SportsWrath

The Wildcat Offense

Sephiroth

Will it's a copycat league and some teams have taken notice of the Wildcat offense.

I think it will be around for a few mores years where you see it used acouple times a game, but it really depends on the success. I mean if the Pats start using it and add ever more power to their already crazy offense then I think the rest of the league will keep using it. However if teams who keep using it keep loosing i.e. Run and Shoot then your going to see it fade away to more of a gimmick play.

So it really depends on what teams implement it, which team drafted that QB this year? The one that everyone was saying was a prefect Wildcat QB? wasn't it Miami?

It's a viable offense as long as defenses don't adjust to it. There are enough wrinkles in it that it can be used effectively on a part-time basis, I believe. However, it is not a offense that can be used full-time with consistent success.

I recall Coughlin saying that it is not anything new, it was just previously called the single-wing offense. It faded and now it's back, like fads come, go, and come back again.

It's a viable offense as long as defenses don't adjust to it. There are enough wrinkles in it that it can be used effectively on a part-time basis, I believe. However, it is not a offense that can be used full-time with consistent success.

I recall Coughlin saying that it is not anything new, it was just previously called the single-wing offense. It faded and now it's back, like fads come, go, and come back again.

going out on a limb with that statement...anyway, the dog sees this offense being obsolete within 2 years...this system works at lower levels where the speed and quickness of athletes can be exploited, and the recovery time is less for defensive players...in the NFL, once the schemes are accounted for, the defensive players are too quick and adjust too quickly when out of position for this to work long term in the dog's opinion...it is the same reason why you can't run the option in the NFL....

Don't worry about it

Coughlin will run the Wildcat right after he petitions the Mara's for cheerleaders

IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN

The Eagles will kill us with Vick and the wildcat..........until fatso clobbers him out of bounds again

as to the viability of the offense......its great

this is why college teams are so high scoring and the games more entertaining......they experiment and use a lot of deception

The NFL is stuck in a time warp.....or was until Parcells shook things up with this offense

In the NFL innovation and "trick plays" are scorned in the tight community of conservative owners and coaches- Parcells does not like owners in general, always feuds with them since ol man Mara fired him for a certain undisclosed indiscretion

He would not even sit at the same dinner table as Kraft, and screwed the Jets and Cowboys

The guy is on a mission to torture franchises if they question him for a second

Until they figure out how to disguise it better it'll remain a gimmick. Someone like Vick could help accomplish that but I think you need an RB who's a genuine passing threat to really make it viable as a full-time set-up.

frankly i hope the eagles bury us with Vick and the Wildcat

maybe it will result in coughlin being called on the carpet once again, and make him do something to make us a contender again

like look around the league for a real tested DC, and sit down Fatso

frankly i hope the eagles bury us with Vick and the Wildcat

maybe it will result in coughlin being called on the carpet once again, and make him do something to make us a contender again

like look around the league for a real tested DC, and sit down Fatso

You go ahead, then, root for the Eagles. The rest of realize we are more than contenders right now. We just came off a 12-4 season for the love, and our defense is improved, with our passing game working together for a whole camp. Most of us realize that we are poised for a run at the championship. So we'll enjoy this team while you applaud the Eagles. Maybe we can find a good Eagles message board for you to visit.

You go ahead, then, root for the Eagles. The rest of realize we are more than contenders right now. We just came off a 12-4 season for the love, and our defense is improved, with our passing game working together for a whole camp. Most of us realize that we are poised for a run at the championship. So we'll enjoy this team while you applaud the Eagles. Maybe we can find a good Eagles message board for you to visit.

we just came off losing 4 out 5 at the most critical time of year

that cannot be ignored, especially with Plax gone, Spags gone, Toomer gone......and no apparent effort to upgrade our LBers or WRs

Giving a mediocre QB the biggest salary in the NFL just boggles my mind.......continuing to start the worst MLBer in the NFL blows it

Who is running the Giants front office

Pee Wee Herman???

we just came off losing 4 out 5 at the most critical time of year

that cannot be ignored, especially with Plax gone, Spags gone, Toomer gone......and no apparent effort to upgrade our LBers or WRs

Giving a mediocre QB the biggest salary in the NFL just boggles my mind.......continuing to start the worst MLBer in the NFL blows it

Who is running the Giants front office

Pee Wee Herman???

Wildcat is completely gimmick, it won't work against Justin Tuck and Osi Umenyiora.

Wildcat is completely gimmick, it won't work against Justin Tuck and Osi Umenyiora.

well it might work once but not twice. Strahan would've sniffed it out in the huddle.

i was watching ESPN or should I say the Vick Channel this morning and the teaser was "Giants already practicing to stop Vick"

Apparently they filmed the Giants practicing against the wildcat and turned that into a Vick related headline. That's when I changed the channel.

Until they figure out how to disguise it better it'll remain a gimmick. Someone like Vick could help accomplish that but I think you need an RB who's a genuine passing threat to really make it viable as a full-time set-up.

You mean like Randall Cunningham???

these qb's ( runners who can throw ) are always praised to high heaven and provide great highlights for the networks. What they generally don't do is win Championships although Cunningham did have 1 good season with te Vikes at the end of his career when he was no longer a true threat to run.

these qb's ( runners who can throw ) are always praised to high heaven and provide great highlights for the networks. What they generally don't do is win Championships although Cunningham did have 1 good season with te Vikes at the end of his career when he was no longer a true threat to run.

cunningham did a lot of damage to the giants d in the games i watched.

Exactly. When was the last time Mcnabb or Michael Vick won a Super Bowl? Hell, running QBs like Vince Young generally ride the pine when their respective teams realize it doesn't work in the NFL.

cunningham did a lot of damage to the giants d in the games i watched.

Sure, during his tenure with the Eagles, Punkingham had some good games against us. He also put up some impressive individual stats. So What?

During that same period of time we won 2 Super Bowls.

I mean you need both a QB who can run and an RB who can genuinely pass. I agree that just a running QB isn't enough.

LOL at Jack Stroud......what a dipshit. I got him on ignore, but in someones reply, he's hoping for the eagles to bury us. You're the kind of fan I wish I would see at the bar. I'd slap the shit right outta your mouth. Get the fuck outta here ya twit.

Why would you put Jack on ignore, he's the funniest poster on the board.

LOL at Jack Stroud......what a dipshit. I got him on ignore, but in someones reply, he's hoping for the eagles to bury us. You're the kind of fan I wish I would see at the bar. I'd slap the shit right outta your mouth. Get the fuck outta here ya twit.

tell mr dipshit i'll meet him at any bar anytime

would love to bitch slap him

tell him to look for the 235 lb 6 foot 2 dude who wrestled and boxed at cw post university

i promise not to leave him permanently disabled

tell mr dipshit i'll meet him at any bar anytime

would love to bitch slap him

tell him to look for the 235 lb 6 foot 2 dude who wrestled and boxed at cw post university

i promise not to leave him permanently disabled