SportsWrath

Jacobs To The 49ers

Mr. P

Giants must have really, really lowballed him for him to sign a 1 year deal on the other coast

My understanding is the difference between what they offered and what he wanted amounted to $500K. My guess is it became more about pride... in his mind he joined a team who came very close to winning the SB... he and Manningham are on that side now and neither were a star for us and neither will be hard to replace... while I wish BJ good luck I can also say that for every good run he gave us there are about 2 or 3 that made us go wtf... BJ... just like shockey.. never lived up to the hype.

That move makes a lot of sense if jacobs plays with a chip on his shoulder. Quietly the 49ers are rounding out a very good team, we already saw what their d can do. Very dangerous team with a good coach

I'm not sure what that means... the guy kept tip toe-ing... what chip exactly do we need to worry about?

BJ never lived up to the hype Nas????

Did you watch him in the early days? Or 07-08? or every other year he was solid including last year. Not to mention he blocks like an O lineman in The backfield. Also giants franchise leader in rushing TDs

Not too shabby for a 4th round pick

BJ never lived up to the hype Nas????

Did you watch him in the early days? Or 07-08? or every other year he was solid including last year. Not to mention he blocks like an O lineman in The backfield. Also giants franchise leader in rushing TDs

Not too shabby for a 4th round pick

You dont remember the days when Jacobs was made the starter do you?

Everyone on the board was saying how he was going to be the second coming of Jim Brown and have a very LONG career as the Giants main RB.

Others disagreed saying that his style of play would have him running out of the starting position in a couple years.

I was with the group saying that although Jacobs was going to be productive the Giants were only going to get maybe four years out of him before we had to think about a replacement.

It's not the numbers that Nas is referring to, just the hype that everyone made about the guy.

Jacobs and the 2 guys he played behind before transferring in college (who were both drafted in the top 5 in the first round)

Jacobs 4849 yds, 56 tds, 4.5 average.

Brown 4951 yds, 37 tds, 4.2 average

Williams 4038 yds, 21 tds, 3.8 average.

Jacobs had a great career as a giant and played well above the expectations of a 4th rounder.

BIC true don't remember that form of "hype"

I thought he'd be exactly what he was, I was 100% right about him as I remember. I knew his height would shorten his career, but hey dudes gonna be 30

Soon and he's still there. I always envisioned him in His 07 form when we drafted him an he ran angry until he got his $. Averaged what 5.3 ypc in 2010? He was exactly what I imagined him to. Sorry Nas didn't know people here were saying he'd be the next amazing 10 year RB.

BIC true don't remember that form of "hype"

I thought he'd be exactly what he was, I was 100% right about him as I remember. I knew his height would shorten his career, but hey dudes gonna be 30

Soon and he's still there. I always envisioned him in His 07 form when we drafted him an he ran angry until he got his $. Averaged what 5.3 ypc in 2010? He was exactly what I imagined him to. Sorry Nas didn't know people here were saying he'd be the next amazing 10 year RB.

There are always some fan boys that go that route, but I think most of us were of the same mind as you. There were also some guys that said he would never do shit, and they were way off.

This begs the question as to what FA RBs are still available....

Here you go here's some, I'd rather draft one but here are a few...

Ernest Graham.

Joseph Addai

Jackie Battle

Michael Bennett

Cedric Benson

Ronnie Brown

Thomas Clayton

Justin Forsett

Kevin Faulk

Ernest Graham

Ryan Grant

Jerome Harrison

Tim Hightower

Thomas Jones

Mewelde Moore

Maurice Morris

Jerious Norwood

Chester Taylor

LDT - Tomlinson

Derrick Ward

Cadillac Williams

Here you go here's some, I'd rather draft one but here are a few...

Ernest Graham.

Joseph Addai

Jackie Battle

Michael Bennett

Cedric Benson

Ronnie Brown

Thomas Clayton

Justin Forsett

Kevin Faulk

Ernest Graham

Ryan Grant

Jerome Harrison

Tim Hightower

Thomas Jones

Mewelde Moore

Maurice Morris

Jerious Norwood

Chester Taylor

LDT - Tomlinson

Derrick Ward

Cadillac Williams

There's two guys in the league with the name Earnest Graham?

I wouldn't be completely pissed at a Mewelde Moore, who was used sparingly by Pittsburgh behind Mendenhall...or a Tim Hightower if he's healthy. But yeah, definitely leaning towards a draft pick at this point.

You dont remember the days when Jacobs was made the starter do you?

Everyone on the board was saying how he was going to be the second coming of Jim Brown and have a very LONG career as the Giants main RB.

Others disagreed saying that his style of play would have him running out of the starting position in a couple years.

I was with the group saying that although Jacobs was going to be productive the Giants were only going to get maybe four years out of him before we had to think about a replacement.

It's not the numbers that Nas is referring to, just the hype that everyone made about the guy.

Thanks BIC. Osi has made it a habit of disagreeing with me... Like I said.. good luck to BJ but we didn't lose much here... meaning no matter how good BJ was.. he isn't good anymore.