SportsWrath

NFL Free Agency ...

TrashTalker92

Beatty better than Jake long???? Wow. As for injury. I think both have been on the sideline just as much.

Beatty started 15 out of 16 games last year, Long played in 12, and commits a sht load of penalties is a poor run blocker and wasn't great pass blocking the past two years. Long has finished the season on IR, two years in row, Beatty really had major injuries in 2010, he hasn't been injured, has much has people think. Long has torn his Labrum and Biceps and has already had surgeries on both knees

Beatty started 15 out of 16 games last year, Long played in 12, and commits a sht load of penalties is a poor run blocker and wasn't great pass blocking the past two years. Long has finished the season on IR, two years in row, Beatty really had major injuries in 2010, he hasn't been injured, has much has people think. Long has torn his Labrum and Biceps and has already had surgeries on both knees

Jake long has been to 4 pro bowls in the last 5 or so years. Dude is a stud Linemen, great left tackle. I don't know where you get the "shit load of penalty " from. The guy been playing for crappy QBs one after another and yet he still kept them up right.

Injury is there but he is still young at 27 and I believe he'll bounce back from it. He's one of the top LT in the game today along with joe Thomas.

We could only wish to land a guy like him. Beatty is no where near pro bowl from what he has done with his time in the league. Yes he been injured and learning since being drafted but Jake Long was voted to the pro bowl during his first two season.

why are the dolphins letting him go for nothing then? it's a 27 year old 4 time pro bowl left tackle that they've already invested the first overall pick in.

it all come down to money... Jake Long wants 11million per year and Miami don't wanna pay that kind of money. so they letting him taste the water.

it all come down to money... Jake Long wants 11million per year and Miami don't wanna pay that kind of money. so they letting him taste the water.

so why not franchise him? that tells me that they don't think he is worth top 5 money for even one year

Jake long has been to 4 pro bowls in the last 5 or so years. Dude is a stud Linemen, great left tackle. I don't know where you get the "shit load of penalty " from. The guy been playing for crappy QBs one after another and yet he still kept them up right.

Injury is there but he is still young at 27 and I believe he'll bounce back from it. He's one of the top LT in the game today along with joe Thomas.

We could only wish to land a guy like him. Beatty is no where near pro bowl from what he has done with his time in the league. Yes he been injured and learning since being drafted but Jake Long was voted to the pro bowl during his first two season.

If there was no salary cap then fine. But we don't need Jake Long, and you don't pay $10+ million for a player you don't need. We need a solid, tough, RT. Keep in mind you just paid Beatty on average $7+ million a year to play LT, a good signing for a good player. You're not going to pay a street FA to play RT for more than that. Maybe you go for a Jeremy Trueblood for $4.5 million per year or maybe you target a guy like DJ Fluker in the draft, who can start right away at RT. And we really don't know much about how the organization feels about Brewer's development, if he can step in at RT. So whatever they do or don't do in free agency at RT will be telling as far as just how they feel about Brewer, in particular. He's still around, so that's something.

If there was no salary cap then fine. But we don't need Jake Long, and you don't pay $10+ million for a player you don't need. We need a solid, tough, RT. Keep in mind you just paid Beatty on average $7+ million a year to play LT, a good signing for a good player. You're not going to pay a street FA to play RT for more than that. Maybe you go for a Jeremy Trueblood for $4.5 million per year or maybe you target a guy like DJ Fluker in the draft, who can start right away at RT. And we really don't know much about how the organization feels about Brewer's development, if he can step in at RT. So whatever they do or don't do in free agency at RT will be telling as far as just how they feel about Brewer, in particular. He's still around, so that's something.

Great point.. like i said before it would be a dream to sign Jake Long but i know it won't be possible as we just sign Beatty and don't have room for another huge signing.. i'm just trying to point out that Jake Long is a top player and Miami could let him go because they can't pay the money he's asking.. same thing with Mario WIlliams that went to the Bills..

For the rest of FA, I can see Reese signing an OL, TE and LB. Whether that includes Boothe and/or Bennett remains to be seen. With Jenkins signed, these three positions have the most holes. We definitely can't go nuts and spend huge sums of money.

I'd prefer to see a couple FA LBers if possible; Lord knows Reese can't draft LBs for some reason (Wilkinson, Sintim, Dillard, Jones, etc)

Something tells me we are about to lose Boothe, you have to wonder how his agent is feeling seeing as we already paid out for Jenkins who was cut. I know what will be said, 2 different positions, but money is money and they might feel they should have taken care of their own first.