SportsWrath

DevinThomas gets demoted.

Lughead

DJ Ware? OK, I know he's experienced and i honestly don't know what kind of return guy Scott could be but I'd rather take a shot at Scott's upside than what I've seen from Ware. Ware? Why don't you put Pascoe back there?

:rolleyes::facepalm:

Keep Thomas back there. He's been good all season, one mistake that he recovered shouldn't get him demoted. Making changes when we are winning....who are we, the fucking Washington Redskins?

Ross, on the other hand, needs to be a cornerback. Not a punt returner.

Keep Thomas back there. He's been good all season, one mistake that he recovered shouldn't get him demoted. Making changes when we are winning....who are we, the fucking Washington Redskins?

Good point. Don't fuck with good chemistry.

I honestly have bad feelings about this scott kid, I'd almost rather see jernigan back there.

This may be a move to get Scott on the filed.. noting more nothing less. Jernigan reminds me of S. Moss... bad feeling in my gut.

I think this is a mistake. I too love Scott's speed, and booh, don't get all superstitious on me! Thomas hasn't been very good in the last couple of games, I actually think that was his second muff on the season, and his returns haven't been good recently either. BUT, it doesn't appear he's getting a lot of help in the blocking dept, either, and he at least has speed that Ware just doesn't. I think the muff was a fluke and think Thomas is a good returner if he can get another block here or there.

I concur. The secondary cannot afford another injury so Ross needs to stop taking punt returns. Thomas may not have a TD run back yet but it didn't seem like he was doing poorly to me. Unless Scott does an amazing job who would be better to replace him? Jernigan, who I think is injured anyway, didn't do anything against scrubs in pre-season and Ware isn't much better. This is subtraction by addition. :unsure:

Who else do we have that can return punts and isn't injured? I'm not being a smartass, just don't remember...

Rolle could , maybe Jacobs

NO!

But you're right fish, KR and PR aren't positions that we pick up guys specifically for....so we really don't have too many on the roster. I just don't think Thomas, outside of this last game, has been doing bad.

And it's not like our guys get a lot of opportunities with the kickoff where its at now....

Rolle could , maybe Jacobs

Jacobs get under punts? I hold my breath when Eli throws him a swing pass in the flat and you want him fielding punts? No thanks, I have enough cheap thrills in my life!

Jacobs get under punts? I hold my breath when Eli throws him a swing pass in the flat and you want him fielding punts? No thanks, I have enough cheap thrills in my life!

Wasn't Jacobs our KR for a few games years ago? He was pretty good if I remember.

Rolle could definatelyndo the job also, he might be too confident though for the job.

NO!

But you're right fish, KR and PR aren't positions that we pick up guys specifically for....so we really don't have too many on the roster. I just don't think Thomas, outside of this last game, has been doing bad.

And it's not like our guys get a lot of opportunities with the kickoff where its at now....

I have no beef with Thomas, I was wondering who could replace Ross, with Jernigan having hip problems.

This may be a move to get Scott on the filed.. noting more nothing less. Jernigan reminds me of S. Moss... bad feeling in my gut.

I think the feeling with Scott is that we got another Bradshaw, but Bradshaw dropped to the 7th partially because of the playstaton deal, I don't have the same faith in Scott, unless you want him in on some end arounds etc where he could do less damage.

I felt Jernigan should have been groomed to return kicks in the preseason and let him drop his catches during that time but keep learning. Devin Thomas adds little back there, he's getting us to the 20 consistant, at least he's not Brian Mitchell.

Storm's thought is that we don't want a starting CB out there returning punts, since he was traumatized by Sehorn's injury as a child. :P

Storm has a great point. Considering Ross' health history, I'm nervous about him completing the season already. Putting in Rolle is an even worse idea, since he plays 3rd CB, and is a starting saftey--do you want Grant out there all game? Jacobs already has knee issues, although it's just swelling so far; but we don't want him out there particularly since Bradshaw is out.

My question is if there is anyone else, like Jernigan, or Tyler Sash, who is both reasonably competent and a non-starter that can do the job? I honestly don't know who that could be.

Maybe, if Scott is going on kickoffs, Thomas goes on punts? That might work.

Storm's thought is that we don't want a starting CB out there returning punts, since he was traumatized by Sehorn's injury as a child. :P

Storm has a great point. Considering Ross' health history, I'm nervous about him completing the season already. Putting in Rolle is an even worse idea, since he plays 3rd CB, and is a starting saftey--do you want Grant out there all game? Jacobs already has knee issues, although it's just swelling so far; but we don't want him out there particularly since Bradshaw is out.

My question is if there is anyone else, like Jernigan, or Tyler Sash, who is both reasonably competent and a non-starter that can do the job? I honestly don't know who that could be.

Maybe, if Scott is going on kickoffs, Thomas goes on punts? That might work.

That's part of it, throw in the fact Ross has been playing well and we've lost like 4 corners to injury already....the other reason is that I've also never been a big fan of throwing defensive players out there to do an offensive task.....ya, I know that Deion Sanders was one of the best kick/punt returners in NFL history....he's the exception though. Ross has been meh...and the muffed punt just put the icing on the cakse for me

Hmmm, I'd like to see Sash out there, forgot about him.