SportsWrath

Tiki Barber calls Warren Sapp an 'idiot’ for attacking Michael Strahan

Nas

Tiki Barber calls Warren Sapp an 'idiot’ for attacking Michael Strahan

Warren Sapp has made it clear on multiple occasions that he doesn't think highly of ex-Giants pass-rusher Michael Strahan. And that's partly why, apparently, Tiki Barber doesn't think the world of Warren Sapp.

The one-time Giants tailback made that clear on Monday at the Big Daddy Celebrity Golf Classic at Oheka Castle in Huntington, telling reporters that Sapp is "an idiot."

"Warren's an idiot," Barber said, according to reports. "He just wants to say things to be idiotic. I played with Stray for my whole career. He is the greatest of the great. He is a great teammate, he kept things light, but on game day he was as serious as a heart attack and it showed in his play."

Barber was speaking about comments Sapp made just last week, when former Bucs defensive tackle suggested that ex-Bucs defensive end Simeon Rice was a better player than Strahan.

"Nobody ever talks about Simeon," Sapp told the Tampa Tribune. "Simeon was a better rusher than Michael Strahan any day of the week and twice on Sunday."

Strahan, who retired in 2007, finished his career with 141.5 sacks, fifth all-time. Rice ended his career with 122 career sacks. But according to Sapp, Strahan's numbers are skewed because he rushed from the right side, rarely matching up against opposing left tackles, typically the finest pass blockers on most teams.

But to Barber, Sapp doesn't know what he's talking about.

"Warren doesn't know, never played with him (Strahan)," Barber said. "I don't put any credence in his opinion . . . I hope Stray doesn't let it bother him. I don't think it does."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/tiki-calls-sapp-idiot-attacking-strahan-article-1.1381435#ixzz2XEMy6J00

Warren Sapp is a great example of how you can be a marginal player, but have a big mouth, make "controversies," and generally be a jerk and parlay that into a job once you're done playing football... not to mention a first-ballot Hall of Fame berth.

He was a dominant player for about four years. I don't know how that gets you into the HOF first-ballot.

Rice never played the run as well as Strahan, either. Rice was a great pass rusher, and you can make a fair argument that he was a better pass rusher than Strahan in terms of consistency during his career. But he was not a complete DE like Strahan. You could run at Rice, you didn't do that with Strahan.

" he doesn't think highly of ex-Giants pass-rusher Michael Strahan"

RETIRED Giant. He's not an ex-Giant if he was a Giant his entire career.

questionable

Sapp was a force. But He should of shut his mouth.

Tiki should of said " sapp was such a force it makes Rice job so much easier. "

Done!

"should have

or should've"

Warren Sapp is a great example of how you can be a marginal player, but have a big mouth, make "controversies," and generally be a jerk and parlay that into a job once you're done playing football... not to mention a first-ballot Hall of Fame berth.

He was a dominant player for about four years. I don't know how that gets you into the HOF first-ballot.

I don't know who you are referring too but Sapp basically made the three technique and is the standard that many others like Suh will be held too.

Sapp was a beast and he did it will being constantly double if not triple teamed, he is arguably one of the best DTs to play the game.

He's just an absolute cock sucker off the field.

questionable

"should have

or should've"

Former Giant, then. Ahmad Bradshaw is an ex-Giant. If your wife dies and you were married the entire time, she's not your ex-Wife.

Rice never played the run as well as Strahan, either. Rice was a great pass rusher, and you can make a fair argument that he was a better pass rusher than Strahan in terms of consistency during his career. But he was not a complete DE like Strahan. You could run at Rice, you didn't do that with Strahan.

Agreed. Strahan was great against the run.

In terms of being a balanced defensive end, the only guy I saw that was better was Reggie White.

Strahan is clearly the better all-round DE. The argument that Rice was a better rusher because he came from the left is bogus too, as the RDE doesn't necessarily rush the passer as often as the LDE (and the was all Rice did).

Strahan is clearly the better all-round DE. The argument that Rice was a better rusher because he came from the left is bogus too, as the RDE doesn't necessarily rush the passer as often as the LDE (and the was all Rice did).

the other thing is that the penultimate guy is proclaimed and acclaimed...no one needs to point him out as the best. Sapp is one jealous formerly talented (in terms of football) fuck. He is still butt hurt that the Giants did not offer him a contract when he was more or less washed up and was looking for a final big contract. Fuck him. And as Kudos to Rice...its not him talking this bullshit.

the other thing is that the penultimate guy is proclaimed and acclaimed...no one needs to point him out as the best. Sapp is one jealous formerly talented (in terms of football) fuck. He is still butt hurt that the Giants did not offer him a contract when he was more or less washed up and was looking for a final big contract. Fuck him. And as Kudos to Rice...its not him talking this bullshit.

Ayup, this has shit to do with Rice and everything to do with Sapp the jealous fat fuck and our Michael Strahan... the GREAT football player who more than earned his strips.