SportsWrath

Tyler Sash is back - who do we cut?

BleedinBlue

I like Sash, but I can't think of anyone I want to see cut in order to make room for him on the roster.

If Sash is on the roster for tomorrow, the cut to make room must be in by today.

I don't want to see Hill cut, or Stevie Brown for that matter. What to do, what to do........ :confused:

What about cutting Jernigan and if we need a backup WR in the future, we pull up douglas??? Just kicking around an idea!

Ojomo to IR, is what I'm thinking.

If someone goes on IR, they're out for the whole season. I think Ojomo might be needed to take over Osi's spot if Osi doesn't get his shit together.

We don't want to put anyone on IR unless we are willing to lose them for the year.

If someone goes on IR, they're out for the whole season. I think Ojomo might be needed to take over Osi's spot if Osi doesn't get his shit together.

We don't want to put anyone on IR unless we are willing to lose them for the year.

Ojomo has been out all year so far with a lingering injury.

Who's to say that he actually comes back from it?

The only ones who would know are the Giants staff.

I'd like to see Kuhn cut because it's pretty obvious he just doesn't grasp the game yet....he overpursues, gets lost trying to get off his block and find the ball carrier....but he's serviceable as a backup at this point, I guess....because he's no worse than Osi in these respects. I was thinking maybe Adrien Robinson, but I was really high on him when we drafted him....but with the emergence of Bennett and Pascoe....both block pretty well and can get open, so I don't see the point in a 3rd TE at this point.

I'd like to see Kuhn cut because it's pretty obvious he just doesn't grasp the game yet....he overpursues, gets lost trying to get off his block and find the ball carrier....but he's serviceable as a backup at this point, I guess....because he's no worse than Osi in these respects. I was thinking maybe Adrien Robinson, but I was really high on him when we drafted him....but with the emergence of Bennett and Pascoe....both block pretty well and can get open, so I don't see the point in a 3rd TE at this point.

We have surpluses in two areas: LB's and WR's......certainly not on the inside of the D-Line.

This is a dilemna.

I also wonder if Sash is in shape and ready to pull his weight at the level needed.

My bet is that Stevie Smith gets cut today.....and that's a damn shame cuz he's earned a spot on the team.

We have surpluses in two areas: LB's and WR's......certainly not on the inside of the D-Line.

This is a dilemna.

I also wonder if Sash is in shape and ready to pull his weight at the level needed.

My bet is that Stevie Smith gets cut today.....and that's a damn shame cuz he's earned a spot on the team.

Yeah, but wouldn't Stevie Brown (you're mixing him and the old Steve Smith WR up, hehe) be Sash's backup supposing Phillips isn't back in the next few weeks? But I agree, DT isn't a position of depth at all but Kuhn is practice squad material.

LOL........yeah, the are going to cut Stevie Brown, the starting saftey

In Philadelphia, Brown was second on the team with seven tackles (six solo), including two for losses.

That makes a world of sense :ermm:

Sooooo Jack.....who should they cut?

Personally, I think Jernigan is a waste of space and I believe Douglas sitting on the practice squad is a better up and coming WR.

Regardless.....the Giants didn't cut anyone by 4:00 (the deadline), so Sash isn't activated and can't play tomorrow. According to Garaflo, "The Giants have until Monday, when their week-long roster exemption expires, to add Sash to the roster"

Probably a smart move as it's always possible (even likely) that someone gets hurt in tomorrow's game and will end up on season ending IR anyway making a cut choice unnecessary or an easy pick. Makes me wonder if anyone would jump on Sash if he was a street free agent.

I can almost guarantee you someone gets hurt tomorrow

I'd cut

Tryon...........he will easily pass the waiver wire to make the practice squad.......I'm fearfull they will cut Ojomo- that would be a disaster move

Do you have to cut someone.......can you not move someone to IR?......not sure on the rules

I can almost guarantee you someone gets hurt tomorrow

I'd cut

Tryon...........he will easily pass the waiver wire to make the practice squad.......I'm fearfull they will cut Ojomo- that would be a disaster move

Do you have to cut someone.......can you not move someone to IR?......not sure on the rules

1) you can't put a guy on the practice squad who has played in 6 games (I think that's the number) in the NFL. Tryon would have to be cut.

