SportsWrath

One thing that really pissed me off

RandolphScott

In the 3rd quarter, TAWMY Brady gets flagged for a delay of game then starts crying to the official that the clock wasn't reset.

Aikman pretty much says is the refs fault and that its happened numerous times this season to teams.

Fast forward to the 4th quarter. Eli Manning, flagged for delay of game. Aikman goes "Eli Manning needs to know how much time is on the clock, bad mistake by Eli.

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink:

That penalty on Brady did seem weird. It seemed like it came really quick after it came back from commercial, I believe.

The Eli penalty had no such nuance. It was all about the play call not getting in on time. I think Troy is one of the best color analysts in the game. More often than not, you will find comments regarding his lack of bias than you will vice versa. Watching him call Cowboys' games, he is very critical of the Cowboys. I have a lot of respect for Aikman and the way he calls games. If he is biased you wouldn't know it.

The Manningham penalty pissed me off, as well, but also the Manningham drop near the sideline. He always seems to have 1-2 plays per game where he doesn't secure the ball right away and he drops it on a very catchable pass.

But the thing that pissed me off the most was the defensive play call on 4th down for the Patriots when they scored that Gronkowski TD. Even before the snap, I was already saying, NO, NO, NO! Because it was very apparent they were only rushing four, not even showing a blitz, and you just can't give Tom Brady a nice pocket with the game on the line. I'd rather them score on a play of aggression than when we went passive.

Guest StrahansGap

That penalty on Brady did seem weird. It seemed like it came really quick after it came back from commercial, I believe.

The Eli penalty had no such nuance. It was all about the play call not getting in on time. I think Troy is one of the best color analysts in the game. More often than not, you will find comments regarding his lack of bias than you will vice versa. Watching him call Cowboys' games, he is very critical of the Cowboys. I have a lot of respect for Aikman and the way he calls games. If he is biased you wouldn't know it.

The Manningham penalty pissed me off, as well, but also the Manningham drop near the sideline. He always seems to have 1-2 plays per game where he doesn't secure the ball right away and he drops it on a very catchable pass.

But the thing that pissed me off the most was the defensive play call on 4th down for the Patriots when they scored that Gronkowski TD. Even before the snap, I was already saying, NO, NO, NO! Because it was very apparent they were only rushing four, not even showing a blitz, and you just can't give Tom Brady a nice pocket with the game on the line. I'd rather them score on a play of aggression than when we went passive.

What about the holding call that the refs were coaxed into calling because of Bellichecks complaining? That pissed me off too. Looked like they had no intention of calling that until Bellicheck cried like a little bitch.

What about the holding call that the refs were coaxed into calling because of Bellichecks complaining? That pissed me off too. Looked like they had no intention of calling that until Bellicheck cried like a little bitch.

While it was annoying, it was clearly holding and I don't want to hear from Pat's fans that we got away with shit due to missed calls.

The flag was out well before the play was over. Aikman and Belichek just didn't see it.

The one I was pissed about was Light not getting an unsportsmanlike for pushing and diving on Osi (the incident that started the fight) well after the whistle was blown. The ref was right there.

Aikman has no love for the Giants and is hard pressed to hide his bias......which is not a good thing when calling a game.

LOL compared to Aikman, Buck would have the Giants kicked out of the league if he had his way.

Both are DIEHARD Cowboys fans........I cannot stand listening to either one but at least Aikman knows something about football......the little guy is there to hold up the microphone. What I cannot for the life of me understand is why they are not permanently assigned to the cowboy broadcasts like Pat Summerall and John Madden used to do ours

How is Pat anyway, is he still alive?

I agree.......rushing 4 on that potentially game ending play was insane........Fewell what were you thinking? We should have brought the Krakken on that play

Aikman has no love for the Giants and is hard pressed to hide his bias......which is not a good thing when calling a game.

I don't think that's the case at all. Aikman has been a pretty reasonable announcer and is one of my favorites on TV. Besides I don't think he appreciates the way Dallas let him go...

The asshole pushed Boley out of the way.. that was OPI all the way... I was livid :furious:

At least you guys got the game. I had to listen too it on Sirus Radio sitting in my truck....and it was that Pat's crew...which meant it totally sucked...up until about 30 seconds left in the 4th...then it got sort of fun.

C. Wagon.

Back when I had Sirius, I know that there were two channels dedicated for every game, one for each team's broadcast. Not sure if they still do that, but thought I'd pass along in case they still do and in case you didn't know.

Besides I don't think he appreciates the way Dallas let him go...

really. If I remember right he had concussion issues his whole career and several in his last season. Not getting extended was almost certainly the best thing that ever happened to him from a health point of view. My guess is he gets that.

I agree Aikmen is ok as an announcer but I further agree with Jack that that fuck head, dimwit, daddy's boy Buck could make just about anybody look knowledgeable and impartial.

Back when I had Sirius, I know that there were two channels dedicated for every game, one for each team's broadcast. Not sure if they still do that, but thought I'd pass along in case they still do and in case you didn't know.

I bet that is the case...I just got it. I was going crazy trying to listen to it off the Giants site...it keep dropping...so as soon as I found it on the radio I just stuck with it (Pats crew).

I'm sure my neighbors think I'm fucking crazy sitting out in my truck yelling at the radio..but it was totally worth it.

Next week I'll scan for Papa and Banks.

Thanks roc.

C. Wagon

At least you guys got the game. I had to listen too it on Sirus Radio sitting in my truck....and it was that Pat's crew...which meant it totally sucked...up until about 30 seconds left in the 4th...then it got sort of fun.

C. Wagon.

Holy crap, what a bummer. The first half was the most boring game I ever had to watch....can't imagine having to listen to a whole half in which not one single point is scored and only two overall 3rd down conversions (one each). It was a defensive showdown for sure - which can be interesting to those who really study defensive schemes, but makes for a boring game.....and it's hard to enjoy defense listening to the radio. It's the kind of thing you just need to see with your own eyes.

The only game I enjoy listening to on the radio is a baseball game. Can you imaging listening to a soccer game that goes an hour and is still zero to zero? Well, that's about what you must have had in the first half of the Giants - Pats game.

You better get the NFL Ticket chuckles....or at least go to a local watering hole that has NFL Ticket.

I bet that is the case...I just got it. I was going crazy trying to listen to it off the Giants site...it keep dropping...so as soon as I found it on the radio I just stuck with it (Pats crew).

I'm sure my neighbors think I'm fucking crazy sitting out in my truck yelling at the radio..but it was totally worth it.

Next week I'll scan for Papa and Banks.

Thanks roc.

C. Wagon

They also used to post the channels that'd be carrying the games on the sirius nfl radio site. I remember how much it sucked scanning through 50 channels trying to find the Giants broadcast. I can't say when it gets posted for Sunday's games, but if you look at the link below, it has the channels for tonight's game.

Link to schedule

They also used to post the channels that'd be carrying the games on the sirius nfl radio site. I remember how much it sucked scanning through 50 channels trying to find the Giants broadcast. I can't say when it gets posted for Sunday's games, but if you look at the link below, it has the channels for tonight's game.

Link to schedule

Thank you!

C. Wagon

really. If I remember right he had concussion issues his whole career and several in his last season. Not getting extended was almost certainly the best thing that ever happened to him from a health point of view. My guess is he gets that.

I agree Aikmen is ok as an announcer but I further agree with Jack that that fuck head, dimwit, daddy's boy Buck could make just about anybody look knowledgeable and impartial.

Plus....the dead squirrel in my back yard buried under an avalanche of acorns has more life than Buck....I can never forget Plaxico's TD in the Super Bowl...you would think that jack hole was at the Westminster Dog Show announcing a minor prize...."and here you have the Eukanaba breed of the year folks..." pass me the caffeine pills or Red Bull so I can stay awake folks.