SportsWrath

Dream Team not so "dreamy"

BleedinBlue

Forgetting the Eagles for a second, considering we just lost our best possession receiver, it was a little annoying to see someone like Cotchery out there with the Steelers. I mean, he wouldn't be worth a gamble for us?

Is he really better than Hixon?

All teams are 'rusty' in pre season (especially in this shortened off season), and no team shows their full hand in pre season either. Most teams that suck or excel in the pre season do the complete opposite during the regular season. The Eagles (and Vick) will not be as bad as they were against the Steelers, and the Steelers will not roll over every opponent they way they did the Eagles. Let's have this same conversation after week 8.

Thats game was amazing. Launched Toomer's career.

It's a good thing for us there wasn't replay yet though. ;)

-Z

that was a TD no question. My heart stopped when one of the refs signaled Toomer was out of bounds or didn't have his feet in.. then the other ref came running over-ruling him calling it a touchdown.

All teams are 'rusty' in pre season (especially in this shortened off season), and no team shows their full hand in pre season either. Most teams that suck or excel in the pre season do the complete opposite during the regular season. The Eagles (and Vick) will not be as bad as they were against the Steelers, and the Steelers will not roll over every opponent they way they did the Eagles. Let's have this same conversation after week 8.

I dunno man, that OLine is in trouble. Even if you're just running basic plays you still block pass rushers and don't panic-throw into triple coverage. Not positive signs at all.

that was a TD no question. My heart stopped when one of the refs signaled Toomer was out of bounds or didn't have his feet in.. then the other ref came running over-ruling him calling it a touchdown.

I can't find a replay now but I remember the replays pretty clearly showing Toomer only got one foot in.

Come to think of it Bronco games at Giants Stadium have been absolutely fantastic. The 2005 game Eli, backpedaling 10 yards deep in the backfield away from John Lynch, found Toomer (again) at the buzzer . I was at that game, never seen a crowd in person go quite so crazy. I remember on the slow walk out of the stadium everyone was just shrieking EEEEEELLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII on the top of their lungs....

On a side note, that was the first NFL game I ever saw in person, which kind of set the bar pretty high as far as excitement goes. But the second game I went to was also fantastic as it was the Eagles game where we absolutely plowed over McNabb and had like 12 sacks or something. (Then my next game was a completely uneventful Lions game last year so I guess there's probability kicking in.)

-Z

I can't find a replay now but I remember the replays pretty clearly showing Toomer only got one foot in.

Come to think of it Bronco games at Giants Stadium have been absolutely fantastic. The 2005 game Eli, backpedaling 10 yards deep in the backfield away from John Lynch, found Toomer (again) at the buzzer . I was at that game, never seen a crowd in person go quite so crazy. I remember on the slow walk out of the stadium everyone was just shrieking EEEEEELLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII on the top of their lungs....

On a side note, that was the first NFL game I ever saw in person, which kind of set the bar pretty high as far as excitement goes. But the second game I went to was also fantastic as it was the Eagles game where we absolutely plowed over McNabb and had like 12 sacks or something. (Then my next game was a completely uneventful Lions game last year so I guess there's probability kicking in.)

-Z

I have the play memorized (Graham to Toomer). Toomer had both feet in.. Great Catch. But yea I can see how your first 2 games at the stadium can set the bar too high. Oddly enough I prefer watching the game from the comfort of my couch or at a bar with friends. There's so much you get in terms of replays.. analysis etc from TV that you won't get going there live.. and of course you get to save a couple of dollars.

I dunno man, that OLine is in trouble. Even if you're just running basic plays you still block pass rushers and don't panic-throw into triple coverage. Not positive signs at all.

I hope you're right. I hope they suck balls.

I've always felt the pre season was all just smoke and mirrors anyway. Like all these 'great teams on paper' build up the hype in the media. Then when they get in the locker room it's like 'now guys, you run at half speed. Let's not give anything away, and let everyone think we suck. Then we hit 'em with everything we've got in the regular season'. Aside from the later quarters where they actually get to evaluate the non starters, pre season in a joke.

Not only that but Vick is still rolling out to the same side far too predictably. Any good defense will be exploiting this weakness unless he changes, which is unlikely. I get the feeling that Vick will revert back to RB Vick when the wheels start falling off.