SportsWrath

Brandon Jacobs Is Now The Starter In NY; Bradshaw Demoted

Mr. P

ok i know all about eli's fumble sunday night, but when osi gets a forced fumble do we talk about how careless the opposing qb was with the ball?

and if we take away the picks that should have been catches by the wr hes back down to his normal interception numbers.(i know i know... if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle)

some people like to dwell on the negative. he has been as spectacular this season as he has been careless. he's having a favre kind of season. high risk/high reward. i don't like to count the tips- as eli said "if i keep the ball down, they don't get tipped" also then you have to discount the TD passes that were the result of great individual effort of the receiver. Like a screen that goes for a TD.

He'll never be a 'surgeon' with the ball but he makes up for that in great instinct and field management. Easily the best QB in the NFC east and still underrated nationally.

ok i know all about eli's fumble sunday night, but when osi gets a forced fumble do we talk about how careless the opposing qb was with the ball?

and if we take away the picks that should have been catches by the wr hes back down to his normal interception numbers.

if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle :P

and if we take away the picks that should have been catches by the wr hes back down to his normal interception numbers.(i know i know... if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle)

While this is all true, the fact is, Osi made a good play...No one even touched Eli. And the carelessness is from bad plays by Eli...like the snap that went behind him and instead of just falling on it and living to fight another drive, he gave the ball to the other team in good field position trying to make a play (okay, can't fault him for trying to make a play but the point remains). And falling down and fumbling when no one even touched him? Pdoub, you know there is a world of difference between a DE slapping the ball out of Eli's hands from the blind side and Eli fumbling on his own...and it still doesn't take away from the interceptions that weren't his receivers fault...I count about 6 or so that were receivers fault and either hit their hands and bounced off or the receiver wasn't on the same page as Eli (which, despite Eli being a veteran, it's still debatable whether or not that bad route INTs were indeed receiver's fault)....so say we take away 6 picks....we still have 6 games left....so he's still on pace to break the 14 he had last year.

On a side note, does anyone know why Osi disappears during the second half of the season?

I think offensive linemen go into the season thinking "Oh by now Osi has atleast one more move then running 25 yards down field and hoping the QB is there" then when they realize he only does that, they let him do it.

I think offensive linemen go into the season thinking "Oh by now Osi has atleast one more move then running 25 yards down field and hoping the QB is there" then when they realize he only does that, they let him do it.

Thank God Tuck is the Michael Strahan to Osi's....Osi Umenyiora...or Osi would get zero sacks.

This is ridiculous. Osi's had a very good season both as a pass rusher and he's done well against the run. The reason the sack numbers are down is simply because prior to the Philadelphia game, opponents are game planning their offense around the defensive pass rush. Shorter routes and the QB is getting the ball out quickly. We have done a pretty good job still in getting pressure on the quarterback, with the exception of the second Dallas game. It's not all about the sacks, either... it's getting QB pressures and hits.

LOL!!! OK Osi let me just shepherd you five miles beyond my QB...we will just keep on dancing down the field. Ole. :laugh:

This is ridiculous. Osi's had a very good season both as a pass rusher and he's done well against the run. The reason the sack numbers are down is simply because prior to the Philadelphia game, opponents are game planning their offense around the defensive pass rush. Shorter routes and the QB is getting the ball out quickly. We have done a pretty good job still in getting pressure on the quarterback, with the exception of the second Dallas game. It's not all about the sacks, either... it's getting QB pressures and hits.

Vick was a getting alot of time too in the first half, they were running routes that take alot of time. We were lucky that Vick overthrew Jackson and Maclin dropped one in the end zone. Fewell made halftime adjustments though and we started wearing out their oline, in the second half we were hitting Vick and making him uncomfortable. Osi he almost made the play of the game by taking that pitch the other way himself, Osi still a great DE, he just OVERpursues a little. The thing is the LB's they have no gap control whatsoever and that worries me against Jones Drew

While this is all true, the fact is, Osi made a good play...No one even touched Eli. And the carelessness is from bad plays by Eli...like the snap that went behind him and instead of just falling on it and living to fight another drive, he gave the ball to the other team in good field position trying to make a play (okay, can't fault him for trying to make a play but the point remains). And falling down and fumbling when no one even touched him? Pdoub, you know there is a world of difference between a DE slapping the ball out of Eli's hands from the blind side and Eli fumbling on his own...and it still doesn't take away from the interceptions that weren't his receivers fault...I count about 6 or so that were receivers fault and either hit their hands and bounced off or the receiver wasn't on the same page as Eli (which, despite Eli being a veteran, it's still debatable whether or not that bad route INTs were indeed receiver's fault)....so say we take away 6 picks....we still have 6 games left....so he's still on pace to break the 14 he had last year.

yeah thats why i mentioned the fumble from sunday night, making it clear i was talking about other fumbles.

The Giants defense is going to kick the shit out of the Jaguars.....the only thing standing in the way will be the offense and their inability to protect the ball.

This game will be closer than it needs to be, but only because we decide to put the ball in the air with 2 TD lead in the 4th quarter.

is it really not clear that im talking about the ones that are sack/stripped?

When were we even talking about Eli being careless with the ball when he gets sacked and stripped? Would it even make sense to talk about other QBs playing for teams we don't cheer for being careless with the ball when sacked/stripped? That's for analysts and the other fans to do (which they do, too)

I'll venture most of us are talking about his carelessness in those two specific fumbles and in all his god awful picks this year.

What are you trying to say here? That we shouldn't harp on Eli for his mistakes this season because a few times DEs made a nice play?

And besides, stepping up in the pocket and feeling the rush are skills a QB needs to have, anyway. So at times, a sack/strip is indeed a QB being careless.

Not even sure why a comparison is being made between a guy who runs for a first down untouched and falls down and fumbles the ball, as opposed to a de stripping a qb of the ball. I don't blame Eli if this happens because he has to hold the ball in a way in order to throw it.

Tough crowd. Poor Eli's been getting hammered. Can we put that clusterfuck of a game behind us now? it's not like the defense didn't give up a 50 yard TD on 4th down.

Can we give Philly a little credit here on this one, though? Seriously? 4th and 1 and you call a pitch with a fake when the entire sports world is expecting the run up the gut or Mike Vick QB sneak? I'll give the D a slide here because no one in their right mind calls that play...lord knows everyone is giving Eli a slide every time he fucks up and makes the game nearly unwinnable.

Can we give Philly a little credit here on this one, though? Seriously? 4th and 1 and you call a pitch with a fake when the entire sports world is expecting the run up the gut or Mike Vick QB sneak? I'll give the D a slide here because no one in their right mind calls that play...lord knows everyone is giving Eli a slide every time he fucks up and makes the game nearly unwinnable.

It's only a great play because it worked... they were more lucky than good.

It's only a great play because it worked... they were more lucky than good.

Hmm, I disagree. And if that was a Gilbride call, it'd be an excellent call, too....instead Gilbride always goes with the Jacobs dive on 4th and 1....totally unexpected :rolleyes:

Good call and if Boley had played his position properly it wouldn't have been a TD. Too bad OSI wasn't a milli-second faster.