SportsWrath

The Barden Ticker

Treehugger

Training Camp Day 1

• Staying with the wide receiver theme, Domenik Hixon lined up opposite of Victor Cruz with the first-team offense. Rueben Randle and Ramses Barden ran with the second-team.

So it looks like the WR Depth on opening of camp is:

1) Nicks

2) Cruz

3) Hixon

4) Barden

5) Randle

We've yet to see reps from Jernigan, Collins or the Waterboy.

Looks like they are rotating the WR's opposite Cruz with the 1st team. Hopefully one or two of these WR's step it up and seize that 3rd spot on the depth. Even with the departure of Manningham I think our WR core is improved... ( i was never a big fan of Manningham)

its looking like this as of today

Nicks

Cruz

Hixon

JJ

Randle

Barden

this will likely change though

Day 2 of camp pays off for the patient gambler! I'm not always wrong, but when I am, I like it to earn me a dollar.

Looks like they are rotating the WR's opposite Cruz with the 1st team. Hopefully one or two of these WR's step it up and seize that 3rd spot on the depth. Even with the departure of Manningham I think our WR core is improved... ( i was never a big fan of Manningham)

Me neither...Manningham was too inconsistent to me...a brilliant play...then fogging out on the next...and other than his catch in the NFC Championship not knowing how to run the sideline route.

Me neither...Manningham was too inconsistent to me...a brilliant play...then fogging out on the next...and other than his catch in the NFC Championship not knowing how to run the sideline route.

I think it was Collinsworth who constantly shat on Manningham for that....I hate Collinsworth but I got to watching what he was talking about and he was absolutely right about Manningham.

Manningham had been doing that his whole career with the giants. Constantly drifting way to close to the sideline on those go routes. Leaving little room for the QB to place the ball. Couple that with the wrong routes he would run I feel we will be fine with whoever is on the roster right now replacing his production

I see Hixon winning it at 1st with either Randle or Jernnigan taking over during the season.

agreed. Hixon has made some plays for us, too. I'd have no problems with him as our #3. He was doing well before he went down with that freak knee injury

Training Camp Day 3

Jerrel Jernigan continued his impressive play. He hauled in a deep toss during the middle of practice. But David Douglas is also making some noise. The 6-1 UDFA out of Arizona State had a few nice receptions this afternoon.

Screen-shot-2012-07-29-at-4.39.49-PM.png

http://www.giantsfootballblog.com/2012/07/29/giants-training-camp-day-3-notes/

Nicks

Cruz

Hixon

Jernigan

Randle

Douglas

Barden

Collins

Hixon is the only guy I trust to field a motherfucking punt.

Believe in JJ!

I can't help but think Hixons best days are behind him.

I'm hoping one of these guys can fill the Devin Thomas role on STs. DT15 was money last year on STs.

Coughlin was quoted yesterday that he's really impressed with Jernigan's play and also believes he's the best return guy on the team. He also said he doesn't want to force Hixon into returning punts and kickoffs because he might be too fragile after all his injuries.

We have several new guys on the team that might end up winning the return job, but my money is on Jernigan getting the job.

If I was to make a depth chart right now itd probably be this:

Nicks

Cruz

Hixon

Jernigan

Douglas

Barden

Not a word on Reuben Randle. Literally, not a damn thing.

That's from camp notes. I thought this Douglas kid might be something and it looks like he may but Jernigan is supposedly really turning it on this year, which is surprising because he didn't show me shit last year.

Barden seems to have a great play followed by a lousy one but again... every camp note is "nice catch on a hook" or "had a drop on an out pattern." Why they don't have a 6'6" guy running posts and fades all fucking day is beyond me.

If I was to make a depth chart right now itd probably be this:

Nicks

Cruz

Hixon

Jernigan

Douglas

Barden

Not a word on Reuben Randle. Literally, not a damn thing.

That's from camp notes. I thought this Douglas kid might be something and it looks like he may but Jernigan is supposedly really turning it on this year, which is surprising because he didn't show me shit last year.

Barden seems to have a great play followed by a lousy one but again... every camp note is "nice catch on a hook" or "had a drop on an out pattern." Why they don't have a 6'6" guy running posts and fades all fucking day is beyond me.

He can't get any separation is what I've hard the knock on him is...but yeah, I agree, he's 6'6 he shouldn't need much separation, chuck the ball up to him, Eli can place it anywhere. But it seems to me they are having him run basketball style plays that have him basically posting up 5-10 yards up the field, like a tight end would....