SportsWrath

Now that the game is over I can say this

Sephiroth

Harbaugh most certainly got out-coached, that was for sure. Some of the calls that team made today were mind-boggling. The 4th and 15 was retarded....and then to have a QB who simply dumps it off in the flat any time he is uncomfortable, how you pass up a chance to pin the Giants inside the 10 with that defense was baffling.

Very satisfying win. I thought the 49ers were poised to make a big statement today, but I bet a little green on the Giants and was rewarded. It was the Giants that made the statement, a definitive one.

This team wasn't even on all cylinders and they beat a very good team across the country in their house. Ahmad Bradshaw proved once again what a tough, frustrating RB he is for opponents to deal with. And Eli was cool, didn't throw a perfect game, but took what he could and the defense made sure it would be enough.

Everybody on defense gets an attaboy after this one. Amukamara, as Pdouble at one time predicted he could be at some point this year, is showing he very well may be our best corner.

And we need to give some recognition to Will Beatty, who helped make Justin Smith pretty much a non-factor in this game. Beatty is putting together a Pro Bowl worthy season and not many are noticing just yet... but he is so good right now, he can be a game changer on how we operate as an offense going the rest of the way and into the playoffs (hopefully). Awesome game today.

Very satisfying win. I thought the 49ers were poised to make a big statement today, but I bet a little green on the Giants and was rewarded. It was the Giants that made the statement, a definitive one.

This team wasn't even on all cylinders and they beat a very good team across the country in their house. Ahmad Bradshaw proved once again what a tough, frustrating RB he is for opponents to deal with. And Eli was cool, didn't throw a perfect game, but took what he could and the defense made sure it would be enough.

Everybody on defense gets an attaboy after this one. Amukamara, as Pdouble at one time predicted he could be at some point this year, is showing he very well may be our best corner.

And we need to give some recognition to Will Beatty, who helped make Justin Smith pretty much a non-factor in this game. Beatty is putting together a Pro Bowl worthy season and not many are noticing just yet... but he is so good right now, he can be a game changer on how we operate as an offense going the rest of the way and into the playoffs (hopefully). Awesome game today.

Nice mention of Beatty. Funny, our running game and pass protection improved last year when Beatty was in and regressed when he fucked his eye up....we're seeing the same thing this year--I hope Coughlin doesn't mess with a good thing and leaves Diehl on the bench 1. to fully heal and 2. as quality depth, not as a starter. Locklear is quietly having a great season, too...I think he let his assignment blow up one play that was pretty glaring, other than that, when you're not hearing your tackle's names, that's a great day by the offensive line. Factor in nearly 150 yards on the ground and it's an excellent day---not many teams are going to beat you when you give up zero sacks and rush for 150 yards.

David Wilson needs some 1st half and 3rd quarter touches, though. Mix him in there because he is explosive and is seeing the field, really, really well right now. Don't just get him reps when the game is in the bag....

Gilly called a wicked game today. Loved that he stuck to the run even when it was producing nothing and loved the little things they did to help buy Eli time. Sometimes, you gotta hand it to the man.

-Z

Yeah, I have no complaints, even their red zone attempts, at least they stayed consistent and didn't make any stupid decisions, though the Carlos Rogers dropped pick could have been disastrous, I liked that they kept putting up points, but we need to get into the end zone on at least one of those inside the 10 drives....

Would have definitely liked to see more on 3rd down from the team, especially in the red zone but it seemed the Giants came in with the goal not to turn the ball over getting overly aggressive.

Yeah, I have no complaints, even their red zone attempts, at least they stayed consistent and didn't make any stupid decisions, though the Carlos Rogers dropped pick could have been disastrous, I liked that they kept putting up points, but we need to get into the end zone on at least one of those inside the 10 drives....

Would have definitely liked to see more on 3rd down from the team, especially in the red zone but it seemed the Giants came in with the goal not to turn the ball over getting overly aggressive.

Buried in all the goodness of this game was that Eli didn't have a real good second half. He was pretty erratic and just kinda off on his throws. I don't have the numbers but I'm positive his second half numbers were terrible.

-Z

Just did the breakdown myself

1st Half - 13/19 175 Yards 1 TD

2nd Half- 2/9 17 Yards (Couple of passes that were almost picks)

The only offense we produced in the second half was when we ran it down their throats on that one drive.

-Z

The only offense we produced in the second half was when we ran it down their throats on that one drive.

-Z

Which was definitely good because if we had dicked around with the ball like we did against the Browns instead of running clock, we might have screwed ourselves out of a win....

after the first 2 Series ....we just destroyed them in the trenches ......great play by both lines today

How bout Linval Joseph? The guy is quietly having an All-Pro season, IMO, but since he isn't flashy, he probably won't be recognized.

Kuhn stepped up big today, too, as the starter for the second week in a row. I believe we get Canty back really soon, possibly even this week....I saw a tweet from Travis Beckum saying he felt great and that his time on the PUP felt short so I'm assuming Canty is going to be good to go as well. We are getting guys back and healthy in the middle of the season, before the bye, this is great news because we have the toughest games of our schedule coming up....but we might not be fighting so hard for a playoff spot if everything alligns like I believe it should. I think the Cowboys are a mediocre team. I think the Redskins will sneak in as the runner up in the NFC East but I believe they will drop both games to us.

