SportsWrath

Rolle, Phillips, Nicks and Barden

RandolphScott

Had to figure on Barden with the concussion and Phillips on his knee. Nicks knee is the one...it has to be far worse than anyone really wanted to admit.

I'm going to go out on a limb here...maybe it's not that much of a limb...but if we don't beat Cleveland, and dominate in doing so...in other words, if this game is anywhere near close...I'll say 14 points...if we don't win by at least 14...we'll be in for a long season and miss the playoffs.

still no official diagnosis on nicks either other than "he banged his knee". i'd feel a bit better about this if we got something more than that

It's obviously a sprain at least, a partial tear at most or he'd be in surgery already.

Had to figure on Barden with the concussion and Phillips on his knee. Nicks knee is the one...it has to be far worse than anyone really wanted to admit.

I'm going to go out on a limb here...maybe it's not that much of a limb...but if we don't beat Cleveland, and dominate in doing so...in other words, if this game is anywhere near close...I'll say 14 points...if we don't win by at least 14...we'll be in for a long season and miss the playoffs.

You sure you're not overreacting just a bit? A win is a win. Take it from someone that knows. :laugh: At the end of the season, nobody tallies up the margin of points to determine playoff spots.

Rueben Randle dismisses Cris Collinsworth criticism

• By Dan Hanzus
  • Around the League Writer
  • Published: Oct. 4, 2012 at 07:58 a.m.
  • Updated: Oct. 4, 2012 at 01:32 p.m.

Rueben Randle isn't sure what Cris Collinsworth is talking about.

During NBC's broadcast of the New York Giants' 19-17 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles, Collinsworth said Randle's work ethic has "been questioned a bit with the Giants." He added the team is hoping the rookie wide receiver grows up and starts becoming more of a pro."

Randle, the Giants' second pick in April's NFL Draft, has just one catch for four yards this season, but he doesn't believe effort or maturity has anything to do with with lack of production.

"As a rookie you come in and you're going to struggle," Randle said Wednesday, via the New York Daily News. "My job here is just to continue to work hard, gain the trust of my teammates and the coaching staff and take advantage of the opportunities that they give me."

Giants coach Tom Coughlin said Randle is "working hard." He dismissed Collinsworth's criticism in a very Tom Coughlin way, "I'm not paying attention to someone else's opinion."

Randle could have an opportunity to change the narrative on Sunday. Ramses Barden was diagnosed with a concussion on Tuesday and Hakeem Nicks didn't practice Wednesday due to knee troubles. The Giants are going to need somebody to catch the ball against the Cleveland Browns.

Perhaps this is Randle's chance to tell Collinsworth to put a sock in it.

I thought that was an odd comment myself. I haven't heard any criticism of Randle.

You sure you're not overreacting just a bit? A win is a win. Take it from someone that knows. :laugh: At the end of the season, nobody tallies up the margin of points to determine playoff spots.

A win is a win, and I'll take it regardless. At the same time, a win or a loss can tell you a lot about the upcoming season. I had doubts after watching the Giants struggle in the opener...they weren't ready for the season to start. Then they struggled against Tampa Bay, a team they should've beaten handedly. They played to their potential against Carolina and dominated. At that point, it looked like they were finally ready to play this year. But, the follow that up with a well fought, but still disappointing game against the Eagles. So I'm not the fanatic...per se. I'm realistic.

I'll stand by my statement that if the Giants don't beat the Browns by at least 14, I don't see the Giants making the playoffs this year...whether we get healthy or not.

and Webster has a hammy. jesus h christ....... if the O doesn't put up 35+ a game, we won't win another game this season. I've been relatively calm and confident this year, but this is getting ludicrous. maybe the players need mandatory daily yoga or tai chi. The DOOMED!!! feeling I had at the beginning of last year is starting to come back in full force. if we lose to the Browns.... ugh....

A win is a win, and I'll take it regardless. At the same time, a win or a loss can tell you a lot about the upcoming season. I had doubts after watching the Giants struggle in the opener...they weren't ready for the season to start. Then they struggled against Tampa Bay, a team they should've beaten handedly. They played to their potential against Carolina and dominated. At that point, it looked like they were finally ready to play this year. But, the follow that up with a well fought, but still disappointing game against the Eagles. So I'm not the fanatic...per se. I'm realistic.

I'll stand by my statement that if the Giants don't beat the Browns by at least 14, I don't see the Giants making the playoffs this year...whether we get healthy or not.

I understand where you're coming from, but I also remember what the G-men looked like this time last year and that didn't turn out all that bad for ya now did it?

Your under estimating Cleveland. We will not win by more than 4 points.

Fire the strength and conditioning coaches. This team is always in horrible shape.

For real, man. It's getting to the point that I can't just shrug it off as coincidence anymore. The Giants literally seem to be THE most injured team in the league---at least as far as being devastated at entire positions all the way down the line. It's the secondary, linebackers, and receivers...always.

Yes because Phillips hyperextending his knee or Nicks getting stomped on by a 210 pound DB falling from 6 feet in the air is the training staffs fault.

Guys like Rivers are always hurt, Snee is old and not the same player. Boley will be fine.

Must be the training staffs fault that Rolle ran into cameramen. Or there fault that Barden got a concussion.

It's also there fault that Terrell Thomas had horrible surgery that wasn't properly done.

Fire those sons of bitches!!!