SportsWrath

Tiki Barber: Why don't people like me, Ronde?

Herc

Hence my moniker of Me Me Barber...frankly Tiki is pretty clueless...and his brother is not that naive. We can see the brotherly love there...what is he supposed to say publicly...my brother shat the bed and smothered the Golden Goose with his clueless egoism...? And the difference between him and LT is that though off the field LT is clearly an addict as well as a convicted felon...however he has only expressed love for the Giants and the fans who supported him. Awful hard to hate a guy who helped to bring in two Supes...while never publicly bashing his team, the organization nor the fans. There are some things better left unsaid. Like when you break up with a girl...even if she was a bitch...what good is it to declaim it across a FaceBook page? Just move on.

Nah, I think his brother is just as smug... blaming "New Yorkers" is not the way to go... he could've been more diplomatic about his answer...

Nah, I think his brother is just as smug... blaming "New Yorkers" is not the way to go... he could've been more diplomatic about his answer...

Nas man...its his brother...anything less and Me Me would be calling him a traitor...that's one reason why the testimony of family and friends is always suspect...you have a huge vested interest...

Nas man...its his brother...anything less and Me Me would be calling him a traitor...that's one reason why the testimony of family and friends is always suspect...you have a huge vested interest...

I would have said something like "I think some of the things you said might've been taken the wrong way by a passionate fan base. I'm sure you didn't mean ill by them but it's unfortunate. I don't think it's ever too late to make up"

hey but I guess that's why they call me Suave :cool:

the way he went about retiring and calling out strahan for holding out are the things that bug me.

i don't care about him criticizing eli or coughlin, he was being paid to give an opinion and he gave one.

dude really strikes me as a phony. i think it's ironic that strahan has tiki's dream job

the way he went about retiring and calling out strahan for holding out are the things that bug me.

i don't care about him criticizing eli or coughlin, he was being paid to give an opinion and he gave one.

dude really strikes me as a phony. i think it's ironic that strahan has tiki's dream job

Strahan is a natural.. an all around great guy too.

Tiki has done some great off the field things that have gone unnoticed. He's a flawed individual, but he's not an evil person. I'll save my righteous indignation for fuckers like that Castro guy in Cleveland.

That's why I haven't seen any of us saying we hate him... we just don't like him.... at least I don't care for him.

This^

Rhonde is a douche too, nobody outside of Tampa really likes him either.

That's kind of what I was thinking, too. Awesome cornerback, douchy person, just like Tiki, is what I thought. Nobody that spends that much money bleaching their teeth is a down-to-earth person.

To me, Kelly always looks wasted....like she just finished gulping the Big Blue Kool Aid thru Mikey's straw.

Very good running back, lousy person. Who tried to be a tv personality, which he undercut by his actions.

Everything he did after his Giants career (and you could argue since the last year of that career) showed a complete disregard of the people around him. Not really something you want to do while in a spotlight.

Very well-put.

He played his ass off, but shot his mouth off too.

If he had just taken the high road, he would have actually garnered more support from Giants fans, because they would have felt bad about him not winning a championship.....basically, he could have been the Giants version of Don Mattingly.

True, but as a sports star, I can think of a whole lot worse cases than Tiki. Lawrence Taylor is one, I guess he's not going around asking why people dislike his behavior, though. I just think as a Giant and a guy I grew up watching, I prefer to judge him by his deeds on the football field rather than the last couple years of his career and his personal life. He was the sole offensive threat on a lot of those Giants teams.

But the question is why people don't like him...and the fact is, you don't get the football player Tiki without the asshole Tiki. It's the same person. Yeah, LT did a lot of shitty things in his life, but I'd bet if you asked him, he wouldn't expect everyone to kiss his ass given the way he's lived his life. I can say that I appreciated Tiki's football accomplishments, one such being carrying the offense for a number of years, but in my book, his assholishness overtook his play on the field the very second he started criticizing his coaches and teammates and now, when he's questioning why any of that should be held against him.

But the question is why people don't like him...and the fact is, you don't get the football player Tiki without the asshole Tiki. It's the same person. Yeah, LT did a lot of shitty things in his life, but I'd bet if you asked him, he wouldn't expect everyone to kiss his ass given the way he's lived his life. I can say that I appreciated Tiki's football accomplishments, one such being carrying the offense for a number of years, but in my book, his assholishness overtook his play on the field the very second he started criticizing his coaches and teammates and now, when he's questioning why any of that should be held against him.

Agreed.

LT had his issues, but he stay out of other peoples shit.

Agreed.

LT had his issues, but he stay out of other peoples shit.

Tiki is like the kid who is always asking for "do overs"...listen man life is filled with decisions...most of us have to live with ours...I see no reason why Me Me should not have to live with his. Me Me makes me want to cry him a river... :cwy: :cry: :jerkoff: