SportsWrath

Was i the only one

knarf

Screamin for them to put wilkenson and keil in over blackburn and Clark? i love the intensity blackburn and leadership clark brings but vs a speed O like todays... wow it sucked without boley and the safety position johnson is ok but CC Brown... wow... i know they won't but i wouldn't be opposed to them trading for a real safety to help.

Screamin for them to put wilkenson and keil in over blackburn and Clark? i love the intensity blackburn and leadership clark brings but vs a speed O like todays... wow it sucked without boley and the safety position johnson is ok but CC Brown... wow... i know they won't but i wouldn't be opposed to them trading for a real safety to help.

I hate this kind lost on one player. Normally its a group effort (or lack there off). But yeah, CC was awful. But the DL should have had more pressure.

I hate this kind lost on one player. Normally its a group effort (or lack there off). But yeah, CC was awful. But the DL should have had more pressure.

Did Sheridan even make any adjustments at halftime?

Did Sheridan even make any adjustments at halftime?

I think this was more on execution and the fact that the Saints O-line had a great day. This was a team loss all the way around, although, I think Sheridan was gun shy about blitzing.

Very shy. I only saw two.

blackburn played well but the giants d line sucked and clark looked lost

pierce as usual could not cover

the db sucked

the D sucked

lets hope they regroup and use this as a lesson learned but clark should be cut

he is USELESS

i found myself screaming for strahan, LT and more vodka.

More than reasonable requests given the circumstances. Brees was entirely too comfortable in the pocket. It got to the point where I was hoping the coaching staff would start sending 6 or 7 guys in. Even if they missed, the result would have been the same as the zone defense they were implementing. I got a pit in my stomach when I first heard about the Phillips injury and it was on full display this afternoon. With Arizona, the Eaglets, and San Diego coming up, it certainly raises a concern and I'm sure CC Brown painted a nice bullseye on himself for these teams to fire on.

With all that said, it is early in the season and there is plenty of room for improvement. The Saints are the better team....right now. We all know from recent history how important that can turn out to be. The Giants just need to get healthy and with Ross, Canty, etc back in the mix I think this can turn out to be but a minor bump in the road and perhaps a well placed wakeup call.

Jeez, guys. We lost on the road to one of the better teams in the league; who also had 2 weeks to prepare for us. Our defense is still beat-up, W\we simply don't have LBs available right now that are any good in coverage, and even the DTs that are available are both coming off surgery. Personally, I would have been pleasantly surprised if we won.

Every team in our division is still at least a game behind us (thanks, Raiders!). We're 2-0 in the division, and the Saints and Vikings aren't going undefeated either. We need safety help, but we'll see this team again, and hopefully we'll have Ross, Canty, and Boley when we do.

Jeez, guys. We lost on the road to one of the better teams in the league; who also had 2 weeks to prepare for us. Our defense is still beat-up, W\we simply don't have LBs available right now that are any good in coverage, and even the DTs that are available are both coming off surgery. Personally, I would have been pleasantly surprised if we won.

Every team in our division is still at least a game behind us (thanks, Raiders!). We're 2-0 in the division, and the Saints and Vikings aren't going undefeated either. We need safety help, but we'll see this team again, and hopefully we'll have Ross, Canty, and Boley when we do.

You make good points, but I think everyone is in the crapper because of the way we lost, not the loss itself. We all predicted a close, albeit homerific, outcome. Had we lost by 3, maybe 7, hell I'll go as far as to say 10 even, it would be better than getting our asses handed to us. I don't think anyone thought we were going undefeated, but let's face it, the Saints are better than Tampa Bay, KC, and Oakland all rolled into one, and if we are truly the better team, we should have won. I think that's what everyone's so upset about. Most of us had the Gmen at 12-4 - 14-2, and that's still attainable. It just sucks we laid an egg this particular week. I think I'd have rather lost a 'trap' game to KC and gotten a loss out of the way.

You make good points, but I think everyone is in the crapper because of the way we lost, not the loss itself. We all predicted a close, albeit homerific, outcome. Had we lost by 3, maybe 7, hell I'll go as far as to say 10 even, it would be better than getting our asses handed to us. I don't think anyone thought we were going undefeated, but let's face it, the Saints are better than Tampa Bay, KC, and Oakland all rolled into one, and if we are truly the better team, we should have won. I think that's what everyone's so upset about. Most of us had the Gmen at 12-4 - 14-2, and that's still attainable. It just sucks we laid an egg this particular week. I think I'd have rather lost a 'trap' game to KC and gotten a loss out of the way.

