SportsWrath

Bad News - LT arrested

BleedinBlue

I stayed at that Holiday Inn once when I was in town for a wedding.

"Holy cow, Rik! That's an incredible move you've got there. Are you a game changing hall of fame NFL linebacker"?

"No. But I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night".

I saw his lawyer on tv last night and he said (I think) that he did didn't even have sex with her.

...ie.....he wore a rubber and shaves his junk so there isn't any DNA or CIS bait to trace back to him. :)

He's lawyer also referred to him as a "respectable family man"......er........on what planet LOL.

C. Wagon

...ie.....he wore a rubber and shaves his junk so there isn't any DNA or CIS bait to trace back to him. :)

He's lawyer also referred to him as a "respectable family man"......er........on what planet LOL.

C. Wagon

I know, I know, I just really want someone to lie to me right now.

I saw his lawyer on tv last night and he said (I think) that he did didn't even have sex with her.

Actually, his lawyer (must be one dumbfuck) said (his exact words): "my client did NOT have consensual sex with anyone that night". They've been playing the lawyer's statement on ESPN radio all morning and laughing their asses off at how a lawyer can actually make things a helluva lot worse for his client.

What a dumb statement. It immediately thinks that the sex must've ben non-consensual, which immediately takes a 3rd degree rape (about 4 years in prison) to 1st degree rape (15-25 years in prison). What a dumbass lawyer.

Actually, his lawyer (must be one dumbfuck) said (his exact words): "my client did NOT have consensual sex with anyone that night". They've been playing the lawyer's statement on ESPN radio all morning and laughing their asses off at how a lawyer can actually make things a helluva lot worse for his client.

What a dumb statement. It immediately thinks that the sex must've ben non-consensual, which immediately takes a 3rd degree rape (about 4 years in prison) to 1st degree rape (15-25 years in prison). What a dumbass lawyer.

That's what I was puzzled about when I heard it.

In context of the whole statement, he was saying the charge was for statutory rape ie. consensual sex with a minor, not for forcing himself on anyone, but that he didn't even have consensual sex with anyone that night, therefore nothing happened.

As a side, 18 is way too high for age of consent.

Or....because they found a rubber in his room, there's a very good chance that minor didn't have any of LT's semen on her.

This attorney is going to raise so much reasonable doubt - anchored by lack of DNA - that they'll toss this case out or plea bargain it down to either a country-club facility or probation.

In context of the whole statement, he was saying the charge was for statutory rape ie. consensual sex with a minor, not for forcing himself on anyone, but that he didn't even have consensual sex with anyone that night, therefore nothing happened.

I think it varies by location, but most states give something of a pass if the 2 parties are within a certain age of eachother (i.e., 18 year old boyfriend and 17 year old girlfriend).

Varies by state. Had LT gone across the Pennsylvania border, it would be a non-issue. A couple of states, the age of consent is 14, most are 16. NY or course, is 17,

Age of Consent by State

Lawrence Taylor Rape Case: Ex-Giant Didn't Know Teen Runaway Was Underage, Says Girl's Sister

alg_lawrence_taylor_cameras.jpg

Disgraced Giants great Lawrence Taylor had no idea the "skinny Spanish girl" he paid $300 to have sex with was just 16-years-old, her big sister told The Daily News on Friday.

Accused pimp Rasheed Davis beat the teenager before taking her to Taylor's hotel room and warned her "she would get a worse beating if she tried to tell Mr. Taylor anything," the sister said.

"She said she had no choice but to go along with it," the sister said. "She doesn't blame Mr. Taylor because he had no idea (she was a minor)."

The 17-year-old sis spoke out as Davis awaited arraignment on federal sex trafficking charges - and as a criminal complaint revealed that he allegedly told Taylor's teenage "date" to tell him "she was 19-years-old."

Taylor was charged Thursday with third-degree rape and patronizing a prostitute - charges that could send him to the slammer for up to four years if convicted.

His lawyer, Arthur Aidala, insisted Taylor did not rape - or have sex - with anybody at the Holiday Inn in Montebello, N.Y.

Both Aidala and Taylor's wife, Lynette, said the 51-year-old Hall of Famer was the victim of a "set-up."

