SportsWrath

Steve Smith

BIGBLUE01

Seriously? Nicks, Smith and Manningham.

There are more pressing needs than WR, namely LBer, where I would like them to sign Thomas Howard.

You didn't read my follow up post, huh, Hamp? Smith is not a Giant and even if they resign him is likely not going to be the player he was next year being less than a year removed from microfracture surgery.

You didn't read my follow up post, huh, Hamp? Smith is not a Giant and even if they resign him is likely not going to be the player he was next year being less than a year removed from microfracture surgery.

Smith isnt a Giant right now? :unsure:

I'm not sure, technically speaking, if he's a Giant right now. But his contract with the Giants is up... he's a free agent whenever they get this lockout stuff over with.

I coulda swore he had 1 more yr remaining. Hmmm....interesting. I would love to have OUR Smith back, but how effective can he be after the type of surgery he had?

Smith has been tendered. He wants to stay a Giant so I'm sure he'll accept the tender and work on the long term deal from there. At least, that's what he should do. A bad year for him to try to enter free agency with the season and his knee up in the air.

I hadn't realized he'd been tendered, thanks. You are right, the smart play for him is to sign the tender. However, that means we still have a WR that just went through microfracture surgery and to count on him for a major contribution this season is foolhardy.

Hopefully one of the other guys will step up.

I hadn't realized he'd been tendered, thanks. You are right, the smart play for him is to sign the tender. However, that means we still have a WR that just went through microfracture surgery and to count on him for a major contribution this season is foolhardy.

Hopefully one of the other guys will step up.

Like Barden....... :TU:

Ha, you got me there Jim. But regardless, I don't see Smith playing anywhere else this season (if there is a season).

Not that it really means anything, but he (our Steve Smith) has expressed nothing but love for the Giants (Team, organization, and fans) all over fb. I personally don't think he has any desire to play anywhere else.

Not that it really means anything, but he (our Steve Smith) has expressed nothing but love for the Giants (Team, organization, and fans) all over fb. I personally don't think he has any desire to play anywhere else.

Facebook? Are you on the Sportswrath page on Facebook?

But yeah, I agree, I see him talk about his love for the Gmen all the time on facebbok. Hes my friend. Just like Will Beatty. :P