SportsWrath

Grahm Gano

Lughead

is playing for the Los Vegas locomotives

Gano

he has the first ever points in the UFL tonight, 3was it booyha that was pushing for Gano to the Giants? well he is playing for former Giant coach Jim Fassel

I was also hoping we'd pick up Gano during the draft. I can't believe the Giants aren't looking to upgrade Tynes and Gano was a perfect opportunity. There's no possible way he could be worse than Tynes.

I remember watching him in the bowl game FSU played this year. He is both a punter and place kicker. He had 3 punts stop dead within the 3 yard line and if I remember correctly each kickoff ended up in the endzone....

I wonder why he could not stick with the Ravens... and why we still have Tynes.

I remember watching him in the bowl game FSU played this year. He is both a punter and place kicker. He had 3 punts stop dead within the 3 yard line and if I remember correctly each kickoff ended up in the endzone....

You can only carry one kicker and teams want kickers who have lots of NFL experience. Rarely does a team go with a great kicker straight out of college because they fear he might not cut it in the NFL.

Still.....I have to think taking a chance on Gano would be an improvement over Tynes. Tynes has yet to cost us a game, but that will come. And then maybe Reese and Coughlin will decide it's time for Tynes to go. We can hope anyway. I'm really tired of holding my breath when Tynes comes out. Hell.....I worry even when he's kicking the extra point (which I watched him miss one already this year)

I was at that game, it was against Wisconsin. And yes, he can kick you a 55 yard field goal (and not just in a dome, Jack), and then pin a team inside the 5 . He is equally as talented as a punter as he is a kicker. He definitely has a boot, and routinely put kickoffs in the endzone, if not through the back of the endzone.

You can only carry one kicker and teams want kickers who have lots of NFL experience. Rarely does a team go with a great kicker straight out of college because they fear he might not cut it in the NFL.

Still.....I have to think taking a chance on Gano would be an improvement over Tynes. Tynes has yet to cost us a game, but that will come. And then maybe Reese and Coughlin will decide it's time for Tynes to go. We can hope anyway. I'm really tired of holding my breath when Tynes comes out. Hell.....I worry even when he's kicking the extra point (which I watched him miss one already this year)

You can actually carry more than one kicker. We did it last year and the Cowboys are doing it. It's not a desireable thing to do, but some teams do it.

There is that school of thought of getting a kicker with NFL experience to kick for you... even if it's a mediocre NFL kicker, rather than get a rookie kicker. But some teams do it with great success. Janikowski in Oakland is a very good kicker (also from FSU) that was drafted by the Raiders and immediately was their kicker, and still is after all these years. Succop in KC seems to be good. I don't understand why you would rather choose a mediocre kicker with experience over a young kid with a howitzer for a leg, who was given the NCAA award for the best kicker in the nation. To me, I'll take the young kid. The fact that Gano is playing for the Las Vegas Locomotives is just stupid.

Wait wasnt Gano that kid who went 1/3 in the preseason and had acouple kick offs go out of bounds? Not to mention he didnt have a single touchback. I think I recall the NFLTA crew talking about "hidden gems" in the draft and they said Gano would be one of them but after the pre-season I guess it turned out he wasnt really cut out for the NFL after having a dismal performance in the preseason.

If this guy cant even kick in the pre-season I'd take Tynes over him, but thats not saying much.

Wait wasnt Gano that kid who went 1/3 in the preseason and had acouple kick offs go out of bounds? Not to mention he didnt have a single touchback. I think I recall the NFLTA crew talking about "hidden gems" in the draft and they said Gano would be one of them but after the pre-season I guess it turned out he wasnt really cut out for the NFL after having a dismal performance in the preseason.

If this guy cant even kick in the pre-season I'd take Tynes over him, but thats not saying much.

Must be nerves...there's no difference between kicking off in NFL and Pop Warner, let along major college; its just you and the ball, keep it on the damn field! So thats not a good sign, but the guy already excelled at major college football...how much more pressure could the NFL possibly be?

At this point, I'd be disappointed if we didn't have Gano in camp next year. I wouldn't give him an audition mid-year on a Super Bowl contender, but camp competition?....I don't know why we didn't do it sooner.

Must be nerves...there's no difference between kicking off in NFL and Pop Warner, let along major college; its just you and the ball, keep it on the damn field! So thats not a good sign, but the guy already excelled at major college football...how much more pressure could the NFL possibly be?

At this point, I'd be disappointed if we didn't have Gano in camp next year. I wouldn't give him an audition mid-year on a Super Bowl contender, but camp competition?....I don't know why we didn't do it sooner.

Well in college their playing for school pride and a chance to be drafted in the NFL, in the NFL their playing for a chance to be on a NFL team and their career. Gano folded, maybe in the UFL he can get his nerves worked out and steady his kicks but in all honesty if he the Ravens released him not to mention all other 31 teams didn't even give him a chance in camp then maybe theres something that coaches see that we as fans dont. I mean there had to be atleast 5-10 teams (us included) with iffy kickers but yet this guys only NFL camp was with the ravens.

Dont get me wrong though I'm not saying this because I think Tynes is the answer, just that the kid has his chance to show what he had in the pre-season and for no other NFL team to have interest in him then there must be a reason. Who knows though, let see what he does in the UFL first.

You can actually carry more than one kicker. We did it last year and the Cowboys are doing it. It's not a desireable thing to do, but some teams do it.

There is that school of thought of getting a kicker with NFL experience to kick for you... even if it's a mediocre NFL kicker, rather than get a rookie kicker. But some teams do it with great success. Janikowski in Oakland is a very good kicker (also from FSU) that was drafted by the Raiders and immediately was their kicker, and still is after all these years. Succop in KC seems to be good. I don't understand why you would rather choose a mediocre kicker with experience over a young kid with a howitzer for a leg, who was given the NCAA award for the best kicker in the nation. To me, I'll take the young kid. The fact that Gano is playing for the Las Vegas Locomotives is just stupid.

Agreed 100%.

Well in college their playing for school pride and a chance to be drafted in the NFL, in the NFL their playing for a chance to be on a NFL team and their career. Gano folded, maybe in the UFL he can get his nerves worked out and steady his kicks but in all honesty if he the Ravens released him not to mention all other 31 teams didn't even give him a chance in camp then maybe theres something that coaches see that we as fans dont. I mean there had to be atleast 5-10 teams (us included) with iffy kickers but yet this guys only NFL camp was with the ravens.

Dont get me wrong though I'm not saying this because I think Tynes is the answer, just that the kid has his chance to show what he had in the pre-season and for no other NFL team to have interest in him then there must be a reason. Who knows though, let see what he does in the UFL first.

Kicker is one of those rare positions where you have a chance of being called mid-way through a season. If he does anything in the UFL I am sure he will get a few calls for tryouts. It seems there are always a few cut kickers (hopefully Tynes) mid-way through the season. Where's Vanderdrunk when you need him?

Kicker is one of those rare positions where you have a chance of being called mid-way through a season. If he does anything in the UFL I am sure he will get a few calls for tryouts. It seems there are always a few cut kickers (hopefully Tynes) mid-way through the season. Where's Vanderdrunk when you need him?

Kicking for the Toronto Argonauts, though I think he retired at the start of this season.

is playing for the Los Vegas locomotives

Gano

he has the first ever points in the UFL tonight, 3was it booyha that was pushing for Gano to the Giants? well he is playing for former Giant coach Jim Fassel

Nah, not me Lug, I wanted to draft a kicker but I wasn't paying attention to him. I did get Manningham the year before so "yeah me".