SportsWrath

Brandon Jacobs Is Now The Starter In NY; Bradshaw Demoted

Mr. P

Honestly, I'd start DJ Ware.

Jacobs has been better recently, but not by much. He hasn't done enough to start over Bradshaw, who has often fumbled when he's trying to get extra yards, something Jacobs hasn't and can't seem to do. Fuck me, when you have a 260lb guy as your rb and he can't even get a crucial 4th and inches with our offensive line, it's not good. If you're going to promote someone, give Ware the chance. He might be able to catch the Jags off guard as they won't be paying attention to him. They know full well what to expect with Jacobs. Ware might be the change of pace guy that we're missing since Ward left, he might not, but fuck it's worth a shot.

I mean, we will be playing Sunday with mainly a 2nd string on offense, so why not go balls out with them.

you mean to tell me you had a view of the sidelines the entire time the defense was on the field?

I don't have to. Cameras pay attention when a QB throws the ball on the sideline. The image they showed of him was of him sitting down. I'm not trying to bash Eli.. I'm probably his biggest fan on here... I'm just stating my observations.

Honestly, I'd start DJ Ware.

Jacobs has been better recently, but not by much. He hasn't done enough to start over Bradshaw, who has often fumbled when he's trying to get extra yards, something Jacobs hasn't and can't seem to do. Fuck me, when you have a 260lb guy as your rb and he can't even get a crucial 4th and inches with our offensive line, it's not good. If you're going to promote someone, give Ware the chance. He might be able to catch the Jags off guard as they won't be paying attention to him. They know full well what to expect with Jacobs. Ware might be the change of pace guy that we're missing since Ward left, he might not, but fuck it's worth a shot.

I mean, we will be playing Sunday with mainly a 2nd string on offense, so why not go balls out with them.

You may be on to something Boo. I definitely love the idea.

I don't have to. Cameras pay attention when a QB throws the ball on the sideline. The image they showed of him was of him sitting down. I'm not trying to bash Eli.. I'm probably his biggest fan on here... I'm just stating my observations.

cameras pay attention when a backup qb throws the ball on the sideline because it implies a change of qb may be happening, games hardly ever just show the regular qb tossing the ball around on the sideline.

its just stupid to think that since you didnt see him throwing it on the sideline that he didnt throw it on the sideline.

thats like me assuming that jack bauer never took a piss or a shit on the tv series 24 because they never showed him doing so.

When Brees was having trouble it was because Bush was hurt.

When Peyton struggles it's because he has a group full of scrubs to throw to.

When Rodgers had a few bad games it was because his offensive line was decimated.

When Philip Rivers struggled early it was because he wasn't on the same page with his receivers because Vincent Jackson was holding out.

When Eli Manning struggles it's because he's inconsistent and over rated.

Eli has been dealing with a patch work oline, make shit receivers and a starting running back unable to hold onto the ball. Some of the int's are inexcusable, the fumble sunday night was terrible. But coming out of the woodwork and using this season as a bases to rate how good he is is moronic and immature.

When Rodgers had a few bad games it was because his offensive line was decimated.

When Philip Rivers struggled early it was because he wasn't on the same page with his receivers because Vincent Jackson was holding out.

Eli has been dealing with a patch work oline, make shit receivers and a starting running back unable to hold onto the ball. Some of the int's are inexcusable, the fumble sunday night was terrible. But coming out of the woodwork and using this season as a bases to rate how good he is is moronic and immature.

we're always more critical of our own. if you went to SD or NO sites, you'd see the same crap. you'd probably see shitdog trolling those sites too.

No offense but after 7 years in the league, this is about the right year to judge him. His patchwork oline as you call them has overall done a very good job protecting him, what they've struggled with is setting up the run. It might seem unfair to you, but some of these mistakes he's making this year, are his mistakes!!. As the experienced qb on the team, sometimes he needs to throw a better ball to these younger receivers who are too anxious to make the play without making the catch, something that I won't excuse them for when they are 7 years in the league. Some of his passes to Boss at times have been down right dangerous. If you look at the guys you listed above, some of those reasons are far more serious than you may want to believe. Vincent Jackson is a huge loss for the Chargers, Reggie Bush is a huge loss for the Saints because he affects the game plan in 2 areas. Rodgers may have had issues with his oline, but he also lost his starting running back for the year. We'll see now these next few weeks what Eli can do, but now he's got to step forward, he's got no choice.