2) they have to either cut someone outright or move someone to season ending IR

3) with the defensive tackles depleted and Osi playing like a girl and will leave at the end of the season, I doubt Ojomo is going anywhere

Sash is already listed on the roster. We didn't cut him for the suspension, we were just playing with 52.

http://www.giants.com/team/roster.html

I went to the site and counted 54 players on the roster. I doubted myself so I trapped and copied the grid to MS-Excel and sure enough, there's 54 players on that roster.

I would say cut Chase Blackburn... But I don't want to get rid of our best pass-rusher,

Come on Nem, this is Chase Blackburn we're talking about. He has the best hands on the team! Ask Jack how strong they are!

Players on the suspended list don't count against the 53 man roster. On the Giants' site, they already put Sash on the active roster even though there's a roster exemption for him that expires... today. I wouldn't worry about it. Someone will be placed on IR to make room for Sash.

I don't think, with the recent rash of injuries both this year and last, to the CB position, that it will be Justin Tryon. BTW, been meaning to tell Osi that in the Tampa Bay game I did notice a big improvement from Tryon. Even on the TD he gave up to Mike Williams, I believe it was, he was in great position and very nearly broke that up. Sure, that was a TD for Bucs, but it wasn't a bad play by Tryon.

They aren't going to cut Stevie Brown. He's made too many plays for that to happen. I don't see anyone in the secondary going anywhere.

It's probably going to be Ojomo going to IR, and the other candidate is James Brewer, who has no business on a professional football field right now.

I understand Brewer going to IR leaves us pretty thin at tackle, but I do expect Diehl back next week, and we'll have 3 legit tackles that could play the left or right side (if you still believe Diehl is legit). Then you have Boothe, who, in an emergency, could slide to RT and Petrus could play his spot at LG. Remember, they would only need to get through a game should they lose 2 tackles in that game. Then, they would be bringing in somebody off the street should they need to, like Tony Ugoh last year.

But the favorite has to be Ojomo.

And don't forget in a couple of weeks you'll have Beckum and Canty coming off of PUP. Canty's return will surely mean the IR of Ojomo if it hasn't happened by then anyway. And if it has happened, look for the aforementioned Brewer, or perhaps Kuhn to IR. This is all assuming we don't have injuries between now and then that predicate a move by a player to IR.

Beckum will be no big deal, they'll move Adrien Robinson to IR. This is his redshirt season anyway.

However I do love the idea of cutting Jernigan, I just don't see it happening. I never was a fan of the Jernigan pick, and I remember, having a mild disagreement about him with bigblue25, I believe, at the time... who was a fan. I must say, though, bigblue25 is right about college players much more often than he is wrong, although not this time. Sorry, mang. Bigblue25 is the Mike Mayock of SW, though. I am merely but a humble Todd McShay. LOL.

BTW, the pick right after our Jernigan pick was Mason Foster by the Bucs. Foster was second on the team in tackles his rookie season with 84. He is their starter at MLB. He leads their team this year in tackles with 34 through 4 games (Bucs had their bye yesterday). The Bucs also run a 4-3 defense.

Eight picks after Jernigan the Falcons took Akeem Dent, who is their starting middle linebacker, who, to be fair, has been far less impactful than the aforementioned Foster.

And that's about as critical as I'm going to get about Reese and his staff on draft picks, who have done a phenomenal job shaping this roster overall, through the draft and otherwise. We have one of, if not the best, front offices in the NFL. Just look at teams like the Seahawks, Raiders, and Jaguars who can't seem to figure it out at all.

And yet he started over 2nd round pick Marvin Austin.

Hmm.....