SportsWrath

TE

jranieli

What are the Giants going to do now? I am so confused. I would have never thought they would have let Boss go. I can't tell you how I feel. More disappointed than anything. He was one guy who I thought would have been re-signed before anyone. I really don't think Pascoe and that other guy who sucks are the solution.

What are the Giants going to do now? I am so confused. I would have never thought they would have let Boss go. I can't tell you how I feel. More disappointed than anything. He was one guy who I thought would have been re-signed before anyone. I really don't think Pascoe and that other guy who sucks are the solution.

I think Boss really loved the Giants, but was anxious to make big bucks and be close to home and his family....and of course, the 49'rs are the closest team to his home, well....maybe Seattle.

Anyway...we have some young talent, but I suspect the Giants are already shaking the bushes for a vet and by the time teams trim to 53, there'll be some vets out there wanting to play. And, there's always a chance that the Giants will try to snatch Carlson from Seattle now that they've picked up Zach Miller as their go-to guy so Carlson should be available for the right price. Carlson would be an upgrade over Boss (IMHO). Just hope he doesn't expect to make the kind of money Boss just pulled in.

Here is another thing to consider. Kevin Boss and his concussion history. It may be good for us to let him go because the next one may end his career . Also by working out the TE's we have now would have them up to speed now as opposed to say trying to do it in the 7th game of the season. I am not saying I am happy with the Te's we have now but I would like for use to grab a bigger TE. Btw did Carlson sign with anyone yet?

I don't think Carlson has been cut. I agree on the concussion history. Maybe it wasn't in the Giants interest to re-sign him but I am not happy with the current TE's.

Agreed, Carlson has not been cut. He is under contract with the Seahawks and there is no guarantee they will cut him. The speculation is that they would cut him after the signing of Zach Miller but there is no law that says they can't keep both.

Per Rotoworld, Carlson's contract is for only $620,500 this year. After this season, he will be a free agent. Translation: Don't hold your breath he will be cut.

Agreed, Carlson has not been cut. He is under contract with the Seahawks and there is no guarantee they will cut him. The speculation is that they would cut him after the signing of Zach Miller but there is no law that says they can't keep both.

Per Rotoworld, Carlson's contract is for only $620,500 this year. After this season, he will be a free agent. Translation: Don't hold your breath he will be cut.

No, but they'd probably trade him cheap. I guess that would depend on what kind of contract he was looking for next year.

The Giants need a good TE for the one time every game Eli throws to them.

exactly, we might has well play with 6 offensive lineman. Thing is Boss dropped passes when thrown too last year 11 drops, 17% of the balls thrown his way. No big deal, but if we didn't want him back, we should of least targeted another TE, Greg Olsen, he gets traded out of nowhere to Carolina. He would of looked nice in Big Blue. Not Carolina Blue.