SportsWrath

Official Prediction Thread

BIGBLUE01

Post your predictions here for the season opener vs the Washington Redskins. Post a prediction for the following 5 categories:

Winner

Score

Top Passer

Top Rusher

Top Receiver................Here's mine

Winner - NYG

Score - 31-17

Top Passer - Eli Manning 289 yds 2TD's

Top Rusher - Brandon Jacobs 115 yds 1TD

Top Receiver - Santana Moss 145yds 1 TD

No receiver named Moss is breaking 100 yards in Sunday's game.

I don't know Ross has a bad hammy,but if Santana does put up those numbers he will have more then one td and we could be in dip shit. Cause we have no reciever that will come near matching that. So lets hope he don't put up those numbers

I don't know Ross has a bad hammy,but if Santana does put up those numbers he will have more then one td and we could be in dip shit. Cause we have no reciever that will come near matching that. So lets hope he don't put up those numbers

Who's gonna throw to him? Jason Campbell will be busy eating turf all day.

This is what I'm hoping Washington does have a suspect group of tackles,Osi is fucking drooling and has been waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting to crush a QB and oh yeah there is this Tuck guy on the other side,Sheridan will be fine look it was preseason we attacked Carolina in the first game I don't think we want teams knowing what we can do,we've been laying back just waiting to unleash all of our talent on D.

But in between turf meals, he will throw to mainly Moss for 1 of two TD's, or he will get most in garbage time in the 4th qtr. I think Moss will get 145 yds receiving, and Campbell will only throw for 169 yds.

But in between turf meals, he will throw to mainly Moss for 1 of two TD's, or he will get most in garbage time in the 4th qtr. I think Moss will get 145 yds receiving, and Campbell will only throw for 169 yds.

Winner: Giants 34 - 10.

Top Passer: Eli 280 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs

Top Rusher: Jacobs 90 yards, 1 TD

Top Receiver: Boss, 8 catches (!) 105 yards, 1 TD.

Redskins linebackers are exploitable.

Winner: Giants 34 - 10.

Top Passer: Eli 280 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs

Top Rusher: Jacobs 90 yards, 1 TD

Top Receiver: Boss, 8 catches (!) 105 yards, 1 TD.

Redskins linebackers are exploitable.

True, which is why I think Smith has about 70 yds and a TD, Boss has about 80 and a TD, Hixon has 100 yds and Bradshaw rushes for 80 yds and a TD.

Winner - NYG

Score - 23-17

Top Passer - Jason Campbell 215 yds 1TD's

Top Rusher - Cliton Portis 109 yds 1TD

Top Receiver - Steve Smith 77yds 0TD

GRRRR, Nem has a running back breaking a 100 yards against us.... FAIL! :P I know I'm a homer but I don't see a running back not named Peterson or Turner breaking a hundy on us all season. That includes LT.

Winner - NYG

Score - 23-17

Top Passer - Jason Campbell 215 yds 1TD's

Top Rusher - Cliton Portis 109 yds 1TD

Top Receiver - Steve Smith 77yds 0TD

No way Portis is amassing 100 yds on us. I could see Cooley doing well, but Portis aint doin crap.

It was Cooley who lead the Skins in receptions last year; he's the safety valve.

Giants, 16-7

I think points will be tough to come by.

Eli goes something like 15-25, 200, 1 TD, 1 Int

Jacobs rushes 19 times for 87 yards, about the same as Portis...but Bradshaw adds 11 carries for 50 yards

Hixon & Smith each catch 4 balls, Hixon for 79 yards, Smith for 55. Boss gets 3 for 27 yards and the only TD. Jacobs 2 for 10, Manningham 1 for 11, Nicks 1 for 16.

I see us moving the ball well in spurts but finding Haynsworth, Inc tough to deal with on 3rd downs and in the red zone and settling for some 3's.

We're not hitting on all cylinders yet offensively.

me thinks someone has the good moss in his fantasy league

Washington: 17-6

Haynesworth bothers me. Anyone who poo-poo's Haynesworth is an idiot. It'll be a miracle if Eli makes it through this game without injury, and that alone should be considered a 'win'. Don't forget, this is the asshole who stomped on someone's head a few years back. He's Washington's $100 million dollar man, and he's going to play like he's got something to prove.

With our run game pretty much shut down, Eli will have to go to the air and find.......nobody. On the few occassions we get close, Tynes will miss from inside the 30 not once, but twice. However, he will be the only one scoring on Sunday, and the NY Post will already be calling for Coughlin's head on Monday.

We're doomed.

Washington: 17-6

Haynesworth bothers me. Anyone who poo-poo's Haynesworth is an idiot. It'll be a miracle if Eli makes it through this game without injury, and that alone should be considered a 'win'. Don't forget, this is the asshole who stomped on someone's head a few years back. He's Washington's $100 million dollar man, and he's going to play like he's got something to prove.

With our run game pretty much shut down, Eli will have to go to the air and find.......nobody. On the few occassions we get close, Tynes will miss from inside the 30 not once, but twice. However, he will be the only one scoring on Sunday, and the NY Post will already be calling for Coughlin's head on Monday.

We're doomed.

J/K.

Gmen: 24-17

But Haynesworth really does worry me.

J/K.

Gmen: 24-17

But Haynesworth really does worry me.

I'm a big advocate of saying the D can only suceed with a top notch pair of DT's, however, I'm not game planning around a DT. Jacobs isn't a real between the tackles runner anyway, he likes to get off the tackles hip and punish a LB or DB for his yards. Bradshaw is more of the between the T's guy, and since he is smaller than any DT anyway and still does well, I see no reason to fear Hayneworth.

Not dismissing him by any means, but our oline is good enough to stand against a DT. I think the Skins could have a nice dline though, but I believe they moved Orakpo to OLB.