SportsWrath

2009 Opponents

Nesta

New York Giants

Home: Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington, Atlanta, Carolina, Arizona, Oakland, San Diego

Away: Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Minnesota, Denver, Kansas City

Much easier than '08 anyway.

I dunno about that, all but Oakland and Kansas City are play off or play off caliber teams. And don't sleep on KC, I like their new QB and if they can get that line in some kind of shape, they are gonna play spoilers to a laot of teams.

I was thinking the same thing. That is not an easy schedule. The AFC West was a weak division last year but Oakland, KC, and Denver are all young teams getting better. And the NFC South is arguably the second best division in football. Add those two to being a division champ and going against the other previous season division champs (Vikings and Cardinals) and it is a pretty decent schedule.

10-6, splitting the division. I'm assuming Arizona and Minny will be home games, just based on the fact we played them away in '08. I thought the last San Diego game was away too. Of course anything can happen, but that's not an easy schedule to call.

New York Giants

Home: Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington, Atlanta, Carolina, Arizona, Oakland, San Diego

Away: Dallas, Philadelphia, Washington, New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Minnesota, Denver, Kansas City

Much easier than '08 anyway.

although it is way too soon to speculate, the dog doesn't see this as all that easy...

the division games in the NFC east will amount to anything from a 2-4 record to a 4-2 record.

Atlanta could very well have that let down year after making such strides as often happens (especially at the QB position), but with the ground game they are competetive. Carolina will be tough again. Arizona depends on the QB situation. Oakland, as bad as they are, played a lot of tough games this year (solid improving defense and young talent on offense). San Diego is good, and will only get better.

New Orleans will be back in the mix and most likely a playoff team, possible super bowl contender. Tampa is annoying to play, and are always tough. Minnesota always seems to have the giants number, and they are good anyway. Denver will be much improved (this year they played with 7 different starting running backs and for a four game stretch played with 5 rookies starting on defense due to injuries), and KC improved greatly despite the record over the final stretch of the season...

Again, way too soon to speculate, but in this league, you can either rise or drop very quickly...

I call it now, Dallas will be a mess in 2009. 7-9, 6-10. Utter disaster.

Speculating on the toughness and easiness of a schedule at this point is preposterous. One thing I guarantee, Dallas is done. They will fire Philips and make a run at Cowher or Shanahan after a mess of a season. Washington could be better, but I do not see it. Philly? Who knows.

I was thinking the same thing. That is not an easy schedule. The AFC West was a weak division last year but Oakland, KC, and Denver are all young teams getting better. And the NFC South is arguably the second best division in football. Add those two to being a division champ and going against the other previous season division champs (Vikings and Cardinals) and it is a pretty decent schedule.

I wouldn't predict the AFC West at all. They were bad this year, and they could be just as bad next year--or not. Oakland, KC, and Denver all are in the hunt for new coaches, so who knows how that will turn out. Never underestimate the ability of Norv Turner to screw a team up.

10-6, splitting the division. I'm assuming Arizona and Minny will be home games, just based on the fact we played them away in '08. I thought the last San Diego game was away too. Of course anything can happen, but that's not an easy schedule to call.

I agree 10-6 seems an accurate call. Injuries are always the x-factor, but we lost our best defender for the year and went 12-4.

I agree 10-6 seems an accurate call. Injuries are always the x-factor, but we lost our best defender for the year and went 12-4.

Its always impossible to tell. Who had the Seahawks being one of the worst teams in the league, the Cowboys not even making the playoffs, the Titans having the run they did, etc...

I call it now, Dallas will be a mess in 2009. 7-9, 6-10. Utter disaster.

Speculating on the toughness and easiness of a schedule at this point is preposterous. One thing I guarantee, Dallas is done. They will fire Philips and make a run at Cowher or Shanahan after a mess of a season. Washington could be better, but I do not see it. Philly? Who knows.

Cowher is a good coach, but I'd crap my pants if Shanahan took over the Cowboys. Outside of Belichick, Shanahan was the best coach in the AFC.

I wouldn't call beating out 2nd team by 1 point with a last second FG "having our number".

perhaps not having their number, but the giants are 0 for the last three against the vikings, and dating back to 1997 (10 years), they are 3-6 against them. Either way, the dog is just saying that is never an easy game...

Cowher is a good coach, but I'd crap my pants if Shanahan took over the Cowboys. Outside of Belichick, Shanahan was the best coach in the AFC.

the dog has heard a rumor on a radio station that shanahan and jerry jones have a good relationship...and he apparently loves romo (the dog heard elsewhere that he had made a hard play to sign him several years ago...not sure how true that is...). if he can handle jerry jones, he could definately be a good fit there, and he would be inheriting a team with a lot of talent, and in need of someone to direct them well...who knows...