SportsWrath

Osi is officially the stupidest man in football.

fishgutmartyr

Linky

The next fight in the Osi Umenyiora war is apparently going to be the Battle of Wounded Knee.

The latest shot was fired earlier tonight when the disgruntled defensive end refused to practice because, according to a Giants spokesman, "he says he has a sore knee." Umenyiora also told the Giants he might “need” surgery on that knee to repair a torn meniscus, according to a source familiar with his situation. If he does, he’d be likely to miss at least some regular-season games.

Though the team had no official comment on Umenyiora’s injury, the fact they said “he says” he’s injured was a good indication that they don’t believe him – or at least that they’re skeptical of the extent of the injury. It seems more likely – if not obvious – it’s just an excuse to sit out of practice until the Giants decide to re-do his contract or trade him to a team that will.

According to a team source, the Giants still have no intention of doing either, and while they don’t believe he needs immediate surgery they likely won’t stand in his way if he decides to go to that extreme. That could be their way of calling Umenyiora’s bluff. After all, he’s seeking a contract worth $10 million per season, but that will be hard to get if he hits age 30 (in November) having had a second knee surgery, plus recent hip surgery, all within the last three years.

The two-time Pro Bowl defensive end has had issues with his left knee in the past. He suffered torn cartilage during a preseason game in 2008 and needed surgery that forced him to miss the entire season. He’s complained of pain and discomfort in the knee many times since, though he still was able to play all 16 games each of the last two years.

Aside from lowering his trade value and almost guaranteeing no chance of a huge contract when this shit is over, he set himself up for some real problems. If I were Reese, I would ship his ass on to IR, let him sit out the year and get him off of the cap, and if he didn't GET the surgery, sue his stupid ass for breach of contract. Then he can try to get his fucking contract after sitting out yet another year, over 30, and with two knee surgeries and a chronic hip problem. Or wind up with such a bad reputation among front offices around the league that he has to pay for his own fucking uniform for his next team.

LOL. Talk about playing this all wrong.

Dear Osi:

Please think before you speak.

Regards,

Nas

P.S. A torn meniscus is not something you need to attend to immediately... it doesn't even hurt WHILE you're playing. It hurts after the game and you're good to go again after 2 days rest. In other words, said injury can wait till AFTER the season.

While Osi is whining and wanting to be paid like a premier DE, DeMarcus Ware restructured his contract and trimmed it by several million just to help the team out. I hate the cowboys, but that is a complete class act.

From PFT.....Antonio Pierce gives his 2 centavos on Osi:

One of Osi Umenyiora’s former teammates says the Giants are doing the right thing by forcing him to play on his current contract, and Umenyiora needs to suck it up and play.

Antonio Pierce, who played alongside Umenyiora on the Giants’ defense from 2005 to 2009, said on ESPN Radio this morning that he doesn’t think the Giants will cave.

“It’s kind of hard to say I’m on Osi’s side,” Pierce said. “I understand it from the players’ side, but from the ownership side, they’re doing the right thing. They understand that there are some medical issues with Osi, maybe he doesn’t have a lot of good years left with his health and his body. The guy’s been very productive, but Osi needs to make his mind and say, ‘I might not go out there and get money like I think I can. I might not get Charles Johnson money. Maybe I need to settle for the $7 or $8 million I’m getting the next two years.’ So really I’m not on Osi’s side on this one.”

Pierce said Umenyiora made a tactical mistake in trying to get a new contract now, when he’s going to turn 30 this season and has questions about his health. Pierce believes Umenyiora could have gotten a better deal from the Giants earlier in his career, but now that ship has sailed.

Still, Pierce thinks Giants G.M. Jerry Reese and coach Tom Coughlin may reach the point where they don’t want to deal with the disgruntled Umenyiora, and as a result it’s still possible that he’ll get his wish of getting traded. According to Pierce, that’s what happened with ex-Giants tight end Jeremy Shockey: Eventually, Shockey’s unhappiness became a distraction in the Giants’ locker room, and that’s why he was traded.

Pierce is right that Umenyiora isn’t going to get the new contract he wants from the Giants. But it’s hard not to think that Pierce’s blunt talk about a former teammate’s contract status will make him about as welcome in the Giants’ locker room as Tiki Barber.

They made a great point on NFLN that Osi already got the Giants to tear up his rookie contract to give him the one he's on now, which frontloaded a lot of the $41 million. He's not holding up his end of the LAST renegotiation so why should they cave to him again now?

They made a great point on NFLN that Osi already got the Giants to tear up his rookie contract to give him the one he's on now, which frontloaded a lot of the $41 million. He's not holding up his end of the LAST renegotiation so why should they cave to him again now?

We're always reading about people who have fell into millions, but end up broke (Hammer, Tyson, etc.) and I also think of Plaxico who was always in deep shit financially even though he made millions each year and was one of the highest paid WR's in the game. Some people just can't manage money no matter how much they make. I am starting to think that Osi might be a lot like Plax and has overspent, under-invested, didn't put aside taxes, and is a complete moron with his money. The first thing that comes to mind is not real, but in the movie Jurassic Park in which tubby boy tried to sell vials of new dinosaurs because he couldn't handle his personal finances.

Regardless.....it's awfully hard to feel sorry for millionaires playing a game for a living complaining about not making enough money. There are athletes that made less than a million a year and retired multi-millionaires through sound financial management.