I really wish they would let Nicks sit another week, however.....he looked banged up still and I don't want him out there risking injury when we have Hixon playing very well and Rueben Randle and Ramses Barden not playing too bad themselves. Victor Cruz is on fire, picking up where he left off last season. He's proven he can handle being the number 1 receiver and having him all over the field really creates some nightmare matchups. Bennett, while having a quiet game offensively, was a huge reason we were able to run and protect Eli successfully....most of the hits Eli took were several seconds after he released the ball and IMO, at least one or two of them could have easily been called roughing...the Giants definitely frustrated the hell out of that team. We're in their heads.

I am impressed more than anything on the Offensive Line coming together and looking great for a change. I have great faith in the Giants as long as the OL is working up to snuff. Beatty looks like he's going to pan out to be an excellent LT.

Amukamara also had another very good game and seems to be getting the hang of NFL type receivers. He shined today and he's come a long way since game 1. He's starting to look like the player we had hoped for when we drafted him.

Stevie Brown impressed again as well. He hammered Joe Staley so hard it knocked him out of the game.

Another area that I saw that impressed me was that the Giants had only 2 penalties the entire game. That ought to make TC very happy.

after the first 2 Series ....we just destroyed them in the trenches ......great play by both lines today

100% agreed. Our Linemen went out to show the NFL what a quality team can do. Great game from both sides against possibly the best team in the league in their house.

I think the 49ers must have watched all the pre-game shows and thought it was going to be a cake walk win.... Donivan McNabb was laughing at the thought of the Giants winning this weekend. I would love to see that shit eater on TV today break down some game film and eat some crow.

Nice mention of Beatty. Funny, our running game and pass protection improved last year when Beatty was in and regressed when he fucked his eye up....we're seeing the same thing this year--I hope Coughlin doesn't mess with a good thing and leaves Diehl on the bench 1. to fully heal and 2. as quality depth, not as a starter. Locklear is quietly having a great season, too...I think he let his assignment blow up one play that was pretty glaring, other than that, when you're not hearing your tackle's names, that's a great day by the offensive line. Factor in nearly 150 yards on the ground and it's an excellent day---not many teams are going to beat you when you give up zero sacks and rush for 150 yards.

David Wilson needs some 1st half and 3rd quarter touches, though. Mix him in there because he is explosive and is seeing the field, really, really well right now. Don't just get him reps when the game is in the bag....

I fucking missed the kick return by Wilson and our 2nd TD.. was trying to catch the highlights but neither ESPN or NFLN showed the kick return... and you're on point here.. on everything.

I think the 49ers must have watched all the pre-game shows and thought it was going to be a cake walk win.... Donivan McNabb was laughing at the thought of the Giants winning this weekend. I would love to see that shit eater on TV today break down some game film and eat some crow.

Michael Strahan had his usual smirk before and after the game lol

I fucking missed the kick return by Wilson and our 2nd TD.. was trying to catch the highlights but neither ESPN or NFLN showed the kick return... and you're on point here.. on everything.

I missed it too as I switched over to the Yankee game to watch them suck. When I turned it back to the game, I said to myself, "good...the game's back on....how'd they get 7 extra points" and I was pissed that I missed it......especially considering that I missed it to watch the Yanks strike out on pitches 2 feet out of the strike zone. Man what a poor hitting team. Cano, A-Rod, Swish.....don't even take their bats off the shoulders when a pitch is right down the middle.....then flail like crazy when the ball bounces in front of the plate or is so far out of the strike zone they couldn't reach it with a 5 ft long bat.....but I digress.

Thanks for posting the runback Z

-Z

Geeez, you would think Gilbride would have been aware of the consecutive games over 200 yds record and not leave the poor guy 8 yds short when you are up by 20 points and just a few minutes on the clock

on the other hand........what was he doing in there at that point in the game........the guy is our most precious commodity.

I missed it too as I switched over to the Yankee game to watch them suck. When I turned it back to the game, I said to myself, "good...the game's back on....how'd they get 7 extra points" and I was pissed that I missed it......especially considering that I missed it to watch the Yanks strike out on pitches 2 feet out of the strike zone. Man what a poor hitting team. Cano, A-Rod, Swish.....don't even take their bats off the shoulders when a pitch is right down the middle.....then flail like crazy when the ball bounces in front of the plate or is so far out of the strike zone they couldn't reach it with a 5 ft long bat.....but I digress.

Thanks for posting the runback Z

Though I'm a Yankee fan I'm not a die-hard (let's face it.. it's baseball for God's sake).. same goes with the Knicks. I will watch but not when the Giants are on.

Though I'm a Yankee fan I'm not a die-hard (let's face it.. it's baseball for God's sake).. same goes with the Knicks. I will watch but not when the Giants are on.

It's hard for me to watch anything else when a Yankee game is on, but I do watch the Giants over the Yanks when they conflict. I switched over to baseball at halftime and would switch over during commercials to catch up with what's going on. But I'm with you - a Giants game takes priority. I might need to get a second TV!