SportsWrath

Bad News - LT arrested

BleedinBlue

some people are scum bags and are always in trouble and some people are stand up guys and they are never in this kind of mix.

My childhood idol is one of those scummy kind of guys. It' a shame really, I loved him on the field, but now his memorabilia is coming down. It's not that this particular incident is worst than all others, just that they keep coming.

When given the choice to admire Phil for being great on and off the field for Lawrence for just on the field, I believe I'd rather look to old #11 for inspiration.

People can debate the level of wrong in this, but the fact that a HOF'r is in this business at all means that he hasn't learned a damn thing over the past twenty years.

Guilty of third degree statutory rape that is always plead down to a misdemeanor unless someone is looking to make a name for himself on a named suspect. This case has no legs which is the reason why its being tried in the media and his entire past is being trotted out. When a DA has a strong case they don't tell you shit other than the charges.

That's what I'm thinking.

You've got the sister of the victim telling the press that LT couldn't see that the girl was beat up, and specifically asked the girl what her age was, and was lied to.

That doesn't make it right.....the girl was still 16. But if LT asked her age, and was lied to, that's a hell of a lot different then a) knowing she was 16, or b) not giving a shit about how old she was.

It's a fucking shame that a guy like LT - who I adored as a fan - could fall so low as to pay for some prostitute. But I've always been a legalize-prostitution guy, so if he didn't know she was underage, I can't see how he deserves jail time.

And I'm guessing that if this were to go to a jury trial, a juror would be hard-pressed to convict based on all of this.

Given all the shit that is coming out about the pimp, and given what the victims family is saying, I'm really surprised LT's attorney is saying anything. He should be going into a cone of silence and allowing the media frenzy to create even more doubts.

I'm guessing that there might be a deal in the works right now where LT cops a no-contest to a lesser plea in return for cooperation with the prosecution to put the real scumbag - the pimp - back behind bars.

Fact is, if prostitution were legal:

....ring...ring...ring....

Prostitution Service: ABC Prostution Service, can we help you?

LT: "Hey, I'd like to hire a woman to provide some service."

Prostitution Service: "Sure thing....we'll have a hot, legal, drug and disease free professional sex worker come by in the next hour".

LT: "Great....thanks!"

End of story.

Did you guys here what his wife said :huh: ...... she basically said she knows what type of WOMEN Lt likes and she said she didn't think that girl was LT's type. sounds like to me they have an open marriage. SOOOOOO if LT wants to pay for it then that's between him and his wife and she seems ok with it. only thing is he has to be more careful and check the next one's Birth Cirtificate

worlds oldest profession, legalizing it would only make the transaction safer for all concerned.

there should be an age of consent.....i'm not arguing that....but If prositutes carried IDs saying they were drug free and of age this LT incident would not have happened

free the drug convitees and spend some of that money on healthcare, education, and fixing potholes, lowering property taxes etc

if a man shoots himself in the leg he should be under medical and psychiatric care not in a prison

I don'tk now man.. I always thought prostitutes are disease carring nasty creatures.

eli manning has a real good chance at eventually becoming my favorite player of all time.

I already have him as my favorite player of all time... and why not. A class act who's clutch.

Wait...wait...did someone just comment on a post that is on permanent ignore.... :rolleyes: I could care less what your opinion is on anything. Whether you agree...disagree...or are straight down the middle neutral.

Who'd u ignore, when, and why?

I knew Nas would be waiting with baited breath for a reply.

lol, yea I'm not a big fan of the ignore feature. I'd prefer to cool it... till one day I meet everyone who's fought with me here in person

lol, yea I'm not a big fan of the ignore feature. I'd prefer to cool it... till one day I meet everyone who's fought with me here in person

I'm sorry, did you say something? I have you on ignore.

When/if I put you on ignore its an indication that you are not worth one erg of energy output to read/respond and otherwise interact with the poster. As a genuine college professor I reserve the right to ignore leading questions, baiting questions, straw men and/or red herrings. Part of the satisfaction that the ignored poster would get is the response to their post. Oh well I guess we will be cosmic dust before any satisfaction is rendered or received. :)