SportsWrath

Cam Newton - Postgame Conf

Iceman_NYG

Im sure you guys caught the Cam Newton Postgame Press conference -

WTF is up with this guy? Even last year he was yapping about how down he would get on himself and his teammates after a loss and then totally wish the earth would swallow them up. His eyes closed monologue and the rest of it was revolting. Dude - you lost. Its ok. You have to bring the team back-up instead of making a face and wailing like someone punched his puppy in the face! Whatsup with that whole Im so sad look throughout????

I dont get it. I mean - what was the point of doing a superman routine in the middle of the 3rd qtr when the Giants are up by more than their grandmother's ages and then go and put on that Im so sad and disappointed act in the press conference. The way he was speaking with his eyes closed looking like the fucking Buddha made me wanna punch his fucking teeth in.

He should be embarrassed for doing his whole "Superman" routine on their only score of the night.

Well let's see the guy is big and athletic and seem pretty insecure.. it's funny seeing him try to get into with Webster after a play was already over.. it was some wild cat formation where he lined up in the slot.

Speaking of Newton I don't think they are doing him any favours with that Option play bullshit. If the Option is so incredible, as the announcers like to think, then somebody needs to get Tebow as a starter now. I haven't watched a full Newton game until last night but it looked terrible. What is the advantage of delaying a play that long at the line? Ds are too fast in the NFL for that gimmick crap. The QB needs to make a decision like yesterday because a second delay is too much.

Well in the end it comes down to which team has more talent, and who wants it more

Apparently we were the team on both counts.

Look these guys were 6-10 last year in a weak division........really what did they expect facing the World Champions?

They ran for 10 yds total on TB, and beat a listless New Orleans team.

I got a laugh out of Steve Smith and Newton's celebrations........totally detatched from the scoreboard. The eyes closed and head towel routine reminded me of LeBron James "decision"........you are dealing with pampered athletes with a 15 yr old's maturity level.

Reminded me of Greg Schiavano......clueless about his audience. Greg man up and admit people might have percieved your

Bush League tactic as desperate.....and dangerous.

Well in the end it comes down to which team has more talent, and who wants it more

Apparently we were the team on both counts.

Look these guys were 6-10 last year in a weak division........really what did they expect facing the World Champions?

They ran for 10 yds total on TB, and beat a listless New Orleans team.

I got a laugh out of Steve Smith and Newton's celebrations........totally detatched from the scoreboard. The eyes closed and head towel routine reminded me of LeBron James "decision"........you are dealing with pampered athletes with a 15 yr old's maturity level.

Reminded me of Greg Schiavano......clueless about his audience. Greg man up and admit people might have percieved your

Bush League tactic as desperate.....and dangerous.

:clap:

Speaking of Newton I don't think they are doing him any favours with that Option play bullshit. If the Option is so incredible, as the announcers like to think, then somebody needs to get Tebow as a starter now. I haven't watched a full Newton game until last night but it looked terrible. What is the advantage of delaying a play that long at the line? Ds are too fast in the NFL for that gimmick crap. The QB needs to make a decision like yesterday because a second delay is too much.

I was going to post something to that effect too. I think the option read offense is going to ruin Cam Newton. That guy could be another Roethlisberger, he could be something much better, but he'll never have that chance unless he gets the chance to learn a real pro offense.

I think the Giants just put out the book on stopping the Panthers college style offense... attack the mesh points. run blitzes, etc. Pretty obvious stuff, defensive plays that beat the offense's tendencies. Why more teams don't try it, I don't understand.... obviously Cam was unprepared.

Well let's see the guy is big and athletic and seem pretty insecure.. it's funny seeing him try to get into with Webster after a play was already over.. it was some wild cat formation where he lined up in the slot.

hahaha, yeah I know which play you are talking about, early in the game, I believe. Cam has little man syndrome, for some reason.

Dude, I totally agree. I made the same comment in the game day thread. The coaches definitely are stifling a pretty good QBs development with that shit. Drop in the shotgun, let him read a defense, and let him make a decision to run or pass. He's got a solid arm, he can hit open receivers anywhere on the field, and he can really hurt teams outside the pocket.

Deangelo Williams has to be pretty pissed, too. He doesn't even get normal carries that allow him to find lanes and make something on his own....instead he is presented with them and Cam normally keeps the ball from him for too long....

Dude, I totally agree. I made the same comment in the game day thread. The coaches definitely are stifling a pretty good QBs development with that shit. Drop in the shotgun, let him read a defense, and let him make a decision to run or pass. He's got a solid arm, he can hit open receivers anywhere on the field, and he can really hurt teams outside the pocket.

Deangelo Williams has to be pretty pissed, too. He doesn't even get normal carries that allow him to find lanes and make something on his own....instead he is presented with them and Cam normally keeps the ball from him for too long....

No shit. There were a few fights at hand off. Before the game the announcers were fellating Chazinsky. After watching the option in full effect it's terrible. There isn't enough time in the NFL to make those kind of decisions during a play. They need to be made pre-snap and then you live or die by that decision.

That posturing after the TD really told me a lot about Cam. Really shows where the guys head is when his team's being pummeled.

-Z

I felt like posting Strahan's look at the score board comment...but then I remembered what game that came in... :ph34r:

No shit. There were a few fights at hand off. Before the game the announcers were fellating Chazinsky. After watching the option in full effect it's terrible. There isn't enough time in the NFL to make those kind of decisions during a play. They need to be made pre-snap and then you live or die by that decision.

Pretty much every time they ran that play the Giants figured out who was carrying the ball. Only the camera men were fooled. :P

Pretty much every time they ran that play the Giants figured out who was carrying the ball. Only the camera men were fooled. :P

Let's not forget a certain, overpaid, spoiled, and arrogant defensive end was fooled EVERY time....

The problem with what the Panthers were trying to do is that Cam Newton, like it or not, isn't a running back. He shouldn't have any say in who gets the ball (him or Deangelo) and any time you put the ball in the QBs hands like that, you're taking away your RBs best attributes---vision, patience, and decision making.....you're forcing him to do what Cam is dictating and like has been said, it just can't work in the NFL, it's way too slow to develop.

I saw Sound FX with Coughlin and he gave a great quote that I believe pertains to Cam right now. "A player that makes the team great is better than a great player." Cam's a great player but he needs to focus on making others around him better. He's too self-absorbed, it seems to me, and worried about the 'Cam-brand'. But he's young so I think part of it is just him needing to mature some more.

That posturing after the TD really told me a lot about Cam. Really shows where the guys head is when his team's being pummeled.

-Z

Total opposite of Cruz. Yep... when I saw that and saw how he reacted to adversity I wondered what the hype was about... he's a big dude but no one is as cool as Eli.