SportsWrath

Brandon Jacobs Is Now The Starter In NY; Bradshaw Demoted

Mr. P

RB Brandon Jacobs is now the #NYG starter, Tom Coughlin said. Bradshaw's fumbles cost him his job.

Coughlin said Bradshaw will still get plenty of carries. DJ Ware may get some, too.

http://twitter.com/TheBlueScreen

At the beginning of the season I still wanted Jacobs to start, Bradshaw has ran the ball well but the fumbles have pissed me right off. It's more to send a message than anything though.

Yea.. that helps. we have to make announcements. Bradshaw tries to do too much.. he refused to go down.. and the downside to that is ball gets stripped/fumbles. I think the team could do better without annoucing someone's demotion. The guy had a bad game.. so did Eli.. and BJ... me thinks having 2/5's of your Oline gone can do that to an otherwise explosive team.

Thanks Coughlin... it's never your brutal practices that keep producing injuries.. it's never bad coaching that lets Eli sit on the bench during a long drive by an opposing team as though he shouldn't be tossing the ball on the sidelines to stay warm. :doh:

Jacobs to take over Giants' starting running back role from fumble-prone Bradshaw

Ahmad Bradshaw vowed to get a grip on his fumbling issues. Wednesday, he'll have to get a grip on a new reality: he's no longer the Giants' starting running back.

Tom Coughlin announced during his Wednesday practice Brandon Jacobs will be the starter this weekend against the Jaguars after Bradshaw fumbled for the sixth time this season in Sunday's loss to the Eagles.

The No. 1 consideration is to try to stop beating ourselves," Coughlin said. "That's one area we should be able to improve. It's very frustrating not to improve in that area."

Coughlin did caution "there are plenty of carries to go around."

Try telling that to Bradshaw.

"He's not happy," Coughlin said. "But he's going to fight his way through it. Why it would be a total surprise to anybody is beyond me."

Coughlin was asked if he has to start telling Bradshaw not to fight for extra yards, which is when his fumbling issues often arise.

"Yes, you can say that, but you don't want to take that away from him. All the great ones, the pile moves and that type of thing," Coughlin said. "Now, the simple fact of the matter is, with the amount of exposure in this league, every team in the league goes for the ball. You see people, they're not even worried about tackling. They're just trying to grab the ball. ... The absolute ball-secure position, no matter whether you're striving for extra yards or what, has to be the No. 1 priority. But it's easier said than done."

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2010/11/brandon_jacobs_to_take_over_gi.html

Yea.. that helps. we have to make announcements. Bradshaw tries to do too much.. he refused to go down.. and the downside to that is ball gets stripped/fumbles. I think the team could do better without annoucing someone's demotion. The guy had a bad game.. so did Eli.. and BJ... me thinks having 2/5's of your Oline gone can do that to an otherwise explosive team.

Thanks Coughlin... it's never your brutal practices that keep producing injuries.. it's never bad coaching that lets Eli sit on the bench during a long drive by an opposing team as though he shouldn't be tossing the ball on the sidelines to stay warm. :doh:

Say what?

Any link to back any of these claims up?

Oh wait, it's Nas....I'm an idiot.

Please, enrich us on how you'd toss the ol' pigskin around the day after Thanksgiving in Park Slope, Brooklyn and how you use to keep your arm lively by tossing 20 yard howitzers to friends.

Any link to back any of these claims up?

Oh wait, it's Nas....I'm an idiot.

Please, enrich us on how you'd toss the ol' pigskin around the day after Thanksgiving in Park Slope, Brooklyn and how you use to keep your arm lively by tossing 20 yard howitzers to friends.

Ha? Coughlin is known for having hard practices. Steve Smith's injury was during practice in the first place. The rash of injuries can be partly attributed to bad practices by way of warm ups/stretching. When the opposing team is having a long drive.. your QB shouldn't be sitting there in the cold for that long.. his body ought to stay warm.. muscles strateched etc..

NOTICE: Eli throws high early on in games.. and less frequently during the latter part... he's not warmed enough.

Ha? Coughlin is known for having hard practices. Steve Smith's injury was during practice in the first place. The rash of injuries can be partly attributed to bad practices by way of warm ups/stretching. When the opposing team is having a long drive.. your QB shouldn't be sitting there in the cold for that long.. his body ought to stay warm.. muscles strateched etc..

NOTICE: Eli throws high early on in games.. and less frequently during the latter part... he's not warmed enough.

If your claims are true, which if they are....they'd be picked up by Mike Garafalo, Ralph Vacciano, Paul Schwartz and they'd be echoed by the players.

Have you heard anything about Coughlin's hard practices late in the season aside from 2006 when it was Tiki Barber bitching and throwing a hissy fit?

Eli throws high during games because he throws off his back foot and trusts his arm too much, not because he isn't warmed up enough. Talk about a lame excuse for Manning's bad game against the Eagles.

Link

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Frustrated with the fumbles and turnovers, Tom Coughlin said Brandon Jacobs will start ahead of Ahmad Bradshaw against the Jacksonville Jaguars on Sunday.

Bradshaw lost his fifth fumble of the season in Sunday night's loss to the Eagles as the Giants turned the ball over five times. The Giants lead the NFL with 30 turnovers. "We are going to have Brandon start this week but as I said the other day, there are plenty of carries to go around," Coughlin said. "The number one consideration is to try and stop beating yourself. It is very frustrating." Coughlin said both running backs will still share carries and third running back D.J. Ware will see some carries as well. When asked if Jacobs will remain the starter, Coughlin replied, "We are going to play this game." Ohm Youngmisuk covers the Giants for ESPNNewYork.com.

