SportsWrath

Robbed.

Sephiroth

Not sure if you guys have seen this, but it made me sad. I actually thought they got the call right, that Ballard's knee was touching out of bounds simultaneously as it touched out of bounds. Check this out:

389484_10150599973924377_418837579376_11892851_1242151001_n.jpg

http://

http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo;JSESSIONID=940930FED5153ADAE5CA.3180?site=newsday&view=giants_item&feed:a=newsday_5min&feed:c=giants&feed:i=1.3368219

I've yet to see it due to work but Papa and Banks were killing that call. It's getting near impossible to play defense anymore. I know casual fans love scoring but it's out of hand with the rules now. It's so skewed in the offenses favor. You have 10 quarterbacks right now on pace for 4,000 yards. Ridiculous.

The problem with that call was JW was backpedaling while the GB receiver was charging him.

Basically, it was contact initiated by the Packers receiver...the defender is not required to clear out when a receiver is running at him. Total bullshit call....one of many fuckups by the refs.

That's the thing, I don't think he made contact with the head.

Should've worded that better... You can't go NEAR a QBs head and not expect to get flagged. I saw contact on the replay, but at full speed and I only saw it once. Haven't seen the replay since but it looked like a legit call to me at the time.

I had thought the same thing but on Mike and Mike this morning Greenburg brought up something I hadn't thought of. He basically said that the Giants had to leave a little bit if time left on the clock in case they didn't make the 2 point conversion so they could try to recover the onsides kick. I don't agree with the logic of it but it does seem to make a bit more sense.

Great point. An 2 point conversion isn't as easy as kicking it thru. Think about it. Remember we had to stop another undefeated team back in 2007. How much was left on the clock in that one? It just shows our defense isn't what it used to be. There is t a true leader there. God we miss Strahan or Pierce.

The problem with that call was JW was backpedaling while the GB receiver was charging him.

Basically, it was contact initiated by the Packers receiver...the defender is not required to clear out when a receiver is running at him. Total bullshit call....one of many fuckups by the refs.

They knew what they were doing.

I agree....nothing close will be allowed to stop the anointing of St. Rodgers and the Pack....nothing.

I'm surprised there isn't much chatter around the league about this.. my guess is no coaches or players want to get fined....

Whatever. Refs miss calls and the saints and packers get favored every game. This isn't something new. First he blames the players and now he blames the refs. All I see is a desperate old man trying to save his job.

Whatever. Refs miss calls and the saints and packers get favored every game. This isn't something new. First he blames the players and now he blames the refs. All I see is a desperate old man trying to save his job.

The old man has a legitimate point though.

True that....don't get me wrong....we wuz robbed...and I still want the Old Man gone and/or kicked upstairs. :laugh:

that ballard non TD doesnt matter. the packers would have just scored the game winning TD on their last drive instead of the game winning FG.

Not really. They were given that call and were given a TD that the receiver had no control of the ball.. different ballgame.

Guest StrahansGap

I agree....nothing close will be allowed to stop the anointing of St. Rodgers and the Pack....nothing.

Spot on! Peyton Manning's absence this season has caused quite a stir at NFL headquarters. They need a new golden child. A new face of the NFL. Why not Aaron Rodgers? Makes PERFECT sense.....

Great point. An 2 point conversion isn't as easy as kicking it thru. Think about it. Remember we had to stop another undefeated team back in 2007. How much was left on the clock in that one? It just shows our defense isn't what it used to be. There is t a true leader there. God we miss Strahan or Pierce.

When thinking about Pierce. My mind always goes back to that time he Intentionally commited an encroachment penalty because we only had 10 on the field and were about to get torched.

That was a very heads up call by a savvy veteran. We have really been missing that from the locker room. Tuck is good and all, but he isn't that natural leader that Pierce and Strahan were.

the dog does always get a kick out of it when the giant conspiracy theorists come out in full force...anyhow, the jennings catch to the dog was suspect, but stop wasting time on the ballard catch. the still pic looks like he was in, but the still pic is taken when the knee is still in the air, despite the fact that it looks otherwise...check the video...in fact, watch the video on the link below, and if you are able to, pause it at exactly the 28 second mark...you will see the moment the still pic was taken...then inch it forward a full second, and you will see when his knee actually hits the ground...out of bounds.

again, the jennings catch to the dog was shaky, or maybe it is because the dog just doesn't get that rule, but this was not a TD catch...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d824c71fd/Ballard-s-catch-a-touchdown

there's bullshit in so many games and this play happened WAY too early in the game for us to act like it was a gamechanger. im embarrassed that the head coach of my team ran around with this picture screaming conspiracy yesterday. he's a joke--there's no shame in losing to the packers, take the loss like a man. besides, jacksonville will welcome him back with open arms if he gets fired

Let's not confuse some piss-poor calls with a league-wide conspiracy. It might be that Tripplet's crew sucks, and nothing else.

Exactly...unfortunately weak officiating will happen throughout the league every week. The dog is pretty sure every fan base can watch their team play and find missed calls every game. In fairness to the officials, they are right way more often then they are wrong, it's just that everyone focuses in on the couple of missed calls. The great NFL conspiracy against the giants doesn't exist.

Exactly...unfortunately weak officiating will happen throughout the league every week. The dog is pretty sure every fan base can watch their team play and find missed calls every game. In fairness to the officials, they are right way more often then they are wrong, it's just that everyone focuses in on the couple of missed calls. The great NFL conspiracy against the giants doesn't exist.

My beef is that this particular crew is pretty notorious for bad game-calling, and they'll still be around next season. If an officiating crew is getting an excessive amount of calls wrong, and even you admit they did; then they should be on review at season's end and removed; just like any other job.

I can see the occasional missed hold, or even the occasional ticky-tack(and that William's PI was at most ticky-tack)/missed PI, but these guys were completely blowing pivotal plays (including missing JPP jumping on a teammate's back during the end of half FG attempt). They have no business refereeing football games.

the dog does always get a kick out of it when the giant conspiracy theorists come out in full force...anyhow, the jennings catch to the dog was suspect, but stop wasting time on the ballard catch. the still pic looks like he was in, but the still pic is taken when the knee is still in the air, despite the fact that it looks otherwise...check the video...in fact, watch the video on the link below, and if you are able to, pause it at exactly the 28 second mark...you will see the moment the still pic was taken...then inch it forward a full second, and you will see when his knee actually hits the ground...out of bounds.

again, the jennings catch to the dog was shaky, or maybe it is because the dog just doesn't get that rule, but this was not a TD catch...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d824c71fd/Ballard-s-catch-a-touchdown

Dog, none of us here is a conspiracy theorists.. none. I was the first to bring up the subject and you're not going to convince me the refs didn't have a hard on for the Packers... Jennings catch was NOT at TD.. no question about it.. he had no control. I could see in the video where you're coming from... till you get to the camera angle from behind ballard... at exactly the 0:59 mark freeze it there... the refs can freeze images...clearly he was in... The BS call on Williams when it was the Packers player who initiated the contact... we outplayed GB.. and won that game. I just hope the Giants come out swinging over the next four games.. and hope to get a shot at the packers again.