SportsWrath

"Give me a new contract or trade me to a team who will"

BlueInCanada

http://www.giantsgab.com/2011/07/26/report-osi-umenyiora-to-hold-out/

According to WFAN, disgruntled Giants DE Osi Umenyiora is planning to hold out. Umenyiroa has made intentions clear: Give me a new contract, or trade me to a team who will.

The decision by Umenyiora to holdout comes just days after we reported that Giants co-owner John Mara told Umenyiora that he and Giants GM Jerry Reese need to talk “man-to-man.”

As of now, no meeting has been planned between Resse, the originization and Umenyiora, but management has said they plan to discuss the contract situation with the disgruntled Giants defensive end soon. John Mara also made it clear to Umenyiora that they would like to have him remain with the Giants. Things are about to get interesting.

Goodbye Osi, time for JPP to step up and take your place on the field.

Maybe we wont have to watch your late season vanishing acts anymore.

I like Osi a lot and he was a HUGE playmaker for us last year with 10 forced fumbles.

If his demands are reasonable, we should re-sign him.

If not, get a second-rounder from the Rams.

Osi 2010 stats.

September - October: 7 games.18 Tackles, 9 Sacks, 1 Pass Defended.

November - January. 9 games: 30 Tackles, 3.5 Sacks, 1 Pass Defended.

The guy went ghost in the last half of the season, imagine if he actually played up to the contract he wants.

Guest StrahansGap

Fuck him. Let Osi sit out and then put Steve Smith on the PUP list. This way we can keep Cofield....the only one that's not acting like a little bitch.

I like Osi. I don't care what anyone says he is underpaid. He had a great year last year and I hope he comes back. If he doesn't though, then we are in good shape with JPP, but they better resign Kiwi, too.

I'm not sure he had a great year.. yea he had good games but he (and others) failed to make stops when needed most... he disappears in the 2nd half of the season... Also I'm not too intrigued with him making more headlines than lady gaga.

JPP is going to be a better defensive end than Osi. And Tuck and Strahan made it so Osi could have any sort of career.

The guy has done nothing but bitch these past couple seasons. He doesn't play like a top 5 defensive end, what in the world makes him think he should be paid like one. I'd be hard pressed to even call him top 15.

Remember when somebody else forced 10 fumbles in a season... oh yeah, that's right, it's never happened in the history of the NFL. You guys are a bit hard on Osi. Yes, I think we have a stud in the making with JPP, but a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. Osi last year showed when he is healthy, he can play the run and the pass well. Sure, he didn't have as big a second half as the first, but all the games counted. And I'll tell you, a guy that can force that many turnovers is huge... just one of those fumbles can be the reason the team wins instead of loses. Osi is a sack artist. I can't fault the guy for wanting to be paid.

If this is it, I won't panic because of the presence of JPP, but I'll be holding my breath a bit, as well. And, I sure as hell would not want to have to line up against him on another team.