SportsWrath

Underrated/Overrated

Bigblue25

Dayne is consider overrated because he came out of college with a hesimen trophy.

My Overrated player would be: Josephy aka willy beans from "the U" and Luke Petty-fales-start-guuu.

Luke Pettigout is a good one--never understood how that guy stuck with this team for as long as he did. Diehl was, and Beatty is far better than Cap'n False Start ever was.

Joseph is like Dayne to me--how is an utter bust overrated?

Luke Pettigout is a good one--never understood how that guy stuck with this team for as long as he did. Diehl was, and Beatty is far better than Cap'n False Start ever was.

Joseph is like Dayne to me--how is an utter bust overrated?

What did Joseph have like two tackles and a half sack while he was here? His fellow countryman JPP got more in one game then this guy did in a season... :D And Pettispew was something else. The Prostitute absolutely loved him for some reason...I guess they bonded that first camp when Pettispew needed an IV after every play... :jerkoff:

You know I wouldn't say Petitgout should be considered overrated.

He was an alright tackle while he was here, nothing more, nothing less. Sure as a first round pick you might expect more but he was on the team for seven years and was better then really anything we had on the team at the time. He was more of a bust, who should be been taken in the fifth round instead of the first.

It's not like anyone was calling him the next best thing or was expected to be in the Hall of Fame after 15 years.

That's a good, diplomatic answer :)

I agree, it probably would have been the wrong call because Eli did escape but he was stopped for a full second or two before he made it out

and how he, of all QBs, was able to escape, I have no idea. That entire drive was surreal.

You know I wouldn't say Petitgout should be considered overrated.

He was an alright tackle while he was here, nothing more, nothing less. Sure as a first round pick you might expect more but he was on the team for seven years and was better then really anything we had on the team at the time. He was more of a bust, who should be been taken in the fifth round instead of the first.

It's not like anyone was calling him the next best thing or was expected to be in the Hall of Fame after 15 years.

I thought he was okay until he had back trouble and couldn't get out of his stance. Thats when the false starts began.

and how he, of all QBs, was able to escape, I have no idea. That entire drive was surreal.

Surreal indeed. I remember I just stood in one spot.. arms crossed. Never made a move or looked away from the TV... I was just superstitious. My wife never said a word to me... she just knew to stay away and let me be... and then when it happened.. and game was over.. I didn't jump up and down... I didn't even let out a sigh... my phone started ringing like crazy and my friends (who know me as the #1 fan for the Giants) asked me to come down to Brooklyn to celebrate... I got there.. and no emotion was showing.. I was just emotionally drained.. and what a relief it was.

Morrison is one of my all time favorites...but he isn't underrated...they retired is number.

Sehorn was not over rated...he could ball..and was pretty good even after he got hurt....but he's more of a "what could have have been with two good wheels' sort of deal'.

C. Wgaon

Morrison is one of my all time favorites...but he isn't underrated...they retired is number.

Sehorn was not over rated...he could ball..and was pretty good even after he got hurt....but he's more of a "what could have have been with two good wheels' sort of deal'.

C. Wgaon

Sehorn was my man crush......... His wife gave me set dreams.

But I agree with you guys that there is a difference between overrated and a bust.

I might get kill for this but I think tiki was a bit underrated. Dude put up numbers year after year. Then you have Jeremy shocky who get front page coverage for doing stupid shit like: rather gain an extra three yards. He go and hit a safety because they exchanged a few words during the week. Was this against the colts??

C. Wgaon

Good point, he had a couple solid seasons after that injured year, just not up to par with his previous performances.

Sehorn was my man crush......... His wife gave me set dreams.

But I agree with you guys that there is a difference between overrated and a bust.

I might get kill for this but I think tiki was a bit underrated. Dude put up numbers year after year. Then you have Jeremy shocky who get front page coverage for doing stupid shit like: rather gain an extra three yards. He go and hit a safety because they exchanged a few words during the week. Was this against the colts??

Shockey was the prototypical 1 step forward, 2 steps back tight end....he'd have a huge play and get trash talking and get a personal foul for taunting or spiking the ball or something stupid. A guy that could have benefited from staying away from Miami during the offseason and joining his team...but he never did.

it was one thing when shockey was an immature rookie, but he never grew up. what a waste he turned out to be

Yep. I think it was a play in the preseason where he ran over a safety or something... Great talent that went to waste cause the dude was an idiot.