You'd feel better if the score was 41-34? Minus a mystery PI and and phantom hold, that's what the score would have been, if nothing else changes. They had everything go their way today, from prep-time, to health, to officiating. It happens.

There is no way you'd feel better if we lost to a bottom-feeder like KC. This whole board would have freaked if that had happened. Can you imagine the level of suck it would take to do that? (Heh, Washington fans can.)

Whats the point in having this sick D-line, if you are never going to pull the trigger?? Sheridan is nothing like Spags. Seemed to me after thier 3rd nearly uncontested TD, he would have figured he needed pressure, and at least pretended to blits once in a while. We had nothing to lose by going all out. They were scoring on every drive anyway. Would it have come out better if we were more agressive on D? I dont know, but at least we would have played our kinda ball. That crap looked like some thing Tim Lewis would have came up with. This is the second real offense we played this season, and the second time our D took a dump against them.

If our DC is really this much of a wus against good teams, its going to be a long season.

You guys both bring up good points... the Saints are as good a team as any to lose to... but by double-digits it's both embarrassing and alarming.

But let's not forget that plenty of Super Bowl teams have had embarrassing losses like this in the past. The year the 49ers won with Steve Young, they lost something like 41-10 to the Eagles.... it happens. The good teams are the ones that pick themselves up, make the necessary adjustments and go at it again... we're 5-1, the sky isn't falling yet.

Whats the point in having this sick D-line, if you are never going to pull the trigger?? Sheridan is nothing like Spags. Seemed to me after thier 3rd nearly uncontested TD, he would have figured he needed pressure, and at least pretended to blits once in a while. We had nothing to lose by going all out. They were scoring on every drive anyway. Would it have come out better if we were more agressive on D? I dont know, but at least we would have played our kinda ball. That crap looked like some thing Tim Lewis would have came up with. This is the second real offense we played this season, and the second time our D took a dump against them.

If our DC is really this much of a wus against good teams, its going to be a long season.

Thats what really pisses me off. The 'Staying back' approach was sucking balls and doing nothing anyway. They were mandling our D. Why not try something else and try and put some pressure and try and rattle Brees?? I saw 2 maybe 3 blitzes. A few more all-out blitzes might have mattered. Yes, they still might have scored an easy TD, but its not like they found it any more difficult with our zone shit!

You'd feel better if the score was 41-34? Minus a mystery PI and and phantom hold, that's what the score would have been, if nothing else changes.

...and take away their TD from the non-called fumble Boss recovered and it's 34-34. 36-34 if it's a safety (though I'm not sure it wasn't a touchback after the change of possession).

...and take away their TD from the non-called fumble Boss recovered and it's 34-34. 36-34 if it's a safety (though I'm not sure it wasn't a touchback after the change of possession).

It would have been our ball at the 20. But something tells me these blowhard officials would have got that wrong too.

You'd feel better if the score was 41-34? Minus a mystery PI and and phantom hold, that's what the score would have been, if nothing else changes. They had everything go their way today, from prep-time, to health, to officiating. It happens.

There is no way you'd feel better if we lost to a bottom-feeder like KC. This whole board would have freaked if that had happened. Can you imagine the level of suck it would take to do that? (Heh, Washington fans can.)

If the Giants were in it and weren't getting their asses handed to them, yeah, I could live with a 1 TD loss better than a 21 point beatdown. I agree they were better prepared and the better team won, and although we got hit with some really shit calls, we probably still would have lost.

While a loss to KC would have caused a global mass coronary amongst the Giants faithful, it would have been likened to the Browns game last year, and hopefully the Gmen would have regrouped and moved on. Of course, that is just a hindsight observation and very easy to say now, but you get my point. A loss is a loss and sucks no matter how it gets spun, and I certainly don't think 1 loss constitutes the end of the season.

I didn't see him (Sintim), and i wasn't blaming the game on those 2 there were a bunch of factors i just wanted to see some faster LB playin Vs that kinda O is all. I am not really worried you don't need to win them all to get to the superbowl i rather them have something like this now than late in the season so they have a chance to work on the scheme.