SportsWrath

Matt Bryant

Lughead

As a vested veteran, Nugent is entitled to take the balance of his base salary as termination pay. Per NFLPA records, Nugent's base salary is $2 million.

That's not a typo.

Two. Million. For a kicker no one wanted in free agency.

Wow. Just.....wow.

If I was Mikey, I'd take my money for nothing and my chicks for free, and call it quits. Thanx NFL, adios....see ya.

The balance of $2 mil four games into the season. Unreal.

I would love to have Matt Bryant back. It wasn't his fault Trey Junkin couldn't snap the ball. He was solid from just about everywhere on the field and went on to not only win TBs job from Martin Gramatica, he had a very successful career there, too.

Kicking it off out of bounds Monday night a few years back against the Cowboys, WAS his fault, however.

I would love to have Matt Bryant back. It wasn't his fault Trey Junkin couldn't snap the ball. He was solid from just about everywhere on the field and went on to not only win TBs job from Martin Gramatica, he had a very successful career there, too.

Kicking it off out of bounds Monday night a few years back against the Cowboys, WAS his fault, however.

was that when we kicked off with 13 seconds left and the great quincy carter beat us?

was that when we kicked off with 13 seconds left and the great quincy carter beat us?

Yah. He was supposed to squib the kick to avoid a return...he squibbed the kick at the Cowboys cheerleaders....gave them the ball at the 40 which allowed a quick field goal chance. I think they sent the game to OT with that and ended up winning in OT...not positive though, the FG might have won it. I know the Gmen were down big that game and came back...which made it even worse.

Yah. He was supposed to squib the kick to avoid a return...he squibbed the kick at the Cowboys cheerleaders....gave them the ball at the 40 which allowed a quick field goal chance. I think they sent the game to OT with that and ended up winning in OT...not positive though, the FG might have won it. I know the Gmen were down big that game and came back...which made it even worse.

i don't recall how we lost but i know that kick was key. i'm sure fish will come around and give us the vivid recollection. :rolleyes:

Quick question: how many extra points has Matt Bryant missed in the two years we've had Tynes as our full time kicker?

My guess is Bryant has ZERO to Tynes' THREE. I can make extra fucking points.

So can my grandmother........and she passed away in '87.

it's merely a scare tactic like when we brought in that old ass WR to scare our young one's...well scare tactic might be a strong wording: motivational tool.

No it's not a scare tactic. You think Tynes missing FGs is because he isn't motivated enough? He just lacks the skill necessary for the position. It's a shame our FO didn't address the kicker position in the off-season. a lot of drafted rookies go unsigned anyway and we had quite a bit of picks. We surely could've have drafted someone. When you're holding your breath during a FG kick that should a chip shot.. you're in a terrible place.

No it's not a scare tactic. You think Tynes missing FGs is because he isn't motivated enough? He just lacks the skill necessary for the position. It's a shame our FO didn't address the kicker position in the off-season. a lot of drafted rookies go unsigned anyway and we had quite a bit of picks. We surely could've have drafted someone. When you're holding your breath during a FG kick that should a chip shot.. you're in a terrible place.

They didn't even bring anyone in to compete with him. Crazy.

I'm subscribing to T's theory that he has incriminating photos of Reese. :sheeplover:

Sometimes I just wonder if NFL GM's, even our very own Jerry Reese, are even aware that college football's Lou Groza award winner from last year... a guy that can kick 58 yard fgs outdoors with ease, and can drop punts on a dime inside the 5 with regularity... has been available.

Tree, Gano recently signed a deal with the Las Vegas Locomotives of the UFL. Now I have an incentive to watch. Hopefully when he shows his talent a little more for them, GM's will pull their heads out of their asses and get him signed.

*EDIT* Playing for Jim Fassel! Another ex-Giant playing for Fassel is Adrian Awasom.

The Gano that lost the Ravens kicking contest? The Gano that was 1 for 3 in pre-season?

That's who you want to kick on a Super Bowl bound team?

YES. I think his collegiate kicking statistics are much, much more relevant than one preseason.