SportsWrath

If you could poach one player from another team...

Treehugger

i don't think it was the steroids that stopped merriman's personal wrecking crew.........it was the torn ACL

and the SOB continued to play with it........not smart I'll admit

anyway he had the surgery, he should be back to his old ways.............the guy is a freak......and I dont think it was all steroids

PS- you rank Eli over Peyton ,and Tom Brady??????? don't know where to begin to refute that.......thats unbelievable

on what basis?????

I didn't rank Eli over the other two...if you read what I posted a couple of posts up, I'm basing my choices on what we already have, and where the new guy would have the greatest impact. We have a top-ten QB already. Would either one of those two improve things significantly more than having a top-flight WR would?

Especially Peyton, who has played a majority of the games in his career in a roofed stadium. Would his play in the Meadowlands be better than Eli's? To me, that's a huge maybe to have...

i don't think it was the steroids that stopped merriman's personal wrecking crew.........it was the torn ACL

and the SOB continued to play with it........not smart I'll admit

anyway he had the surgery, he should be back to his old ways.............the guy is a freak......and I dont think it was all steroids

PS- you rank Eli over Peyton ,and Tom Brady??????? don't know where to begin to refute that.......thats unbelievable

on what basis?????

Prolonged use of steroids eat away at your body and make your chances of injury skyrocket. Once you stop taking the juice your body freaks out and you get hurt a lot more than normal.

I didn't rank Eli over the other two...if you read what I posted a couple of posts up, I'm basing my choices on what we already have, and where the new guy would have the greatest impact. We have a top-ten QB already. Would either one of those two improve things significantly more than having a top-flight WR would?

Especially Peyton, who has played a majority of the games in his career in a roofed stadium. Would his play in the Meadowlands be better than Eli's? To me, that's a huge maybe to have...

That is true. The Meadowlands has to be one of the toughest places in the league to throw a ball.

Were talking about two of the best QBs to ever play the game here (you must bleed Blue)...........i don't care if their playing in Siberia. YES Peyton and Brady would make us a dynasty

And no it would not matter if they threw to the WRs we have now.......They would make this offense sing, and those WRs stars

Eli is an average QB......don't let the SB run fool you. Plaxico wa sa HUGE target capable of hauling in errant throws . The guy has footwork problems and accuracy issues.........He's no Peyton Manning.......dome or no dome. The only similarity in the two is they had the exact same parents. Eli had a horrendous end to last year and he played horribly against Philadelphia. He's up and down..........the other two are just up up and away

Is Eli better at his position than say Antonio Pierce???.........that is an affermative, but he's not top ten.......maybe top 15-16

I think it has to

DeMarcus Ware is nice for sure, but we our passrush is already very very good (and would likely play DE).

I guess I would go with Joe Thomas (Browns) and move Diehl back to LG. I think that would be the biggest long term, impact on the team.

Id have to go with Ware, no question. Could you imagine??? Id litteraly fear for QB's lives, adding him to our crew.

Ware is very very good when he comes to play......... but disappears at times. perhaps that is due to our brutal style, perhaps he just does not show up sometimes.

It must be tough getting up for every game with Wade Philips as your HC, and Jerry Jones your GM.

Ware is a very very good pass rusher....I would not rate him a great tackler.......the one memorable tackle was when he clotheslined Tiki but it was illegal (although not called)

There have been games where we have neutralized hm completely.......you cannot neutralize a healthy Merriman

Maybe Ware would develop as a better all round tackler if he had our D line in front of him to free him up more

Were talking about two of the best QBs to ever play the game here (you must bleed Blue)...........i don't care if their playing in Siberia. YES Peyton and Brady would make us a dynasty

And no it would not matter if they threw to the WRs we have now.......They would make this offense sing, and those WRs stars

Eli is an average QB......don't let the SB run fool you. Plaxico wa sa HUGE target capable of hauling in errant throws . The guy has footwork problems and accuracy issues.........He's no Peyton Manning.......dome or no dome. The only similarity in the two is they had the exact same parents. Eli had a horrendous end to last year and he played horribly against Philadelphia. He's up and down..........the other two are just up up and away

Is Eli better at his position than say Antonio Pierce???.........that is an affermative, but he's not top ten.......maybe top 15-16

Matt Cassel took Tom Brady's team to an 11-5 record last year, and damn near the playoffs. In his first full season. I'm not saying that Brady is only a product of the team around him, but how many more games would he have won last year? 2-3?

Peyton is capable of some real stinkers, too. He had one game last year when he threw what? 5 ints? He's human, and is capable of having bad games, just like anyone else.

We were 12-4 last year: 3 losses came after our DL wore down (which we've improved) and Burress was out for the remainder of the season. Burress was having a pretty lackluster season before the shooting, but he was commanding double teams, which allowed other WRs to get open--once he was gone, we no longer had that advantage, and it showed.

Maybe they would make one of our WR a star--maybe Eli does the same thing--Plaxico wasn''t really a big name until he came here. I'm saying that a top-notch WR would make the process go that much quicker.

Yeah, Urlacher is a tad old. Id say Dansby, Ware, or Patrick Willis.

Well, it's obvious the choice is between MLB or WR (I can see the need for a blitzing dominant OLB though)

For my MLB choice, it's between Willis and Demeco Ryans, I'll go with Ryans simply because i have seen many more Texans games than 9ers games somehow.

For my WR choice, I have to go with Andre Johnson, he is the single best receiver in the league. Fitzy is a fine choice, as would be Calvin Johnson, but Andre has unbelievably strong hands and just muscles the ball away from defenders.

