SportsWrath

Eagles

*SDMF*

Any Reid is gonna have this team ready to play us. No doubt about it. If we dont win, we wont win the NFC East because I dont see us beating Dallas twice. I hate to say it but its do or die for us. Can anyone make a case that if we dont win we can still take the east?

The Giants basically need to go into every game like they are playing the Patriots.

If they take the Eagles lightly, they will lose......but the Giants fans are going to be out for blood....everyone wants payback for the Miracle in the Meadowlands.

I felt really good abou tthe 49ers game, and that didn't work out so well. So, I'm not making any predictions about this game.

Every Giants-Eagles game is gut-wrenching....I get exhausted just watching it.

There is absolutely no reason why the Eagles can't come up here and smoke us.

There defensive weakness is against the run which we suck at.

Our defensive weakness is against the run which they are great at.

Our strength is Eli and the WR corps, they have a very strong secondary.

Well H, they have not played the pass as well as many hoped this year. I think Rodgers-Cromartie is not expected to play, though they have a pretty damn good corner in Joselio Hanson who I believe was either a starter or their nickel corner last year. The cut Hanson and re-signed him to a friendlier contract. I actually wanted us to grab him when they cut him, because he's a good player, would've been an upgrade to our nickel package.

Vince Young looked bad in another game they brought him in. I expect that this time, knowing he will start he will be better prepared. He is more of a pocket passer but has some mobility, and I think that helps us. I'd prepare for him the same way as we would Vick... that way not caught off-guard if Vick does play, and we won't underestimate VY's elusiveness.

If Maclin doesn't play, that's a big break for us. But how do they lose to the Cardinals? That makes me wonder if the team has just given up on the season? I don't know. But we have to have no mercy on Sunday Night. I expect they will come out and give us their best shot as you said, it's a prime time, national audience game, they don't want to be embarrassed in front of the whole country. And McCoy is definitely going to be a problem. If I'm Perry, my whole game plan is centered around getting after McCoy.

Any given Sunday...we can win easily or we can lose easily. Preparation and pride in what you do is key. In other words, man up, do your job, and get the W.

Not to mention, I am still hearing whimpering coming from Eagles fans that 'we're not out of it yet' and 'there's still a slight mathematical chance'. I would like for the Giants to put the nail in that coffin once and for all.

Well H, they have not played the pass as well as many hoped this year. I think Rodgers-Cromartie is not expected to play, though they have a pretty damn good corner in Joselio Hanson who I believe was either a starter or their nickel corner last year. The cut Hanson and re-signed him to a friendlier contract. I actually wanted us to grab him when they cut him, because he's a good player, would've been an upgrade to our nickel package.

Vince Young looked bad in another game they brought him in. I expect that this time, knowing he will start he will be better prepared. He is more of a pocket passer but has some mobility, and I think that helps us. I'd prepare for him the same way as we would Vick... that way not caught off-guard if Vick does play, and we won't underestimate VY's elusiveness.

If Maclin doesn't play, that's a big break for us. But how do they lose to the Cardinals? That makes me wonder if the team has just given up on the season? I don't know. But we have to have no mercy on Sunday Night. I expect they will come out and give us their best shot as you said, it's a prime time, national audience game, they don't want to be embarrassed in front of the whole country. And McCoy is definitely going to be a problem. If I'm Perry, my whole game plan is centered around getting after McCoy.

I think you make very good points.

Don't get me wrong, I do think we can win but I don't think it will be easy.

It would definitely help to actually get out to quick lead and we aren't good enough to overcome the damn offensive turn overs so hopefully that is out our system as well

Any given Sunday...we can win easily or we can lose easily. Preparation and pride in what you do is key. In other words, man up, do your job, and get the W.

Not to mention, I am still hearing whimpering coming from Eagles fans that 'we're not out of it yet' and 'there's still a slight mathematical chance'. I would like for the Giants to put the nail in that coffin once and for all.

This. The Eagles will never be a walk in the park against us... and I respect them for that.. I respect them enough to want to the put them out of their misery and have them talk draft after this game. Make no illusions this game will be tough...

To H's points.. our run D is better than people think.. we proved it against the niners and the patriots. Their pass D was exposed.. that Numda guy is overhyped... Webster is better than him.

The Eagles haven't been this vulnerable in a long time. Division games are always a battle, and as much as I hate them I respect the Eagles as a team and organization that consistently puts out a good brand of football year after year. This is a must win game though. There's a reason they lost to the Cardinals with their backup quarterback at home last week in a game where essentially their playoff lives hung in the balance. They aren't good this year. I can't express the level of disappointment I'm going to feel if I see the Eagles winning Sunday night once again in our building. The Giants are the better team and with the remaining schedule ahead, they simply cannot afford to drop another game to inferior opponents.

I'm not assuming fish and I don't think anyone else who has watched the Giants enough is assuming either. Fact is the Giants need this win. I'm going to be fucking pissed if they drop this game.

Didn't mean that towards you or anybody specifically. I just am very leery of that team and its incredible ability to fuck up the Giants no matter how bad they're playing.

Shit, if I'm the Eagles, and I'm 0-15 or simply eliminated from any chance of getting into the playoffs, with my last game of the season against the Giants and winning that last game in some way screws the Giants chance at a postseason or hinders the Giants in some way - that's motivation enough to bring your best. Same could be said about the Giants. If they were a bottom dweller and the Eagles were tops in the NFC...if the Giants had a chance to knock the Eagles out of home field advantage or knock them down a peg into a wild card spot...then damn, I'd be hoping the Giants would take advantage of that opportunity to stick it to a division opponent even though it has no benefit to the Giants in the long run.

If the Giants fail to realize that the Eagles are going to come to win, then shame on the Giants.

I just am very leery of that team and its incredible ability to fuck up the Giants no matter how bad they're playing.

This plus they have not been playing atrocious football. They have 1 of the top rushing attacks in the game and a good pass rush + secondary.

What has been killing them, more than anything else, has been turn overs. They are -7 on the season ( 2nd to last in the NFC )

If they play clean and we don't we will probably lose this game.

Again not saying we WILL, just saying that this will be no cake walk.

Some of you guys are nuts. This game is already over!!!! 34-10 giants.

THIS!!!!!

No, but seriously, you can never take an egirls game lightly, but its different this yr. Even in our loss to the 49ers, we were in it till the end. Unlike yrs past where we start out good, but lose a blowout every other game.....we've been consistent since week 2, minus the SEA game, which again, we were on the verge of winning. So, even though anything can happen, I believe we put the nail in the coffin this Sun night...................

GIANTS-31

EGIRLS17

THIS!!!!!

No, but seriously, you can never take an egirls game lightly, but its different this yr. Even in our loss to the 49ers, we were in it till the end. Unlike yrs past where we start out good, but lose a blowout every other game.....we've been consistent since week 2, minus the SEA game, which again, we were on the verge of winning. So, even though anything can happen, I believe we put the nail in the coffin this Sun night...................

GIANTS-31

EGIRLS17

You're nuts.

You're nuts.

Nuts agreeing that no matter what we destroy them?.......Yeah, Id agree. But I said that as a joke. In the paragraph below that, I stated why this yr will be different. OUr team has shown consistency as far as hanging with better teams and Elis playing level.......something we havent had in yrs. Normally, I would think anything can happen, and still do to a point. But its gonna be different this time.....we put the nail in the coffin Sun nite for the egirls. Mark my words.

Bring this thread up Monday morning, please.........you'll see.