SportsWrath

Aaron Ross cut by Jax

osi724dasack

For depth sure, but a healthy 100% T2 is out of Ross's league.

This is true, but we may never see a healthy 100% T2 again.

Ross was pivotal in both SB wins, I'd give him another look, even though he's old.

For depth sure, but a healthy 100% T2 is out of Ross's league.

No doubt a healthy T2 in his prime was better than Ross in his. But a healthy T2, as he was emerging, may not exist anymore....and likely won't ever again. Today, given the past few years experience for both players, I'd take Ross going into next season if given the choice between these two.

Agreed with both of you.

I'm not saying we should rely on T2.

Ross is indeed good depth. Anything we can get out of T2 is just gravy.

However we should spend anything over the vet min for Ross. Plus Will Hill now rocks #31

I must be the only one who remembers TT getting burnt repeatedly, back when he could still walk. Ross played well (4 Ints) when he took over TT's spot. He's not perfect but neither is any other CB in the league.

I remember too Tree...don't know where all of this T2 love comes from...Ross was a serviceable replacement and at vet minimum would be good to pick up.

I guess I'm the only who thinks Ross is a step above CC Brown. And I don't know where T2 isn't that good came from.. he was solid.. not a superstar but solid nonetheless. Ross flat out sucks... yea he had a few games when he played well but most of the time he seem like he has no fucking clue where the ball is.

I remember a lot of tackles after the guy he was covering made the catch. Not so much "playmaking".

Stuffing the run, forcing fumbles getting tough skillful INTs, and playing great press coverage is stuff T2 was doing at a very very high level pre 2011

Stuffing the run, forcing fumbles getting tough skillful INTs, and playing great press coverage is stuff T2 was doing at a very very high level pre 2011

He played well up on the line, sure, but not so great covering the deep plays.

He played well up on the line, sure, but not so great covering the deep plays.

I agree that he lacks top end speed which leaves him susceptible to deep plays. But when you have good safety's it's not a big issue. In 2010 he played great having Rolle and KP back there.

Aaron Ross is definitely more than a step up from CC Brown. CC Brown was a step up from nobody on the field.

I definitely think he is worth taking a look at after the draft. Absolutely better than having a rookie on the field during the regular season.

Remembering when the Giants drafted him I thought he was too old but even so he stepped up when Webster was still figuring out who he was. Ross took a step back a season later and I think lost something after his injury.

never go back is my motto ........this team needs to move forward ........there is a rookie out there with more potential than a tired Ross

Like I said and I know Tempest diasgrees.. I can't stand Ross... many times the ball was already in the air and he didn't have a fucking clue... it was maddening... We have some pretty solid CBs already on the roster with me expecting Webby to come back to form.. and Prince.. and I really want us to sign Woodson.

P.S. I don't know what's up with Revis and the Jets... I thought he was signed for years but it seems there's a lot of drama there.. expensive or not, I'd at least take a shot at him if he's to leave the Jets... the satisfaction of solidifying our backfield while sticking it to the Jets is very appealing (I drank some weird tasting Orange Soda last night... blame it on that please) :D