SportsWrath

Brandon Jacobs Is Now The Starter In NY; Bradshaw Demoted

Mr. P

That's not what I'm saying at all, reread your original argument.

Steve

I know what I posted, my meaning was that every other top teir qb gets the benefit of the doubt when it comes to injuries, Eli always gets the shaft no matter what the situation. Last year he put up incredible numbers, but there were few people saying he's an incredible qb, this year with the i njuries to his offensive line and wr's and a running game that puts the ball on the ground Eli hasn't played up to last years standard and he gets blasted. I get that it's new york, that he is a manning and was the top pick in the draft, but when someone who nis supposed to better than him (Brees) puts up near identical stats with much less of an injury bug, it's 'Oh, Reggie Bush is hurt". The same Reggie Bush people have been calling a bust for the last several years. And yeah the saints may have had other injuries, but the number one thing, if not the onloy thing mentioned is Bush.

Eli has played shitty at times, but when guys named Derek Haagan and Duke Calhoun are running routes, and 2nd and 3rd string lineman are blocking for him, I think he can get a bit of a pass.

I know what I posted, my meaning was that every other top teir qb gets the benefit of the doubt when it comes to injuries, Eli always gets the shaft no matter what the situation. Last year he put up incredible numbers, but there were few people saying he's an incredible qb, this year with the i njuries to his offensive line and wr's and a running game that puts the ball on the ground Eli hasn't played up to last years standard and he gets blasted. I get that it's new york, that he is a manning and was the top pick in the draft, but when someone who nis supposed to better than him (Brees) puts up near identical stats with much less of an injury bug, it's 'Oh, Reggie Bush is hurt". The same Reggie Bush people have been calling a bust for the last several years. And yeah the saints may have had other injuries, but the number one thing, if not the onloy thing mentioned is Bush.

Eli has played shitty at times, but when guys named Derek Haagan and Duke Calhoun are running routes, and 2nd and 3rd string lineman are blocking for him, I think he can get a bit of a pass.

Okay, let's take Reggie Bush and the saints out of the equation.

You keep saying "patchwork offensive line". Seriously VG, apart from the Colts game where Diehl and McKenzie got beat up, this offensive line has done a good job all year giving Eli protection. If you want to smack the oline for anything it's the running game, which has struggled because of all the movement. Seubert moving to center has hurt the running game, and the result of all this is that you have aguy like Bradshaw trying to make yards because of inferior blocking and he's getting the fucking ball stripped out because of that. Now the poor fucker is getting benched, and all he's done this year is give the best effort of anyone out there.

And hagan and Calhoun having been running routes "all of one game". Eli has thrown some awful passes this year with his top guys in there. Plus, he's the guy with the experience and the ball in his hands, don't you think it's time we worked on our short yardage accuracy a bit and not have guys running routes having to reach back for passes, or have a 6-5 tight end nearly getting killed on routes several times a year?

I'll finish later, gotta go to dinner, enjoy your thanksgiving man.

You keep saying "patchwork offensive line". Seriously VG, apart from the Colts game where Diehl and McKenzie got beat up, this offensive line has done a good job all year giving Eli protection. If you want to smack the oline for anything it's the running game, which has struggled because of all the movement. Seubert moving to center has hurt the running game, and the result of all this is that you have aguy like Bradshaw trying to make yards because of inferior blocking and he's getting the fucking ball stripped out because of that. Now the poor fucker is getting benched, and all he's done this year is give the best effort of anyone out there.

And hagan and Calhoun having been running routes "all of one game". Eli has thrown some awful passes this year with his top guys in there. Plus, he's the guy with the experience and the ball in his hands, don't you think it's time we worked on our short yardage accuracy a bit and not have guys running routes having to reach back for passes, or have a 6-5 tight end nearly getting killed on routes several times a year?

I said Patch work oline once.

Why take the saints out of the equation? Brees is unanimously considered one of the top 3 qb's, he's having a similar season as Eli.

Wasn't Bradshaw among the league leaders in rushing yards not long ago?

I'm not smart enough to say exactly how well the line has played, admitedly there have been times Eli has had a lot of time to throw, there have also been times he hasn't had much time. Could it be Eli is getting rid of the ball quicker because he knows he is mising members of the offensive line, thuis resulting in some errant throws?

Eli has always had trouble with the high pass, Plax, Shockey, Boss, doesn't matter, he can over throw them. Nothing new.