The traumatized teenager's sister said the rendezvous at the Rockland County hotel early Thursday was arranged by a music producer who knows both Taylor and Davis. She did not know his name.

"He relayed the message that Mr. Taylor was willing to pay $300 for a skinny Spanish girl," the sister said. "Since Rasheed knew my sister, he volunteered her for this. He forced her into becoming a prostitute that night."

Taylor spent an hour with the teenager in Room 160, the sister said.

"I know she is very traumatized by it," she said. "She was taking showers a lot. She said she feels very dirty."

Davis also took nearly nude photos of the girl with his cell phone and told her he would use the snapshots to hustle up customers on the Web, according to the complaint.

An ex-con who did time for manslaughter, Davis kept a price list for the specific sexual acts he expected the girl to perform - and would dope her up with marijuana and Ecstacy before pimping her out, the document states.

On Wednesday, according to the complaint, the accused pimp got a text message from the intermediary who apparently saw one of the girl's photos and said he had a client willing to pay double Davis' rate for intercourse.

The john, police said, turned out to be the legendary Giants linebacker.

When cops busted Taylor, a used condom reportedly was found in the room.

Taylor did not file a plea at his arraignment Thursday and a judge set bail at $75,000. He was allowed to return to his home in Florida to await a June 10 court date.

"My client was in town to work and golf with some friends and this nightmare unfolded," Aidala said. Taylor "didn't have sex with anybody, period."

Davis was arrested by the NYPD in the Bronx - when he returned with the girl early Thursday - on charges of unlawful imprisonment, assault and endangering the welfare of a child.

The victim had a black eye and cops believe she got the shiner before her "date" with Taylor.

Taylor got some more bad news Friday - weight loss company Nutrisystem considers him a 230 pound liability and will no longer pay him to tell customers to "lose weight and get back into the game."

"Based on the severity of these allegations, Nutrisystem has made the decision to sever our relationship with Mr. Taylor effective immediately," a spokesman for the the Horsham, Pa.-based company said.

Nutrisystem quickly replaced Taylor's image on their Web site with San Diego Padres journeyman Matt Stairs.

Taylor is a 10-time Pro Bowl linebacker who played all 13 of his NFL seasons with the Giants before hanging up his cleats in 1993.

The NFL's Most Valuable Player in 1986, Taylor had 132 1/2 career sacks, and is credited with redefining the way the outside linebacker position was played.

Off the gridiron, nothing was out of bounds to Taylor who racked up several drug arrests and pleaded guilty to tax evasion in 2000.

Last November, Taylor was arrested in Hialeah, Fla., after crashing into another motor vehicle and leaving the scene.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2010/05/07/2010-05-07_lawrence_taylor_rape_case_excon_told_bronx_teen_runaway_to_lie_to_lt_about_her_a.html?r=sports&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nydnrss%2Fsports+%28Sports%29&utm_content=Twitter

You know what pisses me off about this whole mess?

It means that no matter how hard I search the net for interesting things going on with the Giants - every fucking story is about LT and that is all it will be for the next 6 months.....just like when Plaxico shot himself (I was ready to shoot myself after the 127,455th time it was brought up in the news).....or when Favre retired and became the only story for weeks as I really gave a shit if he hangs it up or not. It's as if every single interesting story that could possibly be out there right now is instantly flushed down the toilet so we can read the four thousandth commentator tell us his take on the same story that will be beaten to death, revived, beaten to death again, revived again, over and over for months.

In the end....I want to know about what changes Fewel is going to make....after all, he could develop a 3-4 defense to be used on occassion as a surprise defense on our division, given that he has a line full of guys who are perfect for that. Or maybe a story on the competition on the O-line and which players look like they are going to stick. Or a story about who might end up doing the long snapping....or which of the new punters has the strongest (or most accurate) leg...etc. But noooooo, we're going to hear all about LT and nothing but LT for the next half year no matter how starved we are for real football news or how sick of hearing the same story over and over. It's really simple. The guy fucked up. Should've met her in Pennsylvania or not at all. He didn't. Now the dumbass is going to prison. End of story. Now let's get back to some real football news.