SportsWrath

Raiders have lost their mind

jerseygiantfan

Raider: Giants 'got what they deserved' vs. Saints

Associated Press

add this RSS email print

Updated: October 21, 2009, 7:41 PM EDT

45 comments

ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) - Richard Seymour says Giants linebacker Antonio Pierce should worry more about his defense than criticizing the Raiders.

After New York beat Oakland 44-7 on Oct. 11, Pierce said playing the Raiders felt like a scrimmage. The Giants then lost 48-27 to New Orleans last week.

"They got what they deserved this week," Seymour said Wednesday. "I'm not sure how many points the Saints scored on them, but if I'm not mistaken, it was half a hundred points. So, I think he got enough to chew on himself with that."

The Raiders responded to the barbs by beating New York's NFC East rivals, the Philadelphia Eagles, 13-9 last week.

Seymour also said in a radio interview with 1530 Homer in Cincinnati that the Raiders (2-4) will make the playoffs this season.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/10253796/Raider:-Giants-%27got-what-they-deserved%27-vs.-Saints

playoffs????? you kiddin me? p p playoffs???

but he has every right to say what he did about the giants after pierce said what he did about them.

I really don't think Pierce was trying to be disrespectful when he said that, he also said something about there not being any vocal leaders to lift the team up when they got behind. I honestly don't think he was trying to be an ass towards them.

I really don't think Pierce was trying to be disrespectful when he said that, he also said something about there not being any vocal leaders to lift the team up when they got behind. I honestly don't think he was trying to be an ass towards them.

Peirce has a tendency to talk trash.

Peirce has a tendency to talk trash.

Pierce said it out of frustration. In the interview, he said he grew up a hugh Raiders fan and was disapointed with how the Raiders is being managed. His comment were direct at Tom Cable for not motivating the team at all against the Giants...

Pierce said it out of frustration. In the interview, he said he grew up a hugh Raiders fan and was disapointed with how the Raiders is being managed. His comment were direct at Tom Cable for not motivating the team at all against the Giants...

it obviously was perceived by the team as a slight and perception is everything. furthermore, i wouldn't get cable mad if i were him- if you know what i mean ;);)

it obviously was perceived by the team as a slight and perception is everything. furthermore, i wouldn't get cable mad if i were him- if you know what i mean ;);)

Why do you think Antonio waited until Raiders landed in California to make those comments...

Pierece wasnt trying to talk trash to the Raiders (after Giants beat them silly into oblivion). He only said he was surprised at the lack of effort from the Raiders. They didnt look like they were trying hard etc etc. Which is a fair enough comment. I guess any of the Saints players would have said that about the Giants D after last week.