SportsWrath

Josh Brown, kicker

gmenroc

I honestly highly doubt Lawrence Tynes is picked up by another team to start the season. He will probably end up either replacing a struggling kicker mid-season or replacing one who got injured. No one in the NFL wants a kicker who simply cannot hit from outside of 45 and with the new kickoff location, one who STILL can't make it into the end zone when spotted 5 yards (aside from the NYG, who inexplicably kept him for like 5 years too long).

I honestly highly doubt Lawrence Tynes is picked up by another team to start the season. He will probably end up either replacing a struggling kicker mid-season or replacing one who got injured. No one in the NFL wants a kicker who simply cannot hit from outside of 45 and with the new kickoff location, one who STILL can't make it into the end zone when spotted 5 yards.

Yes....could definitely see him as a replacement due to injury or if another kicker hits a major slump.

Yes....could definitely see him as a replacement due to injury or if another kicker hits a major slump.

There's simply too many young guys out there. When you have a guy like Greg Zuerline (sp?) who can hit from 55 in his sleep....a guy like Lawrence Tynes just is not NFL caliber.

Regardless, I still think he's on a team to start the year.

For that special NFL team that feels that 40 yard field goal range and poor leg strength on kickoffs are adequate for kickers.....

Yes, Tynes could be frustrating at times. No, he's not Morten Anderson or Adam Vinatieri, but he kicked the Giants into 2 Superbowls, has 2 rings to show for it, and will go down in the Giants history books as one of the best ever.

More importantly, we here at Sportswrath will mourn the loss of that great poster, To The 9ynes. Sad, sad day.

Maybe Out On The Brown, or someone will show up.

You know, thinking back, I don't think 9ynes even posted this season. I think I'd remember one of his 'it's good/I'm good' chants. Ah well, maybe you're right, someone will show up.

You know, thinking back, I don't think 9ynes even posted this season. I think I'd remember one of his 'it's good/I'm good' chants. Ah well, maybe you're right, someone will show up.

yeah he did

\

Jay Feeley.

Fuck that guy. I'm still pissed about that goddamn Seattle game from like ten years ago. What a choke artist.

lol, yeah,, good point. I'd take Tynes over Feely

Lauren Silberman ?

That had to be a publicity stunt.

But a long those lines, Greg Zuerline was discovered at one of those regional combines. Somewhere out there in a dank, dirty, windowless basement, is a a dude who can boot a 60 yard field goal with his eyes closed and a guy like Lawrence Tynes makes millions and can barely boot it 45 yards. 50 yards? Forget about it, he tries so hard to kick it that far that it has no accuracy. It's mind-boggling to me the Giants kept a kicker who so obviously does not have NFL-caliber kicking power for so damn long.

That Lauren chick just went there to get the word out about her company. Brilliant idea, but simply trying to get attention, like most women. Still, her kicks might have distance over Lawrence's, I'm not sure.