SportsWrath

Dream Team not so "dreamy"

BleedinBlue

Watched the first half of the Eagles/Steelers game last night and witnessed a complete ass kicking by Pittsburgh. From what I could tell, the eagles have only two problems to fix....their offense and their defense.

If this is a "dream team", I'd hate to see a nightmare team. They might look super on paper, but they look like crap in real life. I think it was a little early to declare them this years superbowl winner the way most sports pundits have done.

weak up the middle is a strange way to go.

poor tackles

poor lbers

poor safeties

but hey, they have the best corner to ever play in the AFC West.

The Eagles will be mediocre 14 times this year and world beaters when they play us.

It's only the pre-season bleedin. Our first game was nothing to talk about and I am sure their fans were saying the same thing. Now on a side note, I think their defense is going to struggle through out the year.

Did you watch any of the game? Vick was picked off 3 times and the Steelers simply marched down the field at will against them. I flipped over late in the game to see what the backups were like and Vince Young got picked off on the first play I saw....so I changed channels again.

Regardless....I know it's only preseason, but I expected the Eagles to put up a fight. There's been so much hype surrounding the team that it just made me laugh to see how completely out of sorts they were. Had they left the first string in, they would've lost 50-0.

weak up the middle is a strange way to go.

poor tackles

poor lbers

poor safeties

but hey, they have the best corner to ever play in the AFC West.

The Eagles will be mediocre 14 times this year and world beaters when they play us.

:furious: (you're right though)

Watched the first half of the Eagles/Steelers game last night and witnessed a complete ass kicking by Pittsburgh. From what I could tell, the eagles have only two problems to fix....their offense and their defense.

If this is a "dream team", I'd hate to see a nightmare team. They might look super on paper, but they look like crap in real life. I think it was a little early to declare them this years superbowl winner the way most sports pundits have done.

as it is too early to dismiss any team after one preseason game...the dog isn't sure why they even bother playing the preseason anymore...too much going through the motions...

It's only the pre-season bleedin. Our first game was nothing to talk about and I am sure their fans were saying the same thing. Now on a side note, I think their defense is going to struggle through out the year.

Thats what I've wondered about this Offseason Championship the Eagles supposedly won.... new parts up the middle on defense, and a new defensive scheme too? Thats not a team situation that is likely to lead to good thing.

All the talent at cornerback in the world means nothing if offenses will line up and make Asante and Nmandi tackle.

How fuckin awesome was that one play where Vick scrambled and broke a tackle then through a long pick to Polamalu and then 40 yards later Vick comes in with a hard hit

I was actually wonderin if I would see Vick come up off the turff holding his broken shoulder after that hit.

How fuckin awesome was that one play where Vick scrambled and broke a tackle then through a long pick to Polamalu and then 40 yards later Vick comes in with a hard hit

by 'hard hit' do you mean dove at his knees like a chump?

The Eagles may be in bigger trouble than they thought according to a couple of articles.

First (PFT.com):

"In need of line help, Eagles sign Reggie Wells

Maybe it’s just a case of the Eagles trying to improve the very bottom of their roster. Or perhaps it’s a sign that Philly’s troubled offensive line is in even more trouble than we think.

The Eagles announced Saturday they signed Reggie Wells. It’s a surprise because he was a backup last year behind two guys they didn’t bring back this year".

The from the Philadelphia Daily News:

"Reggie Wells??!! This o-line might be in way more trouble than we thought. . . . Don’t get Reggie Wells at all. Are they moving Herremans to tackle? Is Ryan Harris done?”

The Eagles don’t seem to have an solution at right tackle because of injuries. Harris and Winston Justice are both hurt. Our DE's should feast on that side of the line this year if it's really all that bad. And Vick absolutely sucks when he has no time to see the field.

Dream Team my ass!!

Come to think of it they did sign a lot of skill position players.. not too many linemen on either side of the ball. But I'm not gonna get my hopes up because they've been beating us anyway.. the Giants' #1 mission this season other than to win the SB should be to keep philly from doing so.

Come to think of it they did sign a lot of skill position players.. not too many linemen on either side of the ball. But I'm not gonna get my hopes up because they've been beating us anyway.. the Giants' #1 mission this season other than to win the SB should be to keep philly from doing so.

Agreed beat Philly