Smith has been out since the Cowboys game, we've lost the last 2 games, Eli has looked bad the last 2 games, Eli was having one of his better seasons, other than int's up until recently.

If Brees gets a pass for his shitty play without Bush, Eli gets a pass from me for his shitty play without his security blanket.

When Brees was having trouble it was because Bush was hurt.

When Peyton struggles it's because he has a group full of scrubs to throw to.

When Rodgers had a few bad games it was because his offensive line was decimated.

When Philip Rivers struggled early it was because he wasn't on the same page with his receivers because Vincent Jackson was holding out.

When Eli Manning struggles it's because he's inconsistent and over rated.

Eli has been dealing with a patch work oline, make shit receivers and a starting running back unable to hold onto the ball. Some of the int's are inexcusable, the fumble sunday night was terrible. But coming out of the woodwork and using this season as a bases to rate how good he is is moronic and immature.

Dude, he had Boss, Nicks, Manningham, Bradshaw, Jacobs. And the offensive line did fine. Other teams play fine and win a game here or there without starters. Hell, the Steelers won numerous without their STARTING QUARTERBACK. The Giants, for whatever reason, aren't a team that plays through injuries. And we see it nearly every year.

Eli did poor because he had a bad game. But he's been throwing bad interceptions all season.

Oh, and Eli is second in the league, behind Brett Favre, in interceptions thrown. So even though injuries just happened these last few weeks, a problem that's been plaguing Eli all season suddenly is because we have injuries?

This is the most ridiculous shit I've read.

It's time to stop making fucking excuses and hold players accountable. Eli needs to be FAR less careless with the ball. Bradshaw needs to hold on to the football. Jacobs needs to be sent to the Powderpuff Football League (PFL). Gilbride HAS to get better in the red zone (We score a TD early instead of a FG against the Eagles and that's a different ball game, folks). Fewell needs to develop game plans that work and stick with them. Osi needs to fix his disappearing act that occurs after the halfway mark of the season EVERY YEAR. Special teams needs to step the fuck up and makes some plays so we aren't spotting the opposition 40 yards every kick off/punt. Etc. Etc.

This team isn't nearly as good as you all want to believe.

:ranting2:

Not for nothing but stop suckin Eli's dick. We needed him to come up big the past 2 weeks and he fell far, far short. How can you not be pissed with him. BTW, no pass. None whatsoever.

Dude, he had Boss, Nicks, Manningham, Bradshaw, Jacobs. And the offensive line did fine. Other teams play fine and win a game here or there without starters. Hell, the Steelers won numerous without their STARTING QUARTERBACK. The Giants, for whatever reason, aren't a team that plays through injuries. And we see it nearly every year.

Eli did poor because he had a bad game. But he's been throwing bad interceptions all season.

if there is such a thing as good interceptions, they've mostly been of that ilk. 8 of he 16 came in games the giants won. And there hasn't been a game where he's had less TD passes than int's. The number is startling, for sure. But there's only been 1 or 2 game changers that I recall.

if there is such a thing as good interceptions, they've mostly been of that ilk. 8 of he 16 came in games the giants won. And there hasn't been a game where he's had less TD passes than int's. The number is startling, for sure. But there's only been 1 or 2 game changers that I recall.

Sunday night he had less TD passes than INTs.

1: I said numerous times in this thread and others the number of int's is unnacceptable

2: My reasoning for being in the defensive position of Eli is because their is a lot of hating going on with him, and this is the same guy who won a super bowl for us, so yeah, I'm a homer, I have love for Eli because he won a super bowl.

3: Not 3 or 4 weeks ago there was a big discussion about Eli being a top 5 qb in the league, thats why I bring up the injuries, particularly Smith. Losing him hurt the Giants far worse than Brees losing Bush.

4: Brees has 14 INT's, 2 behind Eli.

As far as being the most rediculous thing you've ever read and me sucking Eli's dick, why don't you two trying being a little less confrontational. More discussion and less dick headedness and you guys might be taken serious for once.

Sunday night he had less TD passes than INTs.

granted- is that your only beef with the argument? i mean i don't remember panicking after most of his int's. The one at the goal line may have been the worst. Maybe there was one in the Titans game as well.

granted- is that your only beef with the argument? i mean i don't remember panicking after most of his int's. The one at the goal line may have been the worst. Maybe there was one in the Titans game as well.

We should have lost the first Dallas game because of Eli's absolute carelessness in his own half of the field.