In other words, Coughlin threatens to keep Bradshaw from breaking Tiki Barbers' record for fumbles in a single season.

Thank God and a game too late.

If your claims are true, which if they are....they'd be picked up by Mike Garafalo, Ralph Vacciano, Paul Schwartz and they'd be echoed by the players.

Have you heard anything about Coughlin's hard practices late in the season aside from 2006 when it was Tiki Barber bitching and throwing a hissy fit?

Eli throws high during games because he throws off his back foot and trusts his arm too much, not because he isn't warmed up enough. Talk about a lame excuse for Manning's bad game against the Eagles.

and so week in and week out he continues to make the mistake of "trusting his arm too much" and throwing off his back foot? no offense, but the dog thinks this is just as indefensible as nas' comments. perhaps eli just has inconsistent mechanics in general...oh wait, the dog has been arguing for years about his inconsistency, to no avail. hmmmm.....

and so week in and week out he continues to make the mistake of "trusting his arm too much" and throwing off his back foot? no offense, but the dog thinks this is just as indefensible as nas' comments. perhaps eli just has inconsistent mechanics in general...oh wait, the dog has been arguing for years about his inconsistency, to no avail. hmmmm.....

in a thread about jacobs being made a starter, you choose to cap on eli. this was your golden opportunity to bestow us with more of your brandon brilliance. you're amazing dog, have a happy thanksgiving. thumbsup.gif

Every quarterback thinks he can make every single pass lol.

How many mistakes did Peyton make against the Patriots...he threw off his back foot a number of times. Sometimes you HAVE to do it, there's just no way around it. I think Eli just thinks too much, just let the man play.

no excuses. Manning had a bad game.. oh and he hand no running game either. Eli has a habit of having his best games in fair to warm weather and his game slows down in colder weather.. the exception was NFC championship game in GB... I bet he warmed up a lot.

No he doesn't. His throwing motion is consistent.. his accuracy has gotten better each year. Anyone who's played as much as pick up game of basketball knows you have to warm... and as you get older your ass better really warm up. For the record I still like Eli..

now if they kept a constant camera on the sideline the entire time our defense was on the field you maybe could have a point.

and smith injured himself stretching out for a pass in practice. if you think throwing and catching the football is too tough of a practice then you are insane.

So anybody have Bradshaw's Facebook/Twitter/E-Mail address so I can send him my 2 Tiki pics. Bradshaw needs to get another RB coach to help him because Ingram so far has let him down. Call Tiki or Anderson already and get your ball position fixed Bradshaw.

Bullshit. There's plenty on here that have been saying the same thing for a long time, myself included. Just because people ignore your trolling doesn't mean they deny Eli's faults.

I'm not surprised. Love the kid, but Bradshaw is reckless with the ball, and it's one of the reasons we lost to Philly.

That being said, I still want Bradshaw out on the field.....he shot be lined up outside....he could be very dangerous catching passes in the flat.

Followed by a fumble...

I'm not surprised. Love the kid, but Bradshaw is reckless with the ball, and it's one of the reasons we lost to Philly.

That being said, I still want Bradshaw out on the field.....he shot be lined up outside....he could be very dangerous catching passes in the flat.

no excuses. Manning had a bad game.. oh and he hand no running game either. Eli has a habit of having his best games in fair to warm weather and his game slows down in colder weather.. the exception was NFC championship game in GB... I bet he warmed up a lot.

Exactly.....something you and I pointed out.

Funny how when Eli has a bad game, all the usual suspects come out and harp on it. But just checking around the league, all the best QBs have lost this year, and looked quite average at times.

Fact is, the offense is banged up, and the defense is healthy....time to eliminate the turnovers, play smart ball, and rely on the defense to end this skid.

Bullshit. There's plenty on here that have been saying the same thing for a long time, myself included. Just because people ignore your trolling doesn't mean they deny Eli's faults.

perhaps you should mosey on over to the countless threads proclaiming him a top 5 qb and an elite qb...the dog is just saying, he is inconsistent in his performance, a solid but not elite qb...etc...etc...your wrapped so tight. relax, all is not lost. the season is still young. besides, you argued very strongly two years ago that everything after the super bowl win in 07 was "just gravy." so the dog suggests you sit back and happily slurp up the gravy you love so much.

perhaps you should mosey on over to the countless threads proclaiming him a top 5 qb and an elite qb...the dog is just saying, he is inconsistent in his performance, a solid but not elite qb...etc...etc...your wrapped so tight. relax, all is not lost. the season is still young. besides, you argued very strongly two years ago that everything after the super bowl win in 07 was "just gravy." so the dog suggests you sit back and happily slurp up the gravy you love so much.

Perhaps you should mosey over to the same threads and see the numerous posters who disagreed before proclaiming yourself the lone voice of reason on this board...again.

And for the record I'm not concerned about us making the playoffs...yet. I never expect us to sweep the division.

now if they kept a constant camera on the sideline the entire time our defense was on the field you maybe could have a point.

and smith injured himself stretching out for a pass in practice. if you think throwing and catching the football is too tough of a practice then you are insane.

wow, you mean to tell me you didn't see Eli sitting on the bench?