SportsWrath

Possible Cruz News

Lughead

I'm not surprised by this at all. I've stated before my belief that the Giants offer is between 7 and 8 Million per year... Why Cruz hasn't accepted to this point is beyond me... There is a price point once you reach, an additional 1 or 2 million shouldn't really matter given everything else... as in.. being in NY... loved and adored by the fans... chemistry with the guy throwing you the ball... etc.

I stopped stressing Cruz a while back believing he will be a Giant for a very long time... and I expect Nicks to re-up with us THIS offseason as well. The trio of Nicks, Randle, and Cruz... in addition to the latest TE signing from the Raiders (which I happened to believe will be VERY GOOD for us.. as in better than Bennett) will be lethal. Our OL is very solid with Beatty signed and Snee healthy again... I expect the light to be further solidified and our O with Wilson playing full time will be one of the best in the league.. no question...

Just heard the offer was 4 years 30 mil and 15 guaranteed

That's in line with what I thought he was worth and what the Giants offered him. He'd be stupid not to accept... I like Cruz a lot.. time for him to man up and sign the fucking contract. Nicks is next... before this season starts...

I'm sure Cruz wants to be paid near the top of all WR's in the NFL. He likely wants at least $9 million per season. But if he doesn't take this offer then he better have a healthy, AND productive 2013 season because if he doesn't, he might be lucky to get a deal this lucrative as a UFA. To me, I'm not even sure that I make him this offer right now. Let him play at his tender, and then let him compete on the open market. I don't think he'd see much more than what the Giants are offering right now next year. I'm much more concerned about Nicks. I don't get the panic over the possibility that he'd play for someone else. Get the Nicks deal done and make sure you have money for JPP, because that is going to be a tough one.

I've thought too, that the Giants could let Cruz play at the tendered value, and use him as the 3rd WR this season, in the slot, while Randle steps in opposite of Nicks. Using Cruz less would decrease his value next offseason, when we could then franchise him and get a deal done. Seems a shady way of doing business, but I wouldn't put it past the Giants or any other NFL team for that matter.

I'm sure Cruz wants to be paid near the top of all WR's in the NFL. He likely wants at least $9 million per season. But if he doesn't take this offer then he better have a healthy, AND productive 2013 season because if he doesn't, he might be lucky to get a deal this lucrative as a UFA. To me, I'm not even sure that I make him this offer right now. Let him play at his tender, and then let him compete on the open market. I don't think he'd see much more than what the Giants are offering right now next year. I'm much more concerned about Nicks. I don't get the panic over the possibility that he'd play for someone else. Get the Nicks deal done and make sure you have money for JPP, because that is going to be a tough one.

I still believe a Nicks deal will be done this offseason. And what the Giants offered Cruz is very adequate... of course there's always the raiders... so Good luck.

And I agree with Gmen in the sense that Eli controls what Cruz gets.. he can easily not make him a priority and given we have Nicks, Randle.. AND Myers (Which I think will be very good), it's not far fetched.

Dear Cruz,

Please see Steve Smith and Kevin Boss.

I've always pegged Cruz as a humble type player not a ME ME player. He is offered more money then Welkee and Almandoea(sp) . Also him seeing his team mates willing to restructure to keep him on the team has to play in here some where. I think they may be going over the wording of the contract is why there is a hold up in signing.

im not saying this in the pejorative but i i don't see cruz as the anti-me me me guy. he likes the spotlight and he's very focused on making himself marketable. hakeem nicks on the other hand doesn't care if nobody knows his name which is kind of to his detriment but some people like being low key

im not saying this in the pejorative but i i don't see cruz as the anti-me me me guy. he likes the spotlight and he's very focused on making himself marketable. hakeem nicks on the other hand doesn't care if nobody knows his name which is kind of to his detriment but some people like being low key

He's a young man with great athletic abilities and a bright future. Him making the most of it doesn't make him and anti-me guy... I think he's been listening to voices around him (i.e. his former agent) who planted in his head that he's worth 10+ Mil a year. I will be shocked if Cruz isn't signed over the next few days....

Cruz view is one effected by the fact he was undrafted. He's in carpe-diem mindset. Nicks will get his money elsewhere if not with the Giants. And he already signed a 1st round pick contract....

Picture Cruze if he had landed in Cincinatti or just about anywhere other then NYC on the Superbowl champion team... that stupid Salsa Dance would have gone no where... no Chunky soup ads that is sure!

He has to play the contract game... but going anywhere but NYC is foolish for him, especially in terms of celebrity. I guess he could always go to the Jets and have AssFumble or Godboy as his QB

Picture Cruze if he had landed in Cincinatti or just about anywhere other then NYC on the Superbowl champion team... that stupid Salsa Dance would have gone no where... no Chunky soup ads that is sure!

He has to play the contract game... but going anywhere but NYC is foolish for him, especially in terms of celebrity. I guess he could always go to the Jets and have AssFumble or Godboy as his QB

:LMAO: @ assfumble

I agree...and its not anti-Cruz...he caught lightning in the bottle...made the most of his opportunities...tied in a TD celebration that doesn't come across as showboating because its in honor to his grandma...has the endorsements flowing in...so now he is a little content...blown up just a little bit. He seems like the kind of guy used to the crumbs now he is at the main table near to or next to the Prince...Condon unlike his previous agent is probably whispering in his year like the slave whispers in a Roman emperors ear as he ascends to the throne riding in the imperial chariot "Caesar...you are but mortal and like any other man...all of your works and your life will soon pass away..." ;)

Cruz view is one effected by the fact he was undrafted. He's in carpe-diem mindset. Nicks will get his money elsewhere if not with the Giants. And he already signed a 1st round pick contract....

True as I responded to Herc, he has a winning hand but not a beat all comers hand. So he has to play this more skillfully than he was able to under the previous agent. I doubt Condon would have let things even had the slightest hint of yen for money above all things. Cruz has the lightning or genie in the bottle might be more apt...and he has to be careful with his remaining wish. :D :

I agree...and its not anti-Cruz...he caught lightning in the bottle...made the most of his opportunities...tied in a TD celebration that doesn't come across as showboating because its in honor to his grandma...has the endorsements flowing in...so now he is a little content...blown up just a little bit. He seems like the kind of guy used to the crumbs now he is at the main table near to or next to the Prince...Condon unlike his previous agent is probably whispering in his year like the slave whispers in a Roman emperors ear as he ascends to the throne riding in the imperial chariot "Caesar...you are but mortal and like any other man...all of your works and your life will soon pass away..." ;)

Yeah, it pretty much comes across as showboating to everyone BUT Cruz...!

Love the Julius Caesar quote, I'm stealing it

Yeah, it pretty much comes across as showboating to everyone BUT Cruz...!

Love the Julius Caesar quote, I'm stealing it

Feel free man...and its for any Roman emperor...it was supposed to keep things in perspective ...all things pass away...especially the wants, desires and works of man.