. I think I remember Bleedin' really liked him back then and touted him a bunch. And who knows, had Bomar gotten into a more favorable situation where he had a chance to play earlier maybe he would be a good QB, I'm not bagging on Bleedin'.

I do think that if Nassib pans out as a good backup QB that for the next several years we don't have to worry about that position... that's fine. Nobody cares about the 4th round pick 2 or 3 years ago and nobody will care 2 or 3 years from now. I just understand guys that feel the way Joe does, in that it's not a draft pick that is likely to ever play a meaningful game in for us. But people buy good insurance plans hoping they never have to use it. So a 4th rounder on a hopefully very good insurance plan? I suppose that's ok. I just hope that some way, Nassib really catches on the radar of some team 3 years from now and we can parlay him into a high pick. I have a plan... Giants can go 13-1 this season, and Nassib can play heavy minutes in the final 2 games as we rest Eli. I'm sure most of us would sign up for that.

You know I've thought about about this as well but then I've come to realize, that very rarely does your full draft board ever play for your team or actually do anything to help your team.

In 2007 it was an exception damn near every single player drafted helped the Giants reach the SB and win, however outside of that year you can't really make the case for any other year. For example;

2012, Wilson, Randle, Hosely are the only ones to contribute from that draft. Robinson, Mosely, McCant and Kuhn may not even be on the team after cuts are made.

2011, Prince, Sash and Jacquian are the only ones from that draft who has had any impact for the Giants on the field. Austin, Jernigan, Brewer, Jones, Scott still have to make any impact at all. That's three draft picks from that year who are contributing versus five who arnt.

Now a better example let's look at the 2009 draft.

Nicks, Beatty and Brown are the only ones from that draft still on the team out of nine picks, six players from that draft arnt even with the Giants anymore.

I think people are expecting JR to hit a draft like 2007 when we had a lot of luck with the rookies helping the Giants but in all reality that was a fluke of a season that I doubt will happen again.

I have no problem with grooming Nassib and seeing if he has starter potential. I'm just saying the place to do that is from the practice squad. That's what it's for. If a guy's on the active roster he should at least be useful for special teams.

Golfy, all it would take (God forbid) is a career ending injury.

I have no problem with grooming Nassib and seeing if he has starter potential. I'm just saying the place to do that is from the practice squad. That's what it's for. If a guy's on the active roster he should at least be useful for special teams.

thing is with a practice squad any team can grab him or any other player off anyones practice squad.

thing is with a practice squad any team can grab him or any other player off anyones practice squad.

Yes, but as I keep saying they'd have to sign him to their active roster and there's no reason anyone would do that. If another team is shopping for a back-up QB they'll sign someone with actual NFL experience, not an untested 4th round rookie. People are getting really homerish in their assessment of this guy. Curtis Painter is more likely to get signed by another team's active roster than Nassib is.

Yes, but as I keep saying they'd have to sign him to their active roster and there's no reason anyone would do that. If another team is shopping for a back-up QB they'll sign someone with actual NFL experience, not an untested 4th round rookie. People are getting really homerish in their assessment of this guy. Curtis Painter is more likely to get signed by another team's active roster than Nassib is.

Curtis painter can not go on the practice squad he would have to be cut before he goes else where.