SportsWrath

LBer Karlos Dansby

Lughead

Dansby "wouldn't mind at all" playing for Giants

Cardinals LB Karlos Dansby, who could become a free agent later this month, was on The Sirius Blitz today with John Riggins and Adam Schein when the topic of him being courted by the Gainst came up.

Here's the transcript:

Adam Schein: “Would you like the opportunity to play in a big market and specifically with the Giants? I’ve heard that the Giants have interest in you. What’s your reaction to that? Would that be a good fit?”

Karlos Dansby: “Oh, that’s a-whole-nother animal, man. Playing in New York? Who wouldn’t want to play in New York? That’s just like playing for the Dallas Cowboys, you know what I’m saying? It’s a big market. You’re going to get an opportunity to be prime time. It’s a huge market. I wouldn’t mind playing in a huge market. I wouldn’t mind at all. It’s a tough situation to be in for me. Like I said, I want to make sure I’m comfortable, my family is comfortable, and everybody’s happy with the situation. Like I said, Arizona is up first. They gave me the first opportunity so they are the first ones I’m going to take a look at.”

Other than not knowing that Giants fans probably don't take kindly to being compared to the Dallas Cowboys, it sounds like it wouldn't take much to talk Dansby into becoming a Giant. And if he wants any tips on moving to NY, he can ask his old teammate Calvin Pace who signed with the Jets during free agency last year

from Tom Rock

I want him on the team, but I want to kick him in the nuts first for comparing us to the Cowboys.

he was talking about the Prime time market when comparing Dallas (having just won the superbowl and already won next years) with the big apple prime time market of the Giants he was not comparing to teams as equal. he was look at Authentic Jersey sales

he was talking about the Prime time market when comparing Dallas (having just won the superbowl and already won next years) with the big apple prime time market of the Giants he was not comparing to teams as equal. he was look at Authentic Jersey sales

So what. Kick him squarely in the nuts, then sign him. But definately sign him, he's a pretty good LB and was the Cards leading tackler.

Then have someone teach him to NEVER compare us to the fuckin cowgirls. :furious:

Dansby Player Profile on ESPN.com

I know he's a tackling machine, I would welcome him on the team. As I've said numerous times, I think our most glaring weakness on defense is not having a reliable weakside linebacker with good pass coverage skills.

Bigblue, I know you are in the Arizona market, if you've seen a lot of their games, can you tell me if he would be good in pass coverage against the pass-catching runningbacks and tight ends in our division? At 6-4 and 250 lbs, he strikes me as someone maybe a little bigger than the ideal weakside coverage linebacker.

However, I can imagine a scenario of Dansby playing the weakside, Pierce of course in the middle, and Kiwi on the strongside on 1st and 2nd downs, and then on obvious passing downs having Kiwi go to DE in the nickel, alongside Cofield, Tuck and Umenyiora, with Dansby and Kehl at linebackers. The otherside of that is that it is probably not realistic not having Pierce on the field in the nickel package. Still, that would be filthy.

So what. Kick him squarely in the nuts, then sign him. But definately sign him, he's a pretty good LB and was the Cards leading tackler.

Then have someone teach him to NEVER compare us to the fuckin cowgirls. :furious:

The only time the Giants should be mentioned in the same breath as the Broke Backs is when we are pounding them. :furious:

Every time I've ever seen the Cards play, Dansby is always around the ball. I'd love to have him on the Giants.

Exactly. And this goes out to you AllstarJim as well, he is very quick for his size and as Joe stated, has a nose for the ball. Even though Im in AZ, I dont pay a whole lot of attention to the Cards, but they are on TV and in the paper alot, so I cant help but know a tad about him. And I think he would fit fine in our system. Then, we could use our high draft picks for some new Oline blood for the future.

Well he is the best linebacker available IMHO. Had more sacks by himself than all of our linebackers last season. I don't think he fits what the Giants have targeted in the past years for the position.

Won't be surprised if the Giants take a pass on Dansby.

Well he is the best linebacker available IMHO. Had more sacks by himself than all of our linebackers last season. I don't think he fits what the Giants have targeted in the past years for the position.

Won't be surprised if the Giants take a pass on Dansby.

I wouldn't be surprised either, but our lbs are weak and everyone knows it. We gotta stop signing stopgaps and pick up a difference maker.