SportsWrath

The Barden Ticker

Treehugger

Barden plays small, not like a guy who's 6'6".

Yea, it's a shame the guy has some awesome talent that's just not translating to the NFL.

I still have a ray of faith that he will put it together but this is likely his last year in blue.

Barden and Sintim are the two worst Resse picks to date. I give Beckum a pass since he atleast contributed a little bit last year in the playoffs.

If I was to make a depth chart right now itd probably be this:

Nicks

Cruz

Hixon

Jernigan

Douglas

Barden

Not a word on Reuben Randle. Literally, not a damn thing.

That's from camp notes. I thought this Douglas kid might be something and it looks like he may but Jernigan is supposedly really turning it on this year, which is surprising because he didn't show me shit last year.

Barden seems to have a great play followed by a lousy one but again... every camp note is "nice catch on a hook" or "had a drop on an out pattern." Why they don't have a 6'6" guy running posts and fades all fucking day is beyond me.

Randle? I saw him all over a bunch of camp reports at the start of camp.... not much the last few days, but I haven't heard anything bad either.

Barden.... meh.... if the light hasn't gone on by now, its not going to go on.

Yea, it's a shame the guy has some awesome talent that's just not translating to the NFL.

I still have a ray of faith that he will put it together but this is likely his last year in blue.

Barden and Sintim are the two worst Resse picks to date. I give Beckum a pass since he atleast contributed a little bit last year in the playoffs.

It's "not translating to the NFL" because Gilbride won't play to his strengths. Dude made a living in college running the fade... he's run exactly zero fades to this point. He doesn't even run them in practice. Reminds me of Tim Lewis when the Giants drafted a dozen "tweener" pass-rushers for "an exotic array of blitz packages" and Lewis had them all drop back into coverage.

He was criticized for not having great speed or change-of-direction ability... why would you have him run comebacks, hooks, and outs? If Gilly scaled back the playbook for Manningham so that he only ran two routes his rookie year, why won't he do the same for Barden? Dude is a good O-Coordinator but he does some really head-scratching things from time to time.

It's "not translating to the NFL" because Gilbride won't play to his strengths. Dude made a living in college running the fade... he's run exactly zero fades to this point. He doesn't even run them in practice. Reminds me of Tim Lewis when the Giants drafted a dozen "tweener" pass-rushers for "an exotic array of blitz packages" and Lewis had them all drop back into coverage.

He was criticized for not having great speed or change-of-direction ability... why would you have him run comebacks, hooks, and outs? If Gilly scaled back the playbook for Manningham so that he only ran two routes his rookie year, why won't he do the same for Barden? Dude is a good O-Coordinator but he does some really head-scratching things from time to time.

That's not true.

Just from a camp report 2 days ago:

• A mixed bag today for wide receiver Ramses Barden (yes, him again). Two nice catches early in practice, one on a back-shoulder fade over Prince Amukamara and one on a slant route where he got inside position on Corey Webster. Late in practice, though, Barden could not win a jump ball with Michael Coe on one play and had Mark Herzlich rip a pass out of his hands on another.

http://www.bigblueview.com/2012/8/3/3218278/new-york-giants-training-camp-day-7-practice-report

That's not true.

Just from a camp report 2 days ago:

http://www.bigbluevi...practice-report

I noticed that too. However, if you read the other reports, he's running a lot more short stuff than fades.

And he's run zero in games, is what I was saying. I don't need to see the guy in goal-line situations for every game... especially when we have Cruz and Nicks... but would it kill us to try it in a preseason game?

I noticed that too. However, if you read the other reports, he's running a lot more short stuff than fades.

And he's run zero in games, is what I was saying. I don't need to see the guy in goal-line situations for every game... especially when we have Cruz and Nicks... but would it kill us to try it in a preseason game?

You need to be activated for the game before you can run a route though...

I still think Douglas has made the most noise of any of the fringe WRs and I think he takes the 6th roster spot. I think we need to keep 7 if Barden is to have any chance of sticking, and that 7th guy needs to be a STeamer.

I still think Douglas has made the most noise of any of the fringe WRs and I think he takes the 6th roster spot. I think we need to keep 7 if Barden is to have any chance of sticking, and that 7th guy needs to be a STeamer.

In other words... Barden is fucked.

I think Douglas gets stashed on the practice squad and DePalma is the 6th guy. Douglas has made a lot of noise though.... I'm very surprised, I thought he was just a camp body, but his measurables are right up there and he keeps making plays. Its like Victor Cruz, circa 2010.

once in a while one of the unknown flashes and then does do something.

the thrill of catching lightning in a bottle is overwhelming. especially if one has speed or size.

why barden got a job in the first place.

It's a race right now, and if you throw out injury risk as a factor, nobody's place is assured on the 53 man roster after Nicks, Cruz, Randle, and probably Jernigan.

The other guys are going to have to earn their spots on the team, I believe. I still think they are going to keep either Barden or Hixon. And I think Hixon's return ability is not as important to this year's team as it has been in years' past. There are a lot of other guys who are return options. You have Randle, Jernigan, Hosley, Wilson, Douglas(?), and Scott who are possibilities to return punts and/or kicks.

So far, I think Douglas is ahead of the entire pack outside of the other four guys with his play. But like I said, it's not over, he may be ahead right now, but all that can change.

If you disregard the knee injuries, I think Hixon would probably be a lock to make this team. But how can you disregard a second ACL tear on Hixon? He's going to have to prove he's fully recovered AND outplay Barden, at minimum, to make the team.

But Barden is in a similar situation. If he isn't noticeably better than Hixon, he'll be cut.

One thing I will say, though, is one of those two guys will make this team. I think it would be unfathomable for Coughlin to have 3 rookies in one WR corps. Two is acceptable, with Randle and Douglas(?) my early picks, but you can't have 3 rookies behind Nicks, Cruz, and Jernigan (who is still fairly inexperienced himself). And as much as Hixon's knee may give Barden a slight advantage, Hixon's game experience might give him the bigger upper-hand over Barden.

I still think Douglas has made the most noise of any of the fringe WRs and I think he takes the 6th roster spot. I think we need to keep 7 if Barden is to have any chance of sticking, and that [/b]7th guy needs to be a STeamer

Barden is clearly already a "steamer" as evidenced by his shitty play in camp! Winning!