I agree.....I think the best time to judge the players and the team is after the season is over.

The 2007 squad wasn't exactly setting the world on fire at this point in their season.....and as far as the majority was concerned, Eli was still tagged with a "bust" label.

I was watching an interview with Kevin Gilbride today and a reporter asked a question about the high throws.

His response, nearly before the guy finished the sentence was "the receivers are not getting the proper depth on their routes."

Pretty damning if you ask me. Not absolving Eli by any means....just interesting he'd bring it up.

No offense but after 7 years in the league, this is about the right year to judge him. His patchwork oline as you call them has overall done a very good job protecting him, what they've struggled with is setting up the run. It might seem unfair to you, but some of these mistakes he's making this year, are his mistakes!!. As the experienced qb on the team, sometimes he needs to throw a better ball to these younger receivers who are too anxious to make the play without making the catch, something that I won't excuse them for when they are 7 years in the league. Some of his passes to Boss at times have been down right dangerous. If you look at the guys you listed above, some of those reasons are far more serious than you may want to believe. Vincent Jackson is a huge loss for the Chargers, Reggie Bush is a huge loss for the Saints because he affects the game plan in 2 areas. Rodgers may have had issues with his oline, but he also lost his starting running back for the year. We'll see now these next few weeks what Eli can do, but now he's got to step forward, he's got no choice.

Brees has put up nearly identical stats to Eli, yet Bush means more to that team than Ohara, Smith, Deihl etc? Come on.

Amen, VG. As stated before I'm still a huge fan of Eli. He's a very solid QB. That fumble did take the air out of me but hey.. that was one of a series of fucks up by BOTH teams.

I spoke to Tom and Kevin a few minutes back, and after I explained to Kevin who DJ was, he was all for it. So we're going with DJ.

It's good to be in with management :thumbs:

Ok good, let me know if I need to make phone calls from my end :TU:

I was watching an interview with Kevin Gilbride today and a reporter asked a question about the high throws.

His response, nearly before the guy finished the sentence was "the receivers are not getting the proper depth on their routes."

Pretty damning if you ask me. Not absolving Eli by any means....just interesting he'd bring it up.

forgive me but sounds like Gil is full of shit. The QB throws the ball to where the receiver happens to be and rarely throws it to a spot. Maybe Gil can explain those balls that sail out of bounds while he's at it.

forgive me but sounds like Gil is full of shit. The QB throws the ball to where the receiver happens to be and rarely throws it to a spot. Maybe Gil can explain those balls that sail out of bounds while he's at it.

I don't nthink it's an excuse for all the bad throws, but the qb throws the ball where the wr is supposed to be. Often a qb throws the ball before a receiver makes his break. Thats why these guys make so much money, the timing, accuracy and decision making is world class, they practice for months on routes and timing.

I don't nthink it's an excuse for all the bad throws, but the qb throws the ball where the wr is supposed to be. Often a qb throws the ball before a receiver makes his break. Thats why these guys make so much money, the timing, accuracy and decision making is world class, they practice for months on routes and timing.

Yea it's not either or.. it's both. if it's a timing route yea.. but sometimes the receiver stops where the soft spot is and that's when the QB delivers. I've seen Eli throw lasers and I've seen him throw ducks. Just like any other QB

I mean cuz Gilbride is ONLY the offensive coordinator and all.....

That's just ridiculous. If that's true, Boss hasn't run the correct route since he's been here. If a D is playing zone, the WR is supposed to move into the hole in the zone, not a particular distance. Eli is not that robotic.

That's just ridiculous. If that's true, Boss hasn't run the correct route since he's been here. If a D is playing zone, the WR is supposed to move into the hole in the zone, not a particular distance. Eli is not that robotic.

That's what I'm saying.

Yes I agree....it seems too much of a cover for Eli by placing most if not all of the blame on the receivers. Plax caught a lot of the sailing take me awwwwaaaayyyy passes because of his height; and he ran decent routes. So I would say its a combination of Eli sometimes not having enough touch and at times the younger guys not running the correct routes. But how many times have we seen Steve Smith barely corral a pass that if it hit him in stride would garner him many yards after catch.