SportsWrath

Chiefs Cut Toomer

Mr. P

Kansas City, MO -- (Sports Network) - The Kansas City Chiefs cut veteran wide receiver Amani Toomer among five rosters moves, the team announced on Tuesday.

Toomer signed with the Chiefs on August 4 after the Michigan product spent each of the first 13 seasons of his NFL career with the New York Giants.

The 34-year-old had his lowest output since 1998 last season, catching just 48 balls for 580 yards and four touchdowns in 16 games -- 12 starts.

Source: The Sports Network

No matter what Amani will always be part of the New York Giants and every Giant's fan appreciates his time with us.

He always made plays, classy dude. Never opened his mouth just played and performed.

All time great Giant. His toe tapping catches will always be remembered.

He always made plays, classy dude. Never opened his mouth just played and performed.

I will never forget That tip toe catch against Green Bay in the NFC Championship game. Unbelievable play...

I will never forget That tip toe catch against Green Bay in the NFC Championship game. Unbelievable play...

I'll never forget the play where his shin touched the ground but his knee didn't. One of the most amazing things I've ever seen on the field, ironically I'm pretty sure it was against the Chiefs.

Absolutely, his classic when we beat the then 13-0 Denver Broncos catching a bomb from Kent Graham comes to mind.