I had a Miniscus tear 3 years ago.....its no joke

Yes you can play on it, but it hurts like hell, and your knee can lock up completely at any given moment.......you never know when the flap is going to bend backwards and mobilize you

"Let ye who have not had a minscus tear throw the first stone"

Amazing this guy played so well last year with this disability..

I had a Miniscus tear 3 years ago.....its no joke

Yes you can play on it, but it hurts like hell, and your knee can lock up completely at any given moment.......you never know when the flap is going to bend backwards and mobilize you

"Let ye who have not had a minscus tear throw the first stone"

Amazing this guy played so well last year with this disability..

Actually it IS a joke. It took me 3 years to get it fixed because when I played I was fine.. didn't feel it at all. It was only after my knee cools down or when I wake up the next day that I limped.. and I only got it fixed when the pain took a lot more days to go away... unlike torn Achilles, my knee is back to full strength a year after the surgery. Sorry.. as I said before treatment for that kind of injury can actually wait till after the season.

So yes... Jack.. I have had those kind of injuries.. I played like a bro without the pay :)

Actually it IS a joke. It took me 3 years to get it fixed because when I played I was fine.. didn't feel it at all. It was only after my knee cools down or when I wake up the next day that I limped.. and I only got it fixed when the pain took a lot more days to go away... unlike torn Achilles, my knee is back to full strength a year after the surgery. Sorry.. as I said before treatment for that kind of injury can actually wait till after the season.

So yes... Jack.. I have had those kind of injuries.. I played like a bro without the pay :)

Its not a black and white injury

mine was torn in 3 places when they got in there

it depends on where its torn, how many places and to what extent

If your knee never locked while just walking around (no sports) yours was a minor tear

Osi's doctor is not going to operate without an MRI..........he'd face severe malpractice issues

Depends on the tear and what it does. I had a torn miniscus and it would only really act up about once or twice a year but when it did it was because the flap would kick up into the knee cap and fold over itself. It would swell up like a grapefruit and my knee couldn't bend.

But I bet pretty much every lineman and linebacker has some kind of miscus tear. Fixing it is not a big deal. They just trim off some. Of course if they get rid of all of it than it's not very good.

So I wouldn't be surprised at all if he has a miniscus tear but he could be lying about how bad the effects of it are.

While Osi is whining and wanting to be paid like a premier DE, DeMarcus Ware restructured his contract and trimmed it by several million just to help the team out. I hate the cowboys, but that is a complete class act.

From PFT.....Antonio Pierce gives his 2 centavos on Osi:

One of Osi Umenyiora’s former teammates says the Giants are doing the right thing by forcing him to play on his current contract, and Umenyiora needs to suck it up and play.

Antonio Pierce, who played alongside Umenyiora on the Giants’ defense from 2005 to 2009, said on ESPN Radio this morning that he doesn’t think the Giants will cave.

“It’s kind of hard to say I’m on Osi’s side,” Pierce said. “I understand it from the players’ side, but from the ownership side, they’re doing the right thing. They understand that there are some medical issues with Osi, maybe he doesn’t have a lot of good years left with his health and his body. The guy’s been very productive, but Osi needs to make his mind and say, ‘I might not go out there and get money like I think I can. I might not get Charles Johnson money. Maybe I need to settle for the $7 or $8 million I’m getting the next two years.’ So really I’m not on Osi’s side on this one.”

Pierce said Umenyiora made a tactical mistake in trying to get a new contract now, when he’s going to turn 30 this season and has questions about his health. Pierce believes Umenyiora could have gotten a better deal from the Giants earlier in his career, but now that ship has sailed.

Still, Pierce thinks Giants G.M. Jerry Reese and coach Tom Coughlin may reach the point where they don’t want to deal with the disgruntled Umenyiora, and as a result it’s still possible that he’ll get his wish of getting traded. According to Pierce, that’s what happened with ex-Giants tight end Jeremy Shockey: Eventually, Shockey’s unhappiness became a distraction in the Giants’ locker room, and that’s why he was traded.

Pierce is right that Umenyiora isn’t going to get the new contract he wants from the Giants. But it’s hard not to think that Pierce’s blunt talk about a former teammate’s contract status will make him about as welcome in the Giants’ locker room as Tiki Barber.

I'm beginning to reach the point where I do not want to deal with Coughlin and Reese

both could easily be replaced........I hear Matt Millen is waiting in the wings for the GM job LOL

Its not a black and white injury

mine was torn in 3 places when they got in there

it depends on where its torn, how many places and to what extent

If your knee never locked while just walking around (no sports) yours was a minor tear

Osi's doctor is not going to operate without an MRI..........he'd face severe malpractice issues

Mine was torn in 3 places too Jack... And yes it can be very painful.. just not WHILE you're being active. Point is if Osi had such injury the February would have been the time to get that fixed... and like Z said this is not what this thread is about.

I'm not going to argue your injury...........your obviously a muslim warrior

I will repeat, that Osi's doctor will not operate without a positive MRI......as for why he did not get it fixed............he probably figured his chances of a pre camp deals were higher without more surgery.....you cannot argue that

and it was one of the richest DE contracts in the league at the time. these things are always super frontloaded in favor of the player and then the back end is more favorable to the team. he's really a greedy asshole

I'm not going to argue your injury...........your obviously an muslim American warrior

I will repeat, that Osi's doctor will not operate without a positive MRI......as for why he did not get it fixed............he probably figured his chances of a pre camp deals were higher without more surgery.....you cannot argue that

Fixed :)

You played like a black guy?