1: I said numerous times in this thread and others the number of int's is unnacceptable

2: My reasoning for being in the defensive position of Eli is because their is a lot of hating going on with him, and this is the same guy who won a super bowl for us, so yeah, I'm a homer, I have love for Eli because he won a super bowl.

3: Not 3 or 4 weeks ago there was a big discussion about Eli being a top 5 qb in the league, thats why I bring up the injuries, particularly Smith. Losing him hurt the Giants far worse than Brees losing Bush.

4: Brees has 14 INT's, 2 behind Eli.

As far as being the most rediculous thing you've ever read and me sucking Eli's dick, why don't you two trying being a little less confrontational. More discussion and less dick headedness and you guys might be taken serious for once.

There's a lot of hate because in times we need him and guys like Bradshaw to bring their A game, they aren't. The defense came to play and if not for an excellent 4th and 1 play call, might have held the Eagles and won the game because the offense was sure trying to give the game away. Like I said, other teams play through injuries and still win games. Injuries are a bullshit excuse for your QB throwing the ball to the other team and not playing well in a game where we needed him more than any game previously.

Now we are in poor shape and likely to miss the playoffs now without stringing several victories in a row...

You are being very easy on Eli. He deserves a lot of criticism after this sub par season he's put up.

I'm starting to think a lot of you guys look at post game stats instead of actually watching the games. Not every single interception is the fault of the Quarterback.

Oh and please don't stop this talk of starting Danny Ware. Come on guys this is his first chance at completing an entire NFL season without ending up in the injured reserve list.

We should have lost the first Dallas game because of Eli's absolute carelessness in his own half of the field.

But we didn't- and we shouldn't have been throwing the ball in the first place. You're jabbing at my theory but not really disputing it.

All in all, his interceptions haven't hurt us. And if you're going to point out the startling number of int's, you have to also point out the startling number

of TD passes. And how our red zone issues have virtually disappeared this year.

But we didn't- and we shouldn't have been throwing the ball in the first place. You're jabbing at my theory but not really disputing it.

All in all, his interceptions haven't hurt us. And if you're going to point out the startling number of int's, you have to also point out the startling number

of TD passes. And how our red zone issues have virtually disappeared this year.

I'll disagree once again. I don't think our red zone numbers are that good. I could be wrong.

I'll disagree once again. I don't think our red zone numbers are that good. I could be wrong.

They are 61% and 7th in the league in Red Zone Td's Last year they were 48% which would be 22nd in the league right now, a vast improvement.

Again, you evade the issue and attack the ancillary so you agree.

Yeah man...having a semi-West Coast offense is not a sin. I wish Gilpuke would realize that.

They are 61% and 7th in the league in Red Zone Td's Last year they were 48% which would be 22nd in the league right now, a vast improvement.

Again, you evade the issue and attack the ancillary so you agree.

No, the point is that the interceptions still are bad. You can throw interceptions against Houston, Detroit, and Seattle and still get wins. But the INTs against good teams will make you lose.

Fact is most of the intake haven't hurt. Not saying he should keep doing it. And besides that the offense has been pretty damn good

That's how they've been able to overcome the TO's

the dog has to agree with storm on this. if you throw interceptions or are careless with the ball frequently, it is going to hurt you eventually. maybe not every time, but it catches up with you. it did against the titans, it did against the cowboys, it did against the eagles. if you turn the ball over 30 times in a year, and only 4 of them hurt you in games and play a part in losing those games, which ultimately cost you the playoffs, then the carelessness with the ball is an issue.

this is all a product of everyone wanting to believe eli is more than what he is. he is a solid QB, but his inconsistency has always been a factor, which is why he is not an elite QB. everyone says how he is improving. every year he gets better. the stat they flashed during the eagle game which seems to have gone unnoticed was the steady increase in the last three years of his interceptions per pass attempt. that keeps going up. that is not a good trend.

Here you go.

Year - Att - INTs - Fumbles

2008 - 479 - 10 - 5

2009 - 509 - 14 - 13

2010 - 352 - 16 - 7

As you can see he is getting more careless with the ball. The bright spot is that his TDs, passing percent and yards per game are going up.

ok i know all about eli's fumble sunday night, but when osi gets a forced fumble do we talk about how careless the opposing qb was with the ball?

and if we take away the picks that should have been catches by the wr hes back down to his normal interception numbers.(i know i know... if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle)