SportsWrath

Chase

*SDMF*

First, I didn't think Brady's decision was all that bad....Gronkowski is bigger than even Blackburn and is a Pro Bowl TE....one on one against Gronkowski, I take Grownkowski every time (Blackburn had already been schooled by Hernandez on a touchdown)...his injury appeared to end up being a much bigger factor for him than was expected and that was the difference on that play. Brady had to try to make a play and had to have faith that Gronkowski could make that play. Blackburn made an amazing play and out positioned and out powered him for the ball.

Second, I honestly think that other than keeping Victor Cruz on the 53 man roster, Chase Blackburn was the biggest roster move of the year. He played at a high level for us and the defense appeared to be better aligned with players being in position and less confusion back there.

First, I didn't think Brady's decision was all that bad....Gronkowski is bigger than even Blackburn and is a Pro Bowl TE....one on one against Gronkowski, I take Grownkowski every time (Blackburn had already been schooled by Hernandez on a touchdown)...his injury appeared to end up being a much bigger factor for him than was expected and that was the difference on that play. Brady had to try to make a play and had to have faith that Gronkowski could make that play. Blackburn made an amazing play and out positioned and out powered him for the ball.

Second, I honestly think that other than keeping Victor Cruz on the 53 man roster, Chase Blackburn was the biggest roster move of the year. He played at a high level for us and the defense appeared to be better aligned with players being in position and less confusion back there.

Another thing about the INT.. it was so deep in our territory, it's as good as a punt for NE. Great play by Chase although Brady underthrew it big time.

Another thing about the INT.. it was so deep in our territory, it's as good as a punt for NE. Great play by Chase although Brady underthrew it big time.

word, exactly. and we didn't end up capitalizing and ended up burning 2 timeouts on that drive...

Manningham's catch is. The INT was great but it's as good as forcing NE to punt. Great job by Chase though.

Ok but if Gronkowski makes that catch, we lose the game. Well most likely lose.

Manninghams watch was amazing, but the Chase pick saved the game. And it was chase blackburn playing deep and making the int. That hurt Brady and gave the giants some nice momentum.

You can compare with a punt if you'd like, but the difference is that if Chase doesn't make that play then the pats most likely win.

Man some people just cant give credit where its due.

it was an amazing play. full credit to chase. im just saying i thought it was a bad decision to throw considering he was just scrambling for his life with some room in front of him and with the goal being to kill some clock. throwing deep across the field after just avoiding two sacks isn't exactly conducive to achieving the kill clock goal

He should have been resigned to begin with. I hope the Giants sign him again, but he's the type of guy I'd cheer for even if he went on a team that played on any one of our rivals. He just seems like a good, down to earth type dude.

Plus, we all need our scrappy white guys and, I call him "The Warden" which is a complete ripoff of what Makemesomefoodho called David Lee and was subsequently thrown out of MSG for chanting it.

Ok but if Gronkowski makes that catch, we lose the game. Well most likely lose.

Manninghams watch was amazing, but the Chase pick saved the game. And it was chase blackburn playing deep and making the int. That hurt Brady and gave the giants some nice momentum.

You can compare with a punt if you'd like, but the difference is that if Chase doesn't make that play then the pats most likely win.

1 play does not a game make...there were a number of plays the Giants made (Chase's interception, Manningham's catch, Manning's throw to Manningham, the recovered fumbles, the made field goals, the punts inside the 10, the safety early on, the drops by the NE receivers/TEs)...all of them led to our win. Any one play in particular was just one piece of the puzzle.

Chase definitely earned the right to come to camp next year.

That having been said, if Reese feels like he is going to continue with youth " with a lot of upside" in Williams, Jones, Herzlich and maybe a draft pick, Chase might yet again be the odd man out.

If that is the case, Reese should tell him now and set the man up to get paid in free agency while his value is at it's career high.

Chase definitely earned the right to come to camp next year.

That having been said, if Reese feels like he is going to continue with youth " with a lot of upside" in Williams, Jones, Herzlich and maybe a draft pick, Chase might yet again be the odd man out.

If that is the case, Reese should tell him now and set the man up to get paid in free agency while his value is at it's career high.

Goff returning from injury, Boley/Kiwi solid starters, Williams/Jones/Herzlich/Sintim, and Blackburn.....can't keep 8 LBers. Tough call on who you'd keep Blackburn over.

Goff returning from injury, Boley/Kiwi solid starters, Williams/Jones/Herzlich/Sintim, and Blackburn.....can't keep 8 LBers. Tough call on who you'd keep Blackburn over.

Yeah it's going to be tough competition for him again. It's unfortunate that upside, what ever the hell that is, usually wins out. In the end though he just received a SB ring for half a year work. Not bad at all.

To me Williams is the only one who has shown promise out of the rookie linebackers. Herzlich a bit, but I'm not sure he has done enough, he and Jones need to make strides in camp. I want to see Goff and Chase at MLB next year, I think we would be good there. Unless they want to draft Vontaze Burfict or something!