SportsWrath

Where you at 85?

Lughead

link PFW

Whispers — NFC East

Giants might have interest in Ocho Cinco at right price — maybe

Jan. 24, 2009

Chad Ocho Cinco to the Giants? Hang on a minute. Yes, rumors have floated that the Giants might be interested in adding a receiver, especially given Plaxico Burress’ legal situation and the fact that Amani Toomer is a free agent and not likely to be back. But as much as GM Jerry Reese likes talent, we hear there might be some people in the organization who would oppose the move, given Ocho Cinco’s histrionics and the potential clash it might cause with the businesslike atmosphere head coach Tom Coughlin has worked hard to establish. That said, the Giants would be buying low. Ocho Cinco is coming off his worst season since becoming a star, and the Bengals are said to be willing to move him at a friendly price.

The Cowboys had to be glad to hear that QB Tony Romo plans to be a better leader next season. The criticism that has come down on Romo, which some have said caused a lack of respect for offensive coordinator Jason Garrett, appears to be somewhat legitimate. But we hear Garrett was lax toward other players, as well, for not working hard enough, thereby appearing to give different players different sets of rules depending on who they were.

Eagles FS Brian Dawkins might be 35 years old, but his strong finish to the season and his desire to return to Philadelphia make it a strong likelihood he’ll be back. The Eagles probably would like to sign the free-agent-to-be to a one-year deal but might be willing to offer Dawkins two years. The team does not believe Quintin Demps, drafted as a possible long-term replacement for Dawkins, is ready to take

HMMMMM? :unsure:

I was thinking about this last night. As much as I hate his antics, I think Tom can keep him in line. He has taken a media whipping the past 2 seasons and I think he wants to rid himself of that bad label he has developed. In a year where free agency wide receivers are non-existent, this would be a great move considering the price tag he would come with (probably nothing more than a 2nd or 3rd round pick in the draft). Plus, we all know he wasn't busting his ass in Cinci this year. He even joked about it during a halftime interview of the Jets-Pats game on NFL network with Deion. He said something along the lines of "yea I guess I'm just washed up. It all went away overnight for me" or something to that extent before smiling ear to ear. He has wanted out of Cinci sooo badly for the past 1-2 years and I think he could do big things for us.

every time I hear some say more than 1 pick for anybody I gotta scratch my head :confused:

when ever there is a name brought up some one always says 2 different picks and 2 and 3 or a 3 and a 5

why not just a 2 he was selected in the 2nd round in 2001 in the league 9 years has to of lost a step. or 1/2 a step.

plus there is the fact that his contract is extended to 2010

contract link

let's not give up the farm for 1 cow, goat or what ever you farm.....clown's now if you were farming clowns this may be good. Although he has been humbled this year and you didn't see any Showboating or td dances by Ocho Cinco this year.

ohhh 1 stipulation if the Mara's do do this deal Chad has got to change his name back to Johnson this Ocho Cinco/85 was a lame self marketing attempt by him.

Theres no reason why we shouldn't get him or Boldin in the offseason. The Giants are not going to win the superbowl with Hixon as their number one receiver. Boldin or Chad - The only 2 quality realistic receivers avaliable trades - we gotta make a move... I don't care if we gave up a second and fifth that essentially be trading Shockey for Chad... As for Boldin I would trade our 2 and 3 for him.

Theres no reason why we shouldn't get him or Boldin in the offseason. The Giants are not going to win the superbowl with Hixon as their number one receiver. Boldin or Chad - The only 2 quality realistic receivers avaliable trades - we gotta make a move... I don't care if we gave up a second and fifth that essentially be trading Shockey for Chad... As for Boldin I would trade our 2 and 3 for him.

I agree

maybe we can get even younger and go for Braylon Edwards whos coming off an off year.

Boldin isnt a realistic trade.

Sure he wants out but unless we offer our entire draft the Cards wont do it.

I see some stupid fuck team like the Raiders offering their 1st, 2nd, 3rd and next years 1st for the guy.

Chad is really the only realistic trade I see at the moment.

Boldin isnt a realistic trade.

Sure he wants out but unless we offer our entire draft the Cards wont do it.

I see some stupid fuck team like the Raiders offering their 1st, 2nd, 3rd and next years 1st for the guy.

Chad is really the only realistic trade I see at the moment.

as well as Braylon Edwards

and Boldin will cost a 2 and a 3

as well as Braylon Edwards

and Boldin will cost a 2 and a 3

:LMAO:

Yeah and we can get Peyton Manning for a 5th.

Bolding will atleast be a 1st with a 4th-7th tacked on, the Cards have a great WR that most teams will want and it's going to take a big offer to land him.

Edwards is the only WR the Browns have, he will get big money from him and I doubt he will be going anywhere.

:LMAO:

Yeah and we can get Peyton Manning for a 5th.

Bolding will atleast be a 1st with a 4th-7th tacked on, the Cards have a great WR that most teams will want and it's going to take a big offer to land him.

Edwards is the only WR the Browns have, he will get big money from him and I doubt he will be going anywhere.

ok the Cards will NOT get a 1st for him. HELL NO

and if thats what it takes then I would still do it, cuz without a good WR, we are not gonna win SHIT, were not goin anywhere without a good WR. so its worth IMO

ok the Cards will NOT get a 1st for him. HELL NO

and if thats what it takes then I would still do it, cuz without a good WR, we are not gonna win SHIT, were not goin anywhere without a good WR. so its worth IMO

That was my point - At WORST he will be gone for a first round pick (nothing more on top of that)... He's a top 10 wr in the league... probably top 5... No reason why we shouldnt do this... Better than gambling on a player in the first.

Uh... are you all out of your minds?

NO to Crotcho Stinko. :TD:

100% agree, I'm amazed at all the rationalizing on here. Let him go elsewhere with his me first agenda which could well be worse than TO. At least TO is a better wide receiver.

A 3rd or 4th rounder should do it.

Pull the trigger.

Johnson is exactly what the Giants need in my opinion. He's Plax...without the guns.

Last year a 1st and a 3rd (possibly upgraded to a 2nd) weren't enough. Now it will only take a 3rd or 4th?

...maybe, Ocho Cinco's stock is way down. And with good reason. He's proving to be TO without the work ethic.

I think that if Britt is there the Giants have to take him, but people must realize, Wr's seldom come into the league and make an immediate impact. It could take time. Do not sleep on Manninghan yet either. I saw a great article today that went over WR stats their first year, from Rice to Plax to Irvin, they all took time.

Ocho Cinco? Hmm well I can guarantee one thing, he will not be #85. Tyree gets that digit and IMO if Tyree is healthy there is a definite need and spot for him on this team. Notice the kick coverage diminishing this year and when if called upon as a WR did Tyree ever disappoint? From the injuries in late 2004 when he was actually starting to Carolina in 06 to the SB, Tyree can get it done if needed.