SportsWrath

Steve Smith

BIGBLUE01

I'm not a fan of the idea. We already have receivers similar to him... plus, if we do acquire a WR, I'd want it to be in free agency, not in a trade. And I'd want that free agent to be a big target at WR, a role that Barden has been unable to fill. More than likely the Panthers will want picks, and Reese does too good a job with the draft, I'd rather him keep ours to secure long term success with the franchise. The other thing is that CAR Steve Smith has been getting dinged up the last couple of years, and he is coming off a down year, even with what they had at QB, I think Smith would tell you he should've done more. We already have one Steve Smith who is a big question mark because of his knee injury (actually, he's a free agent), I don't think we need another one. If we're talking someone in free agency like Malcolm Floyd, Vincent Jackson, or Sidney Rice, sign me up if the price is right. A cheaper option might be Mike Sims-Walker.

I dont know if we need ANY help at the WR position IMO, just thought it was interesting they listed us as a good fit, and cant say I dont agree somewhat. But I like the options that you bring up Jim a lil better.

I'm going to help out on this one.

Hakeem Nicks, Mario Manningham, and a question mark. Steve Smith is not our 2nd or 3rd receiver. Steve Smith is a free agent. We'll see what happens with the lockout/appeals process/CBA negotiations, but here's a guy everybody just assumes he'll be resigned by us, and then the assumption is that he's going to be just as good as ever after coming off of microfracture knee surgery. Kenny Phillips wasn't the same coming off of his, and it was a long road back.

So if Steve Smith isn't there, who's your 3rd receiver? Michael Clayton? We got two catches out of him last year. Jerrell Jernigan... a undersized rook? Devin Thomas... the bust from the Redskins? Derek Hagan? Really? Ramses Barden.... I don't think so. I got it... the preseason wonder Victor Cruz! Domenik Hixon? He's a free agent as well as coming off of a serious injury/surgery too. All of these guys don't leave me feeling good about the position at all.

Even our #1 receiver Nicks... I love the guy, I think he's going to go down as the best WR to play in a Giants uniform, but he hasn't been able to play a 16 game schedule yet. We're getting something like 12 and a half to 13 games out of him the first two seasons... and we missed the playoffs by one game last year.

I think this position group needs a receiver badly, and with the drafting of Jernigan, I kind of think the play should be to assume we aren't going to get anything out of Smith this year, and go after a big target and move Manningham into the slot, and anything we get out of anyone else is a bonus.

He's an asshole,and not good for team chemistry. Why bring this douchebag into our locker room. We just drafted Jernigan who is lighting quick. This Steve Smith no longer has his biggest asset, which was speed. He's done. Why is this is even being discussed.?

He's an asshole,and not good for team chemistry. Why bring this douchebag into our locker room. We just drafted Jernigan who is lighting quick. This Steve Smith no longer has his biggest asset, which was speed. He's done. Why is this is even being discussed.?

Because I saw an article where they listed the Giants as a good fit for him. I found that surprising, but then kinda interesting at the same time.

Because I saw an article where they listed the Giants as a good fit for him. I found that surprising, but then kinda interesting at the same time.

i find your avatar interesting. let's discuss that.

Thanks, I like it too. Im thinkin the one on our left has implants, what about you? :smartass:

I know blu, Im diggin for stuff to post. <_<

well make sure it's topical, otherwise the "draft expert" will censure you.

I'd be hyped if we could sign Vincent Jackson.

San Diego, Franchised him and he'll be a Charger most likely. Once there is free agency, I think they already have a long term deal on the table to resign him. Malcolm Floyd will probably be available from San Diego. I wouldn't mind James Jones from GB has a slot guy, while Jernigan develops. Or we just resign Smith.

San Diego, Franchised him and he'll be a Charger most likely. Once there is free agency, I think they already have a long term deal on the table to resign him. Malcolm Floyd will probably be available from San Diego. I wouldn't mind James Jones from GB has a slot guy, while Jernigan develops. Or we just resign Smith.

James Jones is a one of those inconsistent WR.. He'll blow up the sheet in one game then he go Ghost on the rest.. i have this dude on my fantasy team last year and he can't even bank in while Driver was out.. the guy has slippery fingers..

James Jones is a one of those inconsistent WR.. He'll blow up the sheet in one game then he go Ghost on the rest.. i have this dude on my fantasy team last year and he can't even bank in while Driver was out.. the guy has slippery fingers..

he did have some drops. Rodgers has the best touch in the league too. He does have monster games though, he would try to run before maintaining the catch at times.

Malcolm Floyd wouldnt be bad.

another dude i had on my Fantasy last year... i was banking on him to go ape shit while VJ was out planting that money tree... he is a bit better than James Jones but wouldn't give you those #1 WR numbers you would hope for. I also have A.Gates on my fantasy as well so i really mentor these guys. Not sure if Rivers aim for Gates more cuz he's the security blanket which limit the throws to Floyd. I seriously don't think MF would give us any type of upgrade. I would wait for Barden instead..

anyways.. Steve Smith?? nah.. he'll cuss out Eli and mess up the chemistry..

Floyd was doing well until he got hurt... I think pulled a hammy, and came back from the injury before he was 100%. I think the talent is there, certainly well above Barden, but if there's a knock on him it's that he has been a bit fragile.

This.....as in big time egotistical ass clown.

Nobody in the Giants online community seems to think we have a receiver need. I have to ask them one question... who are our top 3 receivers?

Seriously? Nicks, Smith and Manningham.

There are more pressing needs than WR, namely LBer, where I would like them to sign Thomas Howard.

Let's get ourselves a running back that is actually semi-consistent before we look at adding an old, quickly becoming washed-up wide receiver who doesn't really add anything dynamic that we don't already have. In fact, Steve Smith (CAR) is a downgrade from every one of our first 3 wide receivers.