SportsWrath

Bad News - LT arrested

BleedinBlue

Am I the only one here not missing the point... YOU'RE LAWRENCE MOTHERFUCKING TAYLOR. You shouldn't be paying for pussy.

eh, we all get old, fat, bald, and ugly....

Banks: LT Charges Are 'Shocking'

nfl_g_lt15_300.jpg

Carl Banks couldn't believe what he was hearing and seeing all day Thursday.

The former Giants linebacker simply refused to believe the grim news surrounding Lawrence Taylor.

Banks' former Hall of Fame teammate and good friend was charged Thursday with raping a 16-year-old runaway. Taylor, who authorities say paid $300 to have sex with the alleged victim, was arraigned on charges of third-degree rape -- a charge that involves a person who is 21 or older having intercourse with somebody younger than 17 -- and patronizing a prostitute.

"This is shocking," Banks told ESPNNewYork.com. "I would be shocked if this is true, no disrespect to the alleged victim or any other woman who has been victimized.

"LT has had his share of adversity, but I don't see this in his makeup," Banks said. "He's got kids, he's got daughters and grandchildren. LT has much higher morals than that and I don't believe he is capable of raping someone."

Former Giant Harry Carson, who also played with Taylor, politely declined to talk about Taylor's predicament. Carson wanted to hear all the facts and let the legal situation play out.

Taylor's attorney, Arthur Aidala, denied the charges and emphatically insisted that Taylor did not have sex with the victim.

Banks came to Taylor's defense as well.

Banks said he was with Taylor last week at an event in Westchester, and that No. 56 was in great spirits. Taylor has had a laundry list of run-ins with the law and a highly publicized battle with drug addiction, but Taylor and his attorney claim that he has remained clean for 12 years.

Banks believes Taylor "was on the comeback," citing his appearance on ABC's "Dancing With the Stars" and how Taylor, 51, was organizing a golf tournament in Atlantic City in June.

"This is very unfortunate and very hard for me to believe he is guilty of something like this," Banks said. "He has had his dark moments, but he always had morals. It's painful because he is like a family member to me. I've spent so much time with him over the years, so I think I have a good idea who he is. LT is a good guy, despite his troubles in the past.

"I'm still having a hard time digesting the whole thing."

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=5082639

the fact is Taylor innocently mentioned he'd like to be with a woman earlier in the evening and his friends ordered up the whore who came to his door unsolicited.....if she was pretty and showed up at your door and did not look very young who amongst you might not invite her in

can you tell the difference between a 16 17 and 18 yrs old girl for sure.....I couldn't

would you have asked for ID....

I don't know, if this was the way it went down he is guilty of poor judgement but very human judgement. He should be fined, given probation and community service

he does not have a history of abusing women......more of abusing his own body

The pimp who beat up the prostitute should do hard time- 10 years minimum.....the whore should go to detention for 6 months unless she was dragged to this, and it was the first incident, which apparently from reports she was well into that life.....she was living with the pimp for months

is he guilty, probably......should he do years in prison.....no

if anything a few months

A newsflash on TV just said that Lawrence Taylor has been arrested - apparantly for rape. Damn!!! There will be a police statement released at 2:00PM today.

This sucks.

Great football player.. but a fuckin moron of a person. why the fuck would anyone with his fame has to pay for sex?

according to the hookers in DC congressmen and senetors are regulars

popes in the middle ages built a tunnel tot he whorehouses

hookers are raking in the dough every day

its the nature of men to pursue women Nas......what about that do you not understand?

also allegedly his golf buddies sent her to his door without his knowledge

i guess the determinent is how pretty she was......if she was pretty few men would slam the door

al this proves to me is that hes a normal man....not a saint, a regular guy....weak when it comes to resiting pretty women just like the rest of us

human......hes human

you should know this from your own culture ....they wear the burka for a reason....and its not to prevent skin cancer

Ahh, wasn't he arrested in a different hotel? The cops also said he wasn't the one who hit her.

Man they are trying to pimp out on Taylor's name..... he is no angel by any means. But this shit smells. If he was an ordinary john this shit would have been 86'd especially after they found out he was not the one to whip her ass.

its the nature of men to pursue women Nas......what about that do you not understand?

i guess the determinent is how pretty she was......if she was pretty few men would slam the door

al this proves to me is that hes a normal man....not a saint, a regular guy....weak when it comes to resiting pretty women just like the rest of us

human......hes human

you should know this from your own culture ....they wear the burka for a reason....and its not to prevent skin cancer

LOL!!! All very well made points Jack....

Meanwhile, the man who authorities say set up Taylor with the runaway told the woman to tell Taylor she was 19 years old and not 16, according to a court statement taken from an FBI special agent.

This very much works in his favor....plus, if he used protection, the amount of physical evidence will be scant (which is where the "some contact" stuff would come in).

Ignorance of someone's age is no excuse, but if someone says they are legal, that's a different story....then its a matter of deception.

Taylor's attorney is going to hammer away at the pimp - a violent excon, who basically set this whole deal up and forced this girl to lie about her age and into prostitution.

Taylor will likely plead no contest to some lesser charge.

Frankly, though, if I were an attorney for Taylor, I'd throw up a wall of absolute silence while I sifted through what the cops actually have.

Taylor needs to stay off the stand.

Not sure if a jury trial would help or hurt.....I know I'd have plenty of reasonable doubt as to what LT knew and didn't know.

My gut is that the average Joe will conclude LT was looking for a good time, and got delivered some serious contraband without his knowledge.....he might be guilty of looking for some young pussy, but making the jump to knowingly raping some minor is quite a leap, especially given the cast of characters involved.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced this will go to a jury, and they'll come to the same conclusion....and the rape charge simply won't stick.

This very much works in his favor....plus, if he used protection, the amount of physical evidence will be scant (which is where the "some contact" stuff would come in).

Ignorance of someone's age is no excuse, but if someone says they are legal, that's a different story....then its a matter of deception.

Taylor's attorney is going to hammer away at the pimp - a violent excon, who basically set this whole deal up and forced this girl to lie about her age and into prostitution.

Taylor will likely plead no contest to some lesser charge.

Frankly, though, if I were an attorney for Taylor, I'd throw up a wall of absolute silence while I sifted through what the cops actually have.

Taylor needs to stay off the stand.

Not sure if a jury trial would help or hurt.....I know I'd have plenty of reasonable doubt as to what LT knew and didn't know.

My gut is that the average Joe will conclude LT was looking for a good time, and got delivered some serious contraband without his knowledge.....he might be guilty of looking for some young pussy, but making the jump to knowingly raping some minor is quite a leap, especially given the cast of characters involved.

Yeah a judge would probably ignore mitigating circumstances....whereas a jury of his peers would more likely see that he was set up. Good points about keeping quiet. They would have to prove their case. Sometimes it does not pay to be famous....cops looking to score a big hit and crusading DA's are the bane of celebrities caught in situations like this. Situations like this they like to make an example and show the world that no one is above the law....lol.

human......hes human

Jack, my point if you're name is Lawrence Taylor, you're not supposed to pay for sex, let alone be duped to sleep with a fuckin minor. Shit, I've asked for IDs from girls when I was a teenager... sorry but I'm not going to jail for a nut... Like I said the dude is a fuckin moron.. football greatness aside.

No Jack, that was the Leader of the Maryland Hookers Union who said that. It's well known that the hookers in DC aren't up to scratch. They said so on "the Wire"..

Sheesh!!