SportsWrath

Coaching Mount Rushmore

Chuck Wagon

I wanted to put this, but its hard for me to put a cowboy HC in there. Although he did play for us.....hmmmmm :confused:

He coached for us as well man....he helped create the modern defense. I curse the Mara family for letting him and Lombardi go to other teams that raped us for years.

Parcells and Belichick don't belong on it. You can put them in the sand below mount rushmore.

Paul Brown

Tom Landry

Vince Lombardi

George Halas

I'll put Bill Walsh up there too.

Chuck Noll

Shula

Paul Brown

Tuna

Landry

Lombardi

Halas

Welsh

Belicek

Think "modern game" 1950 and later....

..........who else...and which 4 get cut in the mountain.

C. Wagon

Are you kidding me

Lombardi has to be number one hands down

He only was a HC for 10 seasons and unfortunately passed away BUT

the 1st nine years he coached the Packers to 5 NFL Championships

I've got Landry at #2............look at his record 11 plus wins year after year after year

I have Dick Vermeil at #3.............despite all the tears, no one ever got more out of the hand dealt him at 3 different teams

#4 Belicheck- a Genius.........not only game day but preparation, and picking the right players

after that there is a huge drop off to Parcells, Shula, and Herm Edwards

(just kidding).......Herm is an idiot but makes for good television

Imagine if the Giants kept Lombardi, Landry and Belichick.

Fuck Giants could have 9 SBs to their name.

Exactly man....back when I first found out they were ex Giants coaches...I was reading a book from my junior high school library about the Giants Glory Years...it was sometime around 76 or 77....and I almost puked. I was surrounded in a sea of Broke Back and Steal Her fans. Talk about anger and misery combined. :cry::ranting2: And George Young thought Belichick was a cipher...go figure. :facepalm:

Parcells and Belichick don't belong on it. You can put them in the sand below mount rushmore.

Paul Brown

Tom Landry

Vince Lombardi

George Halas

I'll put Bill Walsh up there too.

I hate Walsh with a passion....but he belongs on the mountain top.

If you knew what the Giants were like before he came, you would put Parcells face on there by itself.

Well with Walsh I guess. Together they dominated the 80's. Gibbs won the injury and strike years.

Overrated? hardly. Jets too were awful when he got there. Never had a head coach go .500 even.

Do you think Belicheck could've handled LT? Gimme a break.

If you knew what the Giants were like before he came, you would put Parcells face on there by itself.

Well with Walsh I guess. Together they dominated the 80's. Gibbs won the injury and strike years.

Overrated? hardly. Jets too were awful when he got there. Never had a head coach go .500 even.

Do you think Belicheck could've handled LT? Gimme a break.

The Tuna has literally built 5 franchises that had shit beforehand, into winners. What he did with the Jets and Miami, going from 1-15 teams to playoffs is pretty amazing.

He's a pretty damn good coach...hell..his finger prints are still over the Cowboys roster he built that team in 2 years.

Chuck Noll

Shula

Paul Brown

Tuna

Landry

Lombardi

Halas

Welsh

Belicek

Think "modern game" 1950 and later....

..........who else...and which 4 get cut in the mountain.

C. Wagon

Great post...this was real tough.

Brown....the first "modern" coach (film study)

Lombardi.....most prepared, discliplined, tough teams.

Walsh....teams are still playing his system

Belichick....defensive genius, and the heir apparent of Lombardi in terms of game preparation.

The Tuna has literally built 5 franchises that had shit beforehand, into winners. What he did with the Jets and Miami, going from 1-15 teams to playoffs is pretty amazing.

He's a pretty damn good coach...hell..his finger prints are still over the Cowboys roster he built that team in 2 years.

Great point....can't think of another coach with so many successful former assistants.