I'll even go with an off beat pick and throw Reggie bush's name in the ring. I'm a big fan of Bradshaw and I'm on board with Ware and the rookie, but Bush, while not an every down back, not a between the tackles guy, is deadly out of the backfirld and returning punts.

But, the poll question posed is which One player would i poach. I'd go with Andre Johnson, I like what we have at the receiver position, but i'd also like to have the comfort in knowing we have a premier WR. Plus, imho, a stud MLB is easier to get later in round one than a stud WR. I think Ryans was taken late in the first. The truly dominant WR's are almost always off the board before the 10th pick.

Matt Cassel took Tom Brady's team to an 11-5 record last year, and damn near the playoffs. In his first full season. I'm not saying that Brady is only a product of the team around him, but how many more games would he have won last year? 2-3?

Peyton is capable of some real stinkers, too. He had one game last year when he threw what? 5 ints? He's human, and is capable of having bad games, just like anyone else.

We were 12-4 last year: 3 losses came after our DL wore down (which we've improved) and Burress was out for the remainder of the season. Burress was having a pretty lackluster season before the shooting, but he was commanding double teams, which allowed other WRs to get open--once he was gone, we no longer had that advantage, and it showed.

Maybe they would make one of our WR a star--maybe Eli does the same thing--Plaxico wasn''t really a big name until he came here. I'm saying that a top-notch WR would make the process go that much quicker.

If i remember correctly, and i may be well off base, but I think Plax was considered a bust, more or less.

Well, after checking out his stats, he had 2 1000 yard years, but still, he became a star when with the Giants.

If i remember correctly, and i may be well off base, but I think Plax was considered a bust, more or less.

Well, after checking out his stats, he had 2 1000 yard years, but still, he became a star when with the Giants.

i'd say plax is all pro level

the juice for the giants is he had a huge catchable zone........as admitted by jerry reese

Eli has trouble spotting the ball so his value to the giants was higher

anyway hes off to prison for 18 months min

i'd say plax is all pro level

the juice for the giants is he had a huge catchable zone........as admitted by jerry reese

Eli has trouble spotting the ball so his value to the giants was higher

anyway hes off to prison for 18 months min

I also think Plax's huge catch zone is a reason why his accuracy didn't seem great. We went to that well a lot. I guess we'll find out some things this year, as I said before, I think we'll see a noticable improvement in Eli's accuracy this season.

I also think Plax's huge catch zone is a reason why his accuracy didn't seem great. We went to that well a lot. I guess we'll find out some things this year, as I said before, I think we'll see a noticable improvement in Eli's accuracy this season.

i hope so.........and he better stop doing the Kerry Collins step in the bucket dance

This is an easy one for me- Calvin Johnson

What he does with that crappy team is truly amazing. Just think what he could do with a halfway decent offense.

Yes, I want to change my vote now. Can't believe I forgot about CJ. Although I don't think you can go wrong with him, Larry Fitzgerald, or Andre Johnson.

What has Merriman done since he got busted for steroids, though?

If I wanted a WR, I'd poach Fitz as well.

Might even steal another Card, Carlos Dansby--young, up and coming, and already a fine LB.

I think Dansby is one of the best defenders in the NFL.

Yes, I want to change my vote now. Can't believe I forgot about CJ. Although I don't think you can go wrong with him, Larry Fitzgerald, or Andre Johnson.

i would take any of those but Calvin has the most upside because it would be like freeing him from jail.

Brian Urlacher. Think how sick our LB's would be, and how great our overall D would become.With Eli, the run game and our young receivers, we'd be lethal.

I don't think Urlacher is where he used to be only a few years ago. He's been mediocre compared to his stellar seasons past. I'd like to say Fitz but I think Nicks will be there in no time.. certainly sooner that it took Fitz. Being that I'm a defensive minded person I'd have to say Demarcus Ware. The guy is simply amazing and in his prime. And it would fill a hole where Perice has been sub-par of late.

I'd have to say Merriman.

LB is the one spot on the team where we don't really have anybody that strikes fear into the heart of the opponent... though WR is a close second.

You mean the over-hyped dude who got busted for steroid use? No thanks, I'd rather pluck a Danny Ware from our opponents that Dallas Cowboys. Him and Canty would be paying Romo a visit in the backfield so much.. just to say hello Ms Braxton :wub: .

ed reed, polamalu, andre johnson, larry fitz, patrick willis

Hey easy there buddy. Tree said to plauck a player not rob the church :D. But yea.. great list lol.

btw, how are you recovering?

Probably because I watch him more often, I do not take in many Ravens games but if the Steelers are on I normally watch them. For my money, polamalu is one of the smarter players in the game, he is always in the correct position and by the ball, match him up with the Gmen pass rush and you have a recipe for a lot of INTs

I don't know about Polamalu sometimes he gets beat on quick slants and sometimes is out of postion,super bowl 43 Fitz made him look silly on that slant he took to the house to go ahead. Before you say it was one play i've seen a few were Polamalu can be taken out of the equation,I personally think Ed Reed is the better overall safety has far has one player I would poach and I am being realistic more then anything but it would have to be Braylon, I know he had a "down" year but, the Browns were down to their third string QB last year which was the cause of most problems if Derek Anderson stays healthy I think Edwards can put numbers similar to 2007 where he was a pro bowler,Edwards is also still young and if put on a winning team I think he would be more focused he also steps up on a big stage and is great in the clutch. I was really hoping we got him but theres always next year where he is a FA