SportsWrath

If you could poach one player from another team...

Treehugger

...who would it be?

For me it'd probably be Demarcus Ware; the only opponent I really worry about facing.

I like it. I'm going to the offensive side, though. Although he's way overhyped right now, I'm saying Larry Fitzgerald. But I was torn between him and Andre Johnson.

The Fitz, we wouldnt have to worry about our #1 WR for years.

That was who first came to mind for me... fills a need and is a great player...

Polamalu would be another player I would love to see in Giants blue... but Saftey is not a glaring need on this team.

That was who first came to mind for me... fills a need and is a great player...

Polamalu would be another player I would love to see in Giants blue... but Saftey is not a glaring need on this team.

Oh, no disrespect to Polamalu, but if you're going safety why not Ed Reed? If I were to go defense, that's who I'd take. He's a touchdown maker for the defense! Kenny P and Ed Reed in the same defensive backfield? Fuggedaboutit!

Oh, no disrespect to Polamalu, but if you're going safety why not Ed Reed? If I were to go defense, that's who I'd take. He's a touchdown maker for the defense! Kenny P and Ed Reed in the same defensive backfield? Fuggedaboutit!

Not a lot of thinking involved here

Eli's big Brother, or Tom Brady.........no disrepect to Eli but Eli is an up and down QB with questionable footwork and accuracy

If on the Defense Shawn Merriman (if he's healthy)

to the guy who picked Urlacher.........Urlacher has a chronic arthritic back........sorry too late :o(

What has Merriman done since he got busted for steroids, though?

If I wanted a WR, I'd poach Fitz as well.

Might even steal another Card, Carlos Dansby--young, up and coming, and already a fine LB.

OH Yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carlos Dansby is way better than Ben, Peyton, Demarcus, or Shawn

Are you on Drugs???????

Probably because I watch him more often, I do not take in many Ravens games but if the Steelers are on I normally watch them. For my money, polamalu is one of the smarter players in the game, he is always in the correct position and by the ball, match him up with the Gmen pass rush and you have a recipe for a lot of INTs

ed reed, polamalu, andre johnson, larry fitz, patrick willis

Yes all great choices. What's great is nobody wants a QB (except Jack), a RB, a DE, a DT, a CB, or a OL, because we are so loaded.

I'm surprised Jack didn't say John Carney, though.

OH Yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carlos Dansby is way better than Ben, Peyton, Demarcus, or Shawn

Are you on Drugs???????

Again--WHAT HAS MERRIMAN DONE SINCE HE WAS BUSTED WITH STEROIDS? It's a legit question. Here's part of the answer--spent 2008 on IR because of a fucked-up knee. You can grab any player in the league, and you want someone that hasn't played a down since having reconstructive knee surgery? I wasn't attacking anyone, just curious why you and Sephiroth would pick him. In 2007, he had 68 tackles, so I don't know if he is just a one-trick pony. We have enough pass-rushers, we need LBs that can handle the short passes to RBs and TEs.

We don't need a QB--and I didn't mention those guys at all. But since your ok with attacking me, it would be fucking stupid to get a second franchise QB, since it doesn't really improve the team. Especially Peyton, who plays most of his games indoors, and could very well have the same problems in the Meadowlands as his brother does.

I would prefer Fitzgerald more than anyone else--thought I made that clear. I wouldn't mind grabbing Dansby, because like I said, he's young, healthy, and is already showing to be a solid linebacker. I wouldn't have a problem with Ware, either, other than he's a 3-4 linebacker, and I don't know how he'd do in our defense. If he could handle our MLB, I'd be fine with him as well.

Again--WHAT HAS MERRIMAN DONE SINCE HE WAS BUSTED WITH STEROIDS? It's a legit question. Here's part of the answer--spent 2008 on IR because of a fucked-up knee. You can grab any player in the league, and you want someone that hasn't played a down since having reconstructive knee surgery? I wasn't attacking anyone, just curious why you and Sephiroth would pick him. In 2007, he had 68 tackles, so I don't know if he is just a one-trick pony. We have enough pass-rushers, we need LBs that can handle the short passes to RBs and TEs.

We don't need a QB--and I didn't mention those guys at all. But since your ok with attacking me, it would be fucking stupid to get a second franchise QB, since it doesn't really improve the team. Especially Peyton, who plays most of his games indoors, and could very well have the same problems in the Meadowlands as his brother does.

I would prefer Fitzgerald more than anyone else--thought I made that clear. I wouldn't mind grabbing Dansby, because like I said, he's young, healthy, and is already showing to be a solid linebacker. I wouldn't have a problem with Ware, either, other than he's a 3-4 linebacker, and I don't know how he'd do in our defense. If he could handle our MLB, I'd be fine with him as well.

Dansby had one good run......can he keep it up?

Your gong to #1 on a VERY VERY short resume...........but who knows, in the long run you may come up aces

Dansby had one good run......can he keep it up?

Your gong to #1 on a VERY VERY short resume...........but who knows, in the long run you may come up aces

I'm trying to think of this like I had to get a FA with money to burn. How do I improve the team as it's already set up? That means a young guy beginning his peak, that is already playing a similar scheme as we do. Or a position that doesn't rely as heavily on scheme. So with defenders you have to be really careful.

That's why I'd prefer Fitz. Obviously, the guy can help us immediately.

But deep down I'd love to improve the LBs, particularly MLB, but with a guy that plays the position, not an ILB that might succeed. Maybe Barrett Ruud.

i don't think it was the steroids that stopped merriman's personal wrecking crew.........it was the torn ACL

and the SOB continued to play with it........not smart I'll admit

anyway he had the surgery, he should be back to his old ways.............the guy is a freak......and I dont think it was all steroids

PS- you rank Eli over Peyton ,and Tom Brady??????? don't know where to begin to refute that.......thats unbelievable

on what basis?????

I thought Merriman's steroids charge was of the "I took X, Y, and Z supplement and the A, B, and C parts of it weren't listed on the label" variety.

If that's not the case, I'd take Ware instead. I don't